Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2021 9:57:41 PM EDT
I am writing this evening with cautious optimism!

"Cautious" because anything can happen during session, thus nothing (and nobody) is safe until the gavel hits the wood (Sine Die, or the official end of the legislative session).

I am optimistic however because so far, there are only three anti-gun bills with any kind of "legs" and those legs are not strong (out of about a dozen anti-gun bills that were introduced this session).

LET'S KEEP IT THAT WAY!

Those three bills are:

SSB 5078 (Substitute Senate Bill 5078 - "Hi-Cap" mag ban).  Still in the Senate Rules Committee, awaiting a date on the floor calendar for a vote.  Could get called anytime *however* if we keep the pressure up on our electeds, SSB 5078 just may not come up for a vote at all.

Go Here And Click The "Comment On This Bill" Button

You don't even need to write much if you don't want to.  Just simply click the "oppose" button and write "Please oppose SSB 5078.  Thank you" and your opposition will be tallied on a spreadsheet.

SSB 5038 (Substitute Senate Bill 5038 - "Open Carry Ban").  Also in the Senate Rules Committee, awaiting a date on the floor calendar *unless* there is large amounts of opposition to this bill.  So let's do it!

Go Here To Comment/Oppose SSB 5038

Again, one does not need to write much, just "Please oppose SSB 5038.  Thank you".

And finally, in the House of Representatives, we have HB 1283 which is kind of like SSB 5038 yet even more vague.  It is in the House Rules Committee awaiting a date on the floor vote calendar.  Let's see if we can't keep it stuck in committee!

Go Here To Oppose HB 1283

So there you go:  In less than ten minutes (possibly five?), you can raise your voice and show your opposition to three anti-gun bills!!

Yes - the legislators are feeling the pressure - so let's keep it up!!!

Get your friends, family, etc. to join in.

WE CAN DO THIS AND THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU HAVE DONE SO FAR THIS SESSION!!!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:06:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Whatever the Libtards on the West Side, can't pass thru the Legislature, they pass thru a Vote in the November Elections.
SAD.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 1:45:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Done! It took less than 5 minutes to do this guys.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:28:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Whatever the Libtards on the West Side, can't pass thru the Legislature, they pass thru a Vote in the November Elections.
SAD.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
SAD.

It’s bullshit, and I thought this exact same thing when I saw how these bills didn’t gain the traction I thought they would. It’s almost like they don’t care either way, if they fail here, we will see them in November. I’m thinking this is one way our elected officials can say they didn’t oppose gun bills, even though they do. What we need is a far more effective way to fight these Initiatives before the election.

Quoted:
Done! It took less than 5 minutes to do this guys.

I did this, I hope it the few minutes I spent do make a difference.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:37:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I love these type of posts, making it easier to find the link.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:16:22 PM EDT
[#5]
dunno if its my browser update or the state legislature website doing it, but its not allowing me to autofill anymore, which is kind of annoying. ive been commenting on these nearly every day, opposing. I haven't even gotten a canned response from these assholes yet either, they don't even want to bother with those anymore.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:25:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
dunno if its my browser update or the state legislature website doing it, but its not allowing me to autofill anymore, which is kind of annoying. ive been commenting on these nearly every day, opposing. I haven't even gotten a canned response from these assholes yet either, they don't even want to bother with those anymore.
View Quote

Try clearing your cache or switching to a different browser.  The website might be thinking that you are a bot.  I am not a tech expert by any means, so it’s just a hunch.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:56:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

My autofill in Chrome is working fine.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:01:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Done!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 4:43:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I did this, I hope it the few minutes I spent do make a difference.
View Quote

Thank you for taking action and yes - it does make a difference!!

If your voice along with all of the other voices being raised in opposition to these anti-gun bills did not matter, then these bills would just sail through the legislative process like greased owl snot.

But they are not!

