Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2022 11:35:19 AM EDT
Dan Odonnell reported this a couple of weeks ago on his radio show. Apparently Tim Michels has been "living" in 2 of the most liberal enclaves since 2013, NYC, & Greenwich CT. Although it seems he maintains residency in WI, all of his kids attended and graduated from high schools in both NYC & CT - these are not boarding schools. To this day it is reported that he, his wife, & kids are actively living in CT, participating in east coast style yacht clubs, & attending colleges in these areas. He did not disclose any of this when announcing his run for Gov as a conservative.

Not sure if I'm over thinking this, but the fact that he and his family have so enjoyed the East coast lifestyle since 2013, I can't help but question if his "conservative" values are true and he is a dem plant? Think of Brian Hagedorn, the WI Supreme Court Justice who also ran as a conservative Justice, only to side with the liberal justices on the majority of cases brought to the court.

Thoughts?

https://www.wisconsinrightnow.com/2022/05/01/tim-michels-home/
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 3:22:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like him and his millions should just stay in CT.  Can't see how he'd be concerned about little 'ol WI.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 8:00:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Lame hit piece. He lives in Waukesha Co. He does huge infrastructure projects all over.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 9:56:08 PM EDT
[#3]
So does he LIVE there or just own a house there?
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:00:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Michels has always been a big Republican donor and is a huge Trump guy.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:18:41 AM EDT
[#5]
This the same guy that ran for Senate (and lost) like 15 years ago?
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:36:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I met him at the Rothschild gun show last week, and was distinctly not impressed. Talked to him for 20-30 min, and the take-away was he didn't make a very positive impression.

I had to laugh at his veiled attempt to strike up a conversation though, lol. He picked up an Arex Delta I had on my table and started asking generic questions, before he segued into his spiel. It was a little awkward in execution.

After looking him up, he's a Wisconsin resident, but lives in the NYC-area and CT for at least 5 months out of the year. Several failed bids for office don't usually bode well, and I think the State-party is fully aligned behind Kleefisch now.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 7:45:12 PM EDT
[#7]
He called into the Dan Odonnell show and discussed it at length.

I would listen to the Pod cast and then make your judgment
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:42:55 PM EDT
[#8]
...yeah...no.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 8:56:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I met him at the Rothschild gun show last week
View Quote

Off topic...

Will you be at the Eagle River show on Memorial Day weekend? I'll stop and say Hi.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 9:00:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm in Dodge County and I see a shit ton of Rebecca Kleefisch signs. She's got a lot of solid endorsements, honestly she seems like she's the preferred candidate. Whatever removes Evers.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:57:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Off topic...

Will you be at the Eagle River show on Memorial Day weekend? I'll stop and say Hi.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I met him at the Rothschild gun show last week

Off topic...

@rfb45colt

Yup, I'll be there. I'll put a little Arfcom sign on my table for you.

Mid-30's overweight guy, with a USAF hat on.

Link Posted: 5/11/2022 8:15:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

@rfb45colt

Yup, I'll be there. I'll put a little Arfcom sign on my table for you.

Mid-30's overweight guy, with a USAF hat on.

View Quote

I'm 6'2", 240lbs, short beard with some grey in it, medium length brown hair. Probably wearing a brown FF hat or a grey kryptik camo Midway USA. I might have my  grand-son-in-law with me, he's gone to last few shows with me, lives in Arbor Vitae. You can't miss him, he'll be the biggest human being in the building (he's 30, 7' tall, weighs about 400... and he's not "fat" ). Maybe his 2 y.o. son, my great grandson, too.

I'll be 72 later this week, but everyone says I look more like 55-60, as still no grey hair on my head. Lost 40 lbs in past year doing Keto.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 11:28:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm in Dodge County and I see a shit ton of Rebecca Kleefisch signs. She's got a lot of solid endorsements, honestly she seems like she's the preferred candidate. Whatever removers Evers.
View Quote

We'll see who gets Trump's endorsement, only one that really matters.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 8:33:38 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm not overly impressed with any candidate at this point, but I'd sure as hell take Kleefish over Michels. Someone who spends nearly half a yeah living in a liberal area like CT/NY cannot be trusted
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:03:54 PM EDT
[#15]
How much of Micheals business is gov't contracts?

opens a whole nuther can of worms.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 10:10:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm not overly impressed with any candidate at this point, but I'd sure as hell take Kleefish over Michels. Someone who spends nearly half a yeah living in a liberal area like CT/NY cannot be trusted
View Quote

I like the "yeah" for year, like said in the East Coast dialect... Lol.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 9:54:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Looks like he is trump's horse.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 1:36:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Not interested in a part time resident running for office. He has interests elsewhere, not focused here.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 2:51:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Anybody else noticed that Michels’ script is exactly like Nicholson?

