Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2021 10:08:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 9:02:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I had lunch there earlier this week with a buddy. We loved the food and will be back.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 9:31:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had lunch there earlier this week with a buddy. We loved the food and will be back.
View Quote

We should all organize some gatherings there.  The public and finacial support can make a difference.  Enough is enough.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 10:08:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

We should all organize some gatherings there.  The public and finacial support can make a difference.  Enough is enough.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since the story broke they have been so busy the line has been out the door. We could meet there but, I doubt there would be room to socialize as a group.

These were taken the other night and posted by a customer. The people standing on the left in the first photo have already ordered
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 10:49:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Awesome.  Wish I was in the area to support him.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 12:41:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 6:38:34 PM EDT
[#6]
The comment section in that article is full of nazi Karens.  That paper has always been to the left of Carl Marx.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 9:15:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Good luck to him, and thank you all for supporting them.  

I wish we had more people like that here in Low-down County.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 9:50:30 AM EDT
[#8]
If I was closer I’d go there.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 8:34:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 1:52:57 PM EDT
[#10]
This is great news.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 4:09:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Hopes he's recording these visits.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 7:10:17 PM EDT
[#12]
"Health officials first went to the restaurant after receiving more than 50 complaints since mid-December about the lack of face masks on employees, customers at the bar and no social-distancing measures, according to the health district."

This is the problem with VA these days.  Don't like it?  Go somewhere else.  But you're really going to complain to the health department?  Jesus...
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 7:44:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
"Health officials first went to the restaurant after receiving more than 50 complaints since mid-December about the lack of face masks on employees, customers at the bar and no social-distancing measures, according to the health district."

This is the problem with VA these days.  Don't like it?  Go somewhere else.  But you're really going to complain to the health department?  Jesus...
View Quote

Where I'm from you get your ass kicked for this kinda dubauchery  Were there any COVID complaints at the several protest/riots that the Mayor of F-burg encouraged/protected?  Liberals are truly unhappy people and direct their displeasure at anyone that isn't in their hell.   This case and rebellion is perfect and the owner's support is surging.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 7:33:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Were thinking about making a trip just to support the guy. Just hope we can get in .
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 8:37:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Should have posted the owner's first video already:

Link Posted: 2/9/2021 9:00:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Karen's are a worst enemy to freedom than anyone else in the world.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 6:58:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Matt was interviewed on WMAL with Larry O'Conner this afternoon.  Here's a link to the podcast:

https://omny.fm/shows/the-larry-o-connor-show/2021-02-09-the-larry-oconnor-show-matt-strickland
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:30:26 AM EDT
[#18]
For those who are not following this, the state filed an injunction against Matt and Gourmeltz. The hearing was yesterday at 9am were a continuance was requested and granted. The new hearing will be March 12th. I was not there so i don't know which side asked for and was granted the continuance.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 5:39:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Giovanni's Italian restaurant in Mechanicsville is dealing with similar crap right now...
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 10:44:33 PM EDT
[#20]
I think I'll go down there this weekend with the family.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 4:08:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Injunction Hearing from yesterday - Gourmeltz Family Update:
Today's injunction hearing is over; however, the judge has not ruled yet. He will review the arguments and evidence more thoroughly and get back to us with a decision within a week or so.
As you probably could have guessed, we are open, so come on out and enjoy this first taste of Spring with us!

https://fredericksburg.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/watch-now-spotsy-restaurant-owner-defying-mask-mandate-takes-fight-to-court/article_d589e707-f542-5e49-b1df-f5d45592d303.html?mode=comments

The comments speak to how angry and mindless some are of freedom.  Doesn't sound like the judge knows how to handle this.......side with the hyprocites/idiots while no law broken or uphold the Constitution in the era of idiocracy?
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 11:27:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Injunction Hearing from yesterday - Gourmeltz Family Update:
Today's injunction hearing is over; however, the judge has not ruled yet. He will review the arguments and evidence more thoroughly and get back to us with a decision within a week or so.
As you probably could have guessed, we are open, so come on out and enjoy this first taste of Spring with us!

https://fredericksburg.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/watch-now-spotsy-restaurant-owner-defying-mask-mandate-takes-fight-to-court/article_d589e707-f542-5e49-b1df-f5d45592d303.html?mode=comments

The comments speak to how angry and mindless some are of freedom.  Doesn't sound like the judge knows how to handle this.......side with the hyprocites/idiots while no law broken or uphold the Constitution in the era of idiocracy?
View Quote

You've hit the nail on the head.

