Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/22/2022 11:02:10 PM EDT
The Rebecca Kleefisch campaign for Wisconsin Governor is sounding sort of Swampy lately. The Scott Walker/ Rebecca Kleefisch campaign add on TV has made me decide to jump on the Tim Michael’s bandwagon. He seems like a get things done kind of a guy…she seems like a politician…a swampy politician. That’s all I got!
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 2:27:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I feel just the opposite.   Micheals adds and flyers give me a creepy feeling about the guy.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 11:00:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I like Michels in theory but the fact that his company is union and depends on a lot of state contracts gives me a bad feeling about him
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 8:43:25 AM EDT
[#3]
If slaverkiteman is for Michels then that's who I'm not voting for.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 9:01:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, let's vote for the *out of state* union guy to run the state. What could possibly go wrong?
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 10:39:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, let's vote for the *out of state* union guy to run the state. What could possibly go wrong?
View Quote

OP is a union guy.
He was loosing his shit during the Walker administration.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 10:40:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I sure hate Evers, but it'll be damn hard to get me to vote for Michels.

I have zero desire to elect someone who has spent the majority of his recent life in Connecticut and New York.

Having met the man and spoken with him, I was even less impressed.

Edit:spelling
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 2:01:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I think I'm going with Rebecca.  Anyone who won't veto the stuff Evers has.  Michels doesn't seem like he really has a plan.  His out-of-state time is troubling as is his union leanings.  Also, not having an answer on pro-2nd amendment issues has me concerned.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 3:52:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Michels barely lives in Wisconsin - just enough each year to claim residency. he should take his raggedy ass back to Connecticut to be with his east coast elites.

I'm barely on board with Kleefisch, but Michels is an absolute no-go for me.

on gun control, when asked - “I don’t have that answer today.” What? You don't believe in the Second Amendment and why it's important, and you don't have anything to say about who should be prohibited and a good way to go about it using due process of law in a transparent way that holds everyone accountable for potential abuse of it?

blow me.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 4:39:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

OP is a union guy.
He was loosing his shit during the Walker administration.
View Quote
That's gross
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 11:26:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Never thought of a company owner as a union guy…usually the opposite.
I’ll have to pay attention to the 2nd Amendment situation!
For sure One Term Tony HAS TO GO!
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 1:26:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Road building is just money laundering, so michels is a fail.  I'll vote for the woman.  She doesn't seem as weasely.  Kind of jaundiced over the ex-mil guys turning out to be commies more often than I'd hope.  Too many guys flying Marine flags with Brandon signs in their yards.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 7:33:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Road building is just money laundering, so michels is a fail.  I'll vote for the woman.  She doesn't seem as weasely.  Kind of jaundiced over the ex-mil guys turning out to be commies more often than I'd hope.  Too many guys flying Marine flags with Brandon signs in their yards.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She seemed pretty slimy to me.
Yesterday’s debate helped with my decision.
Pence’s endorsement sealed the deal.

Link Posted: 7/30/2022 7:53:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Since Nicholson dropped out, I've had to look more closely at the remaining candidates.
Kleefisch is swampy, would be influenced too much by the Rino's who won't pass anything meaningful, much less the grandstanding bills they proposed under evers.

Micheal is concerning for his out of state connections as stated in this thread.

Ramthun would be the best choice of the 3, although I kind of get a naive vibe off of him. but unless everyone votes for him in the primary, he hasn't got a chance to advance
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 4:04:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Since Nicholson dropped out, I've had to look more closely at the remaining candidates.
Kleefisch is swampy, would be influenced too much by the Rino's who won't pass anything meaningful, much less the grandstanding bills they proposed under evers.

Micheal is concerning for his out of state connections as stated in this thread.

Ramthun would be the best choice of the 3, although I kind of get a naive vibe off of him. but unless everyone votes for him in the primary, he hasn't got a chance to advance
View Quote

I see somewhat the same thing.

Ramthun ain't getting much traction, its hard for a non-establishment guy to get anywhere.

I may vote for him in Aug, I'll vote for which ever one wins the primary, it'll be just a matter of how bad I gotta hold my nose come Nov.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 5:58:22 AM EDT
[#15]
I saw him and Kleefisch in the parade in Dousman yesterday.  At a bare minimum it was good to see them come out to a small town parade.  

I did have a good time making fun of the Waukesha Co Democrat float.  They got boooooo! from pretty much everyone.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 11:10:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Don’t forget to vote for Michaels this Tuesday, 8/9/2022!
Help Trump drain the swamp.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 12:55:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I like Michels in theory but the fact that his company is union and depends on a lot of state contracts gives me a bad feeling about him
View Quote

I don't get this line of thinking....  He's a road builder...  who else builds roads but the state?  He wins the low bid...  builds the roads...  and gets paid by the state for the roads he built.   What the hell about that gives you a bad feeling?  Who else is he supposed to build roads for?
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 11:20:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Why vote for the Carpetbagger?  Rebecca will be ready to go on day one if elected.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 11:55:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Voted for Kleefisch this morning.