-ex military
-grassroots
-anti-establishment
-anti-elite

Then all the same issues that will drive republicans across the nation (economy, taxes, CRT, etc)
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 4:31:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Looks like he is trump's horse.
View Quote

yea, and Trump also backed Dr. OZ in Pa for senate.

Bad choice Trump, Bad Choice.

2 years ago Trumps endorsement would matter, today it matters little to me.

Heard Micheals on Dan O'donnel this morning.

Not impressed.

The real question is he going to buckle under to the woke mobs and the media or tell them to pound sand.

Link Posted: 6/3/2022 4:49:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Anybody else noticed that Michels’ script is exactly like Nicholson?

-ex military
-grassroots
-anti-establishment
-anti-elite

Then all the same issues that will drive republicans across the nation (economy, taxes, CRT, etc)
View Quote

This is how Texas ended up with Dan Crenshaw. I honor actual vets, not a huge fan of ex officers but that from my navy eyes.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 1:17:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Not interested in a part time resident running for office. He has interests elsewhere, not focused here.
View Quote
My thoughts as well, but if he is the candidate I guess I'll have to hold my nose and vote for him just to get Evers the fuck out, maybe Michels will surprise us because none of the potential candidates really "wowed" me.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 11:11:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My thoughts as well, but if he is the candidate I guess I'll have to hold my nose and vote for him just to get Evers the fuck out, maybe Michels will surprise us because none of the potential candidates really "wowed" me.
View Quote

I really cannot, at this point think of any politician that "wows" me. I tend to think of them as someone who cannot cut it in the real world, and will say or do anything to get elected. I also see that they mostly DGAF about the folks that voted for them over the powers that be who enrich them at our cost.
I could never run for office, the first time I called someone a fucking liar my campaign would be over.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 7:46:53 AM EDT
[#24]
“I don't have that answer today," Tim Michels said when asked if he supports expanded background checks.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 9:15:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
“I don't have that answer today," Tim Michels said when asked if he supports expanded background checks.
View Quote

Same answer he would get asking for a vote.
He wants to be governor for him, not us. As soon as someone greases his palm, he will have an answer.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 10:38:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Same answer he would get asking for a vote.
He wants to be governor for him, not us. As soon as someone greases his palm, he will have an answer.
View Quote

It’s clear he doesn’t know what to say without having someone tell him what to say.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 12:45:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It’s clear he doesn’t know what to say without having someone tell him what to say.
View Quote

So he's a moron with zero convictions. Go back to wherever back east. He is looking for easy money and connections. Fuck him.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 4:39:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

So he's a moron with zero convictions. Go back to wherever back east. He is looking for easy money and connections. Fuck him.
View Quote

Damn straight
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 6:35:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wanted to give him a shot. I really did.  We need folks who aren't from the swamp -- on both sides.  But alas, I'm starting to agree with this assessment.  He's using the 'outsider' tactic to get votes, but there isn't a strong foundation under it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 6:57:18 PM EDT
[#30]
It's a no from me on Michels. It's painfully obvious he's out of his depth. He projects smugness, but doesn't know his positions yet.

I'm also a no on Nicholson. In 2015 he was begging Scott Walker's cronies for speaking engagements, a seat on the Board of Veterans Affairs, then he wanted to be a senator, lost to Leah Vukmir in a primary, now he wants to be governor. He thinks he deserves it and he wants to be elected to anything so badly it's embarrassing to anyone watching him. He should have moved north and taken Sean Duffy's seat, or west and run against that asshat Van Orden now that Kind is done.

So, it's Kleefisch for me, plus she was actually really nice to her staff, and other state agencies' staff, in a genuine manner.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 11:50:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Isn’t she a RINO? Is there a Paul Ryan / Rebecca Kleefisch connection?
Tim Michels seems like a “get things done” kind of guy…like Trump. Also he is not a career politician, but sees the state / country is swirling down the toilet.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 8:52:43 PM EDT
[#32]
My vote is for Kleefisch & Jarchow.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 9:06:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
How much of Micheals business is gov't contracts?

opens a whole nuther can of worms.
View Quote
this is more my concern. I'm petty sure a lamp post could beat one term Tony, but I was hoping for a standout candidate. I'm undecided but leaning Kleefisch. Nicholson runs for everything and always loses. I'm not convinced on Michaels (no real record and I suspect a lot of government kickback contracts) and I think he would be the swampiest of the three. I'm basically leaning Kleefisch by default
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 11:21:43 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm not a fan of Michels.  Driving around in his pick-up talking like he's just a good 'ole boy outsider who just wants to make things right doesn't do anything for me.  He's going to have to bring a lot more to the table besides not being a politician.  Not being to answer a question about background checks sounds like he has to get the answer from someone else.  Maybe he didn't have enough info on the subject to offer a response, who knows.  I just get the feeling he's all about what he can do for himself and his business rather than the people of Wisc.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 7:50:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My vote is for Kleefisch & Jarchow.
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 12:31:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm not a fan of Michels.  Driving around in his pick-up talking like he's just a good 'ole boy outsider who just wants to make things right doesn't do anything for me.  He's going to have to bring a lot more to the table besides not being a politician.  Not being to answer a question about background checks sounds like he has to get the answer from someone else.  Maybe he didn't have enough info on the subject to offer a response, who knows.  I just get the feeling he's all about what he can do for himself and his business rather than the people of Wisc.
View Quote

Yeah, I don't buy his schtick.