I say this to everyone in WAHTF:  Your voices do matter and are having an impact this legislative session!  Stay strong and stay engaged!  WE CAN DO THIS!!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 5:46:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I opposed at all the links.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 7:39:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I want to do this but I feel this is putting you on some watch list for special targeting.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:09:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Done
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:20:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Question, what is the cutoff date where if the bill doesn't get a floor vote it dies in this session?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:58:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Only took a couple minutes.  Thanks for making it so easy!
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:24:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Done....
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:13:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Question, what is the cutoff date where if the bill doesn't get a floor vote it dies in this session?
View Quote

Great question and thank you for asking!

Technically: March 9th by 1700 hours is the cutoff date to get bills passed out of the house of origin (SB or SSB out of the Senate, HB or SHB out of the House of Representatives).

For those bills that "cross over" to the opposite chamber, they must get read into the appropriate committee.  These committees then vote "do pass" or "do not pass".  This has to be done by March 26th (technically)

Then technically the last day to consider a bill is April 11th.

The 2021 legislative session is scheduled to end on the 25th of April.  If the legislature's business is not done by April 25th, then the Governor can call a 30-day special session to extend the deadline (and if they are not done by then, a second 30-day special session can be called).

We saw some attempts at some "last-minute trickery" last session, where the anti's tried to tie a budget item to I believe it was the "hi-cap" mag ban bill last year, however that ended up getting nixed via some additional procedural maneuvering, if memory serves correct.

So, that was a long way of answering your question.  The short answer is nothing is considered dead until the actual end of session, called "Sine Die", which hopefully with be the 25th of April.

Link to Legislative Session Calendar for 2021

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:30:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Done.
Fuck the DNC

Canned response from Bronoske’s aid again:

“Dear John Martz,

Thank you for writing to the office of Representative Dan Bronoske to express your concerns for Substitute Senate Bill 5038, Substitute House Bill 1283, and Substitute Senate Bill 5078. Representative Bronoske appreciates hearing from you on this matter.

We thank you for taking time to share your views. Substitute Senate Bill 5038 does not prevent someone with a concealed carry permit to carry concealed differentiating from existing laws where firearms are prohibited like the access areas of a jail or other law enforcement facilities; the area used in connection with court proceedings; restricted access areas of a mental health facility; that portion of an establishment classified by the liquor and cannabis board as off-limits to persons under 21 years of age; restricted access areas of a commercial service airport; and public or private elementary and secondary school premises. The statutes governing prohibited places to possess a firearm can be found at RCW 9.41.300 and RCW 9.41.280. Cities, towns, counties and other municipalities may also have laws and ordinances affecting the use, possession or sale of firearms. RCW 9.41.290.

Substitute House Bill 1283 is currently in the House Rules committee. I would also like to acknowledge the substitute bill has bipartisan support. Substitute Senate Bill 5078 is also in the House Rules committee. We hope you will continue to voice your opinion on these, or any other pieces of legislation which are important to you.

If you are interested in following this, or any other bill, we encourage you to visit http://app.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/ to sign up for email notifications.

Representative Bronoske thanks you for taking time to share your views. Please do not hesitate to contact our office whenever you have a matter of interest or concern.

Best regards,

Megan Bartol
[email protected]
Office of Representative Dan Bronoske
28th Legislative District”
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:31:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I want to do this but I feel this is putting you on some watch list for special targeting.
View Quote

I'm a white conservative male war veteran gun owner... I'm already on lists all over so fuck it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:58:43 PM EDT
[#19]
As of right now, it seems the "Validate District" is failing which prevents posting of comments.

Rob
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 7:54:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'm a white conservative male war veteran gun owner... I'm already on lists all over so fuck it.
View Quote

Thank you for your continued service!
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:49:43 PM EDT
[#21]
5038 Passed the Senate today.  Time to move our letter writing efforts to the House.  Keep it up all.  It's not over yet.

- Nw -
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 12:16:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
5038 Passed the Senate today.  Time to move our letter writing efforts to the House.  Keep it up all.  It's not over yet.

- Nw -
View Quote

THAT'S THE ATTITUDE!!!

WE AIN'T DONE YET!!!

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 2:27:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Done. Thank you for posting the links.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 12:29:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Of course it passed, WA is now Kali North.
Just the Reality of it all.

Quoted:

- Nw -
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top