Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 6:24:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m down for Hun Farm 2!
View Quote

Unfortunately, there will never be another Hun Farm get together.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 1:04:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Holy fuzzballs My hair looks horrible in that picture.

Ps That weekend started the downfall of DTor.....hahahahhhahahahahhahaahah...suck it you fake bitch.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 1:10:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Ps That weekend started the downfall of DTor.....hahahahhhahahahahhahaahah...suck it you fake bitch.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/4/2021 3:29:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/4/2021 3:32:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Ah, DThor.  Didn't he try making people think he was some sort of HSLD Navy SEAL or something?  He was one of the OG Arfcom douche-bags, and I'm wanting to think he had another lackey that hung around.  They went and fired up another message board, IIRC.  GunsNet or DoucheNet or somesuch shit.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 4:28:45 PM EDT
[#6]
david thorton was handing out trident pins........in addition to all the lies he told.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 10:42:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
david thorton was handing out trident pins........in addition to all the lies he told.
View Quote

OK...  that's just 4 kinds of fucked up.  Glad I missed that era of TX HTF Arfcom while I was lurking.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 10:56:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I remember that loudmouthed son of a bitch.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 11:13:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

OK...  that's just 4 kinds of fucked up.  Glad I missed that era of TX HTF Arfcom while I was lurking.
View Quote

It was certainly an interesting drama-filled era... DonR, AntiUSSA, Arock, and probably some others I've forgotten.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 12:14:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It was certainly an interesting drama-filled era... DonR, AntiUSSA, Arock, and probably some others I've forgotten.
View Quote

I did some shooting with Arock before he went postal with our small group of NTX 50 cal shooters.  Which is (I believe) before he went postal in Arfcom.  For better or worse, he is responsible for introducing me to Arfcom in '98 or '99.  I forget exactly when since I wasn't really active until much later.

He was still a douche.

FU Arock.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:50:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 1:15:37 AM EDT
[#12]
A long time ago, I hosted a Class III meet or two that lots of arfcom folks showed up to.  It was fun.

When I was mostly living in another state, we had a few arfcom specific get togethers but mostly for non shooting stuff.

Now that I am mostly back in Texas and on the coast, the south texas coastal folks have had a few really cool get togethers to grab a bite to eat.

Would love a state wide meet.

Link Posted: 9/6/2021 8:03:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Zoomer tag
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 9:26:47 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm always up for get togethers unfortunately they are all far from me since I'm way down south but I do enjoy a good road trip whenever possible. It's always a blast at @wolfjflywheel place looking forward to the next one.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 10:32:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 11:29:52 AM EDT
[#16]
The Banned of Brothers shoots at TV in the early oughts were fun shoots.  One year it rained heavily the night before and the range was soaked, making it a giant mud pit.  I showed up in my daily driver, a 1996 Impala SS, and started to make my way down to the 200 yard line where folks were set up.  TJ was on his tractor pulling some guy out of the mud and gave me the stink eye because I'm sure he thought he would have to pull me out at the end of the day.  I didn't make it to the 200 yard line, but I did drive out on my own, albeit with 200 lbs of TV mud on my undercarriage.  Months later when changing my transmission fluid I found small rocks in the pan!

[/tangent]

Zhukov makes a very good point about liability.  If a lot of folks show up, even with most if not all very safety concious, range safety needs to be thought through carefully.  I've been at shoots with both volunteer and paid RSOs where safety violations and accidents occurred, though thankfully no one was hurt.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 10:07:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Even the Hunfarm in its later years had no shortage of people making stupid decisions and I cautioned ETH about it.
View Quote

There was a night shoot from the bluff down into the river that was a perfect example of that. There were a couple of "oh shit" moments but luckily no one was hurt. There were a couple of iffy moments at the shoots at Ralph's Range in Tom Bean. It was a 100-yard range with a short berm. With 25 folks on the line, it was iffy.

Link Posted: 9/6/2021 10:35:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone who came to itsARanchrifles shoots may have noticed I shot less each year to observe more; the last year I pretty much stayed at camp and drank. I just knew someone was gonna get hurt. I was wrong but damn it was stressful. The 1-2% kind of ruin the fun.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 11:14:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Well, obviously, the solution is a virtual get together - Everyone shoots from the safety of their own ranges.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 10:18:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Maybe MaDeuce will open TV for the weekend.

It's been a while, but it's pretty central, and a great facility.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 12:52:02 PM EDT
[#21]
I would be in for TV, if it becomes an option.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 5:55:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The problem with large get-togethers is an issue of liability. Who wants about a hundred people showing up on their land to shoot? Now granted, a vast majority of those are safety-conscious folks who would be careful, but you can't ever fully control who shows up and there are always a few morons in the mix - and it only takes one. Even the Hunfarm in its later years had no shortage of people making stupid decisions and I cautioned ETH about it.

View Quote

Texas has law which is protects landowners from liability when allowing folks on their property for recreational purposes.  There are some caveats and nuance, but in general...  this is a non-issue.  At least from a legal standpoint.

Link

Link Posted: 9/9/2021 7:31:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The problem with large get-togethers is an issue of liability. Who wants about a hundred people showing up on their land to shoot? Now granted, a vast majority of those are safety-conscious folks who would be careful, but you can't ever fully control who shows up and there are always a few morons in the mix - and it only takes one. Even the Hunfarm in its later years had no shortage of people making stupid decisions and I cautioned ETH about it.

Tiger Valley was a good option. You paid some money, but TJ had RO's and it felt like it was much more controlled. The shooting was done on madeuce's terms, and drinking/partying happened later. I know TV's business has picked up and he may not have many - if any - opportunities just to host a bunch of Arfcom people for a weekend.
View Quote

I was a RSO at Gunstock. After they closed down the shooting on Saturday, they let all the RSOs who wanted to go over to the KD range. I think we were shooting from the 700 yard line. I was between a guy with a 338 Lapua mag and a guy with a 50. The 50 shooter was from Texas City, and had never shot it past 100.  He had 0 come ups on it. He wasn’t hitting the targets or the berm. The look on TJs face was priceless when he figured out the rounds were going over the berm.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 1:43:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Ah, DThor.  Didn't he try making people think he was some sort of HSLD Navy SEAL or something?  He was one of the OG Arfcom douche-bags, and I'm wanting to think he had another lackey that hung around.  They went and fired up another message board, IIRC.  GunsNet or DoucheNet or somesuch shit.
View Quote

Yes, Gunsnet. DThor... That guy was a total goober - I got into it with him probably close to 20 years ago and never looked back. I wonder what ever happened to that guy that used to post over there around the same time - "Fred Sanford" or FERD as he was affectionately known with his purple Mossberg and filthy mattress - he was either mentally challenged and/or drunk or a master troll well ahead of his time.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top