Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2021 3:13:13 PM EDT
Got a notice to pick up my ccw permit.  Logged onto website and best the city can do is August 31st of 2021.   Over 90 days for appointment to get  permit from firearms unit on Eire Avenue.  Is that  just a jerking around by the Firearms unit?
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 1:03:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Got a notice to pick up my ccw permit.  Logged onto website and best the city can do is August 31st of 2021.   Over 90 days for appointment to get  permit from firearms unit on Eire Avenue.  Is that  just a jerking around by the Firearms unit?
View Quote

It's Philly being Philly.

Call them and ask them what's going on.

Philly drags their feet every chance they get and find every excuse to deny issuing permits.

What the state OUGHT to do is allow the county next door to issue permits to Philly residents (and put the squeeze to get them to issue them ASAP) and then watch what happens. Philly will be left out in the cold and lost revenue.

If Philly loses revenue THEN watch out! Same day service!

ETA after Philly gives you a song and dance try calling Harrisburg and raise hell there.

Who is your state rep?
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:12:55 PM EDT
[#2]
@Voodoo17 shoot me a PM.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 9:07:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Hi, I had to go through the same thing when my permit issued by Phila county expired during last year's shutdowns.  Your timeframe is a bit longer than mine, I applied online* earlier this year and got my appointment scheduled in around two months.   So I'd say your quote of three months is not out of line, although a bit longer.

*:  after they canceled my appointment I booked in fall 2020 WITHOUT any notice to me, I might add.  

Anyway, I just picked up my permit and if this is your first time at the new location on Erie Avenue it's nowhere as easy to access as the old location on 10th and Spring Garden.   Avoid driving north up Broad Street if possible, too many lights and you'll go through some not so nice parts of the city.  Also, I had no trouble finding parking on the other side of the street but you can always use St. Christopher's Hospital's indoor (pay) lot as a backup, it is not far away.  

Best of luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top