This past weekend we meant to head down there for a meal but didn't make it.  

Need to get down there and support them in any way we can.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Well who would have thought that the judge would rule in favor of Gournmeltz. This is from there FB page:

We have the decision back from the judge...

The judge denied the Attorney General’s request to grant a temporary injunction and order us to shut down.

This is a HUGE win! ????

However, it isn’t over. We will have another court date in the near future to prove all of this is unconstitutional and lift these unlawful suspensions. We’ll keep you posted on that.

We have to take a minute and thank all of you. There is no way we could have made it this far alone. We will continue to stand for Old Glory ???? and what she represents to all of us. As these so called “leaders” continue to try and chip away at our rights & freedoms, we will continue to stand for them. We’ll stand for them knowing all of you are standing with us!
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 12:53:38 PM EDT
[#24]
'Tucker Carlson Tonight' guest arrested days after appearing on the show

Considering how this bistro owner is now in prison, I'd say Gourmeltz has done very well and if the GA results didn't reveal, than this case should demonstrate THERE is much weakness in the Virginia commies and talk of defeat has no room here.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 7:26:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Another victory for the restaurant owner on Friday:

A Spotsylvania County restaurant that is operating in defiance of the state’s effort to shut it down will not have to close, at least for now.

Judge Ricardo Rigual issued a lengthy ruling Friday denying the state’s claim for a temporary injunction that would have called for the immediate closure of Gourmeltz in Cosner Corner. Instead, the judge urged the attorneys in the case to “expeditiously” move ahead with the legal procedures necessary to bring the case to trial.

Gourmeltz owner Matt Strickland has refused to stop serving food and alcohol despite having his licenses suspended by the Virginia Health Department. Strickland claims that mandates from Gov. Ralph Northam in response to the Covid-19 pandemic are unconstitutional.

The state health department argued in a hearing last week that Strickland’s refusal to comply with such things as mask and social distancing requirements mandated by the state is reason for an immediate closing. An assistant attorney general argued that Strickland’s claim that the mandates are unconstitutional are “staggering” and noted that the same mandates are being followed by businesses throughout the state.

More:  https://fredericksburg.com/news/crime_courts/court-says-spotsy-restaurant-defying-mask-mandate-can-remain-open/article_d829e865-4408-530f-8743-f1b3ddf19ea5.html#tracking-source=home-trending
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 7:31:45 AM EDT
[#26]

The state health department argued in a hearing last week that Strickland’s refusal to comply with such things as mask and social distancing requirements mandated by the state is reason for an immediate closing. An assistant attorney general argued that Strickland’s claim that the mandates are unconstitutional are “staggering” and noted that the same mandates are being followed by businesses throughout the state.[/i]
View Quote

So... just because he says "the same mandates are being followed by businesses throughout the state".... he thinks that makes them Constitutional?  'Everyone is doing it, so it must be ok??'  Is that really what the Asst Attorney General thinks?
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 6:01:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

So... just because he says "the same mandates are being followed by businesses throughout the state".... he thinks that makes them Constitutional?  'Everyone is doing it, so it must be ok??'  Is that really what the Asst Attorney General thinks?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The state health department argued in a hearing last week that Strickland’s refusal to comply with such things as mask and social distancing requirements mandated by the state is reason for an immediate closing. An assistant attorney general argued that Strickland’s claim that the mandates are unconstitutional are “staggering” and noted that the same mandates are being followed by businesses throughout the state.[/i]

Of course. ‘Why aren’t you going along with everyone else? Don’t you see what you’re doing is wrong?’

Fuggin’ twats.

Bit too far for the fam to do diner there, but glad to hear folks are supporting those willing to go all the way against these statist d-bags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top