He was trying to fit in with the "Northwoods" in my encounter with him, but he definitely gave off a too-polished Country Club vibe. He definitely can handle Republican talking-points, but I have a feeling he needs someone to tell him his opinion on the details.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 1:18:26 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm not interested in voting for anyone for state office that lives in another state for 5 months a year.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:07:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Believe he lives part time on the East coast. Moved there to be closer to a gigantic Michel’s Construction Company project that had  something to do with excavating the extensions of the East Coast Corridor (New York/ DC) subway system. One of the few U.S. Corporations that could handle that big of a project!
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 4:37:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 11:47:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Isn’t she a RINO? Is there a Paul Ryan / Rebecca Kleefisch connection?
Tim Michels seems like a “get things done” kind of guy…like Trump. Also he is not a career politician, but sees the state / country is swirling down the toilet.
View Quote

Kleefisch is/was a never trumper.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 8:44:44 AM EDT
[#41]
I want to see someone who will not cave in when the press and the woke mob goes after them.
That sounds like something you'd hear in politacal ad.
But thats what it comes down to.

Say what you want about Trump but he was not afraid of the press in the least.

In my gut I think Kleefisch has more stones than Micheals. As For Nicholson, I don't have an opinion about that, he has yet to do something about anything that registers with me.

So far I'm in the Kleefisch camp but it not take much to push me somewhere else.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 8:57:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't see that, In fact I did a quick search and for what its worth left sources are trying to paint her as a Trump ally.

Some more info on being a never Trumper.

If she has in the past condemned Trump for his behavior (poorly worded mean tweets, grab them by the pussy comments) that's one thing. If she condemned him on his policies thats a different animal.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 9:32:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I don't see that, In fact I did a quick search and for what its worth left sources are trying to paint her as a Trump ally.

If she has in the past condemned Trump for his behavior (poorly worded mean tweets, grab them by the pussy comments) that's one thing. If she condemned him on his policies thats a different animal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She's not a Trump supporter. The Walker camp hated trump after the 16 primary. Becky backed out of 16 convention as a delegate, refused to join the WI woman's trump group, skipped the inauguration, didn't appear at trump rally's in 16 & 20. Wasn't even a delegate for the convention in 20. Trump rewards loyalty, and that's why Becky didn't get the endorsement.

Tim was a big donor to Trump and a supporter, that's why he was endorsed.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 11:06:08 PM EDT
[#44]
For sure anyone, BUT…”One Term Tony”!
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 6:53:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

She's not a Trump supporter. The Walker camp hated trump after the 16 primary. Becky backed out of 16 convention as a delegate, refused to join the WI woman's trump group, skipped the inauguration, didn't appear at trump rally's in 16 & 20. Wasn't even a delegate for the convention in 20. Trump rewards loyalty, and that's why Becky didn't get the endorsement.

Tim was a big donor to Trump and a supporter, that's why he was endorsed.
View Quote

So she wasn't out in the open dissing Trump but sat on her hands quietly in the corner?

Maybe its not just for or against, maybe for, neutral, against? If so she was in the more neutral camp. Shades of gray and all that.
Trump backs those that are good for Trump, not those that are good for America. For all I like about Trump he still is more moderate than I prefer.

Trumps endorsements mean little to me just because he puts personal loyalty above loyalty to the Country.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 12:13:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Michels chicken out on the gop gov debate tonight.   He went to a rally in Lomira instead.

Link Posted: 6/28/2022 9:44:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Michels chicken out on the gop gov debate tonight.   He went to a rally in Lomira instead.

View Quote
I drove by that last night on my way home. The rally was in front of the Shooters Supply. I kinda wanted to stop but unfortunately I refuse to pull off in Lomira for anything after the asinine traffic ticket I got there about 7-8 years ago.

I'm open to him but if I had to check a box today it's still for Becky
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 12:37:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I drove by that last night on my way home. The rally was in front of the Shooters Supply. I kinda wanted to stop but unfortunately I refuse to pull off in Lomira for anything after the asinine traffic ticket I got there about 7-8 years ago.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The rally was fun and I got some powder at Shooters Supply
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 4:21:06 PM EDT
[#49]
I did not know about the rally until after the fact.   I would have went.
I don't know what it is, but there is something about Michels that does not feel right.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 6:03:28 PM EDT
[#50]
I prefer my candidates to not say "I'll get back to you on that" when asked about the 2nd amendment. Fuck that debate ducker Michels. I sincerely hope going after Joe Giganti sinks his campaign
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top