Send that carpetbagging douchecanoe Michels back to Connecticut with the rest of the union commie queers.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 12:17:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Voted for Kleefisch this morning.

Send that carpetbagging douchecanoe Michels back to Connecticut with the rest of the union commie queers.
View Quote

I wish I though of this comment.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 1:01:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I wish I though of this comment.
View Quote

My alternate thought was about his successful road building business...

Know what we call a guy who builds a 1,000 roads and chokes himself on bags of commie union dicks? A homo.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 3:05:06 PM EDT
[#22]
A vote for Kleefisch is an endorsement for Pence…brilliant! The Swamp bullshits the gullible once again.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 3:15:59 PM EDT
[#23]
The problems you have with my person are explainable and/or dismissable. The problems I have with your person makes you an idiot.

Politics 101 in the current era.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 8:04:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The problems you have with my person are explainable and/or dismissable. The problems I have with your person makes you an idiot.

Politics 101 in the current era.
View Quote

When you don’t have a defense, you better go on offense!
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 8:16:18 PM EDT
[#25]
I voted for Ranthum today, 53 years in IL, this was my second election here, first one was last year for some school board stuff, followed Outagamie Co recommendations
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 11:49:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Looks like we've got Michels.  I sure hope he doesn't step on his schwantz - I want Tony out.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 11:50:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Bump
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 12:59:21 AM EDT
[#28]
13% left with Michells ahead by 28K.

So who’s worse Michelle or Kleefisch? Now split Ranthum & Nicholson to Kleefisch & she’s ahead by 10K.

Instead we may have literally an out of stater as supposedly a conservative candidate.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 7:11:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Troubles with both front runners.

We shouldn't have had to even had these problems. This one should have been easy.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 8:34:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
A vote for Kleefisch is an endorsement for Pence…brilliant! The Swamp bullshits the gullible once again.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 8:38:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Well, it's Michaels.

Say what you will, he's not my first choice myself, but we need to unite behind him, and Ron Johnson.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 9:45:27 AM EDT
[#32]
How many commies flipped parties to vote for who they thought was the weaker republican governor candidate?  I think they'd sacrifice the rest of their ballot to do this, and their ballot side had no opposition for the ghoul, so no threat to the weasel.

It's probably all moot anyway if the R's won't get their act together and figure out they need to do something about the repeated downstate commie fraud.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 9:54:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
How many commies flipped parties to vote for who they thought was the weaker republican governor candidate?  I think they'd sacrifice the rest of their ballot to do this, and their ballot side had no opposition for the ghoul, so no threat to the weasel.

It's probably all moot anyway if the R's won't get their act together and figure out they need to do something about the repeated downstate commie fraud.
View Quote

That's gonna be difficult, given that vos won his primary.
I'm not sure the rest of the assembly has the guts or will to elect someone else as leader.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 10:25:21 AM EDT
[#34]
The seething here reminds me of when Trump won the nomination in 2016.
Time to get behind Michels.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 11:16:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Who ran against Voss?  Voss is the weak tit that needs to be gone.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 11:17:38 AM EDT
[#36]
"...May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 11:21:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Becky was my first choice I'm fine with Michaels. I was about 52/48 for Becky. Honestly I think we have a better shot with Michaels tho, I think he can pull in more of the "center". Becky will always be associated with Walker and there's still that select group of morons on the R side that despise him, mostly for Act 10.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 11:42:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Tony needs to go, but I don’t think Michels will do it. At best this election cycle will be like watching two retards play king of the hill.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 1:22:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Well, it's Michaels.

Say what you will, he's not my first choice myself, but we need to unite behind him, and Ron Johnson.
View Quote

I agree with above statement. I think we will be able to work with Michels. The hard sell is Johnson. He has publicly said some things that have alienated a lot of conservative minded people, like his "off the cuff" remark about ending the "entitlements" called Social Security and Medicare. Messing with those two benefits are the "kiss of death" for any politician's career.
Gary
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 4:27:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Once Pence endorsed Kleefisch it was all over.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 7:05:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Reading some of these posts, I can see why Wisconsin is a purple state.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 7:45:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I agree with above statement. I think we will be able to work with Michels. The hard sell is Johnson. He has publicly said some things that have alienated a lot of conservative minded people, like his "off the cuff" remark about ending the "entitlements" called Social Security and Medicare. Messing with those two benefits are the "kiss of death" for any politician's career.
Gary
View Quote

Johnson never said anything about "ending" entitlements. He talked about changing the method the funding is administered every year to cut down on waste and fraud. But that's not how the lib media spins it. I collect S.S., as does my wife, and we both have Medicare (I'm 72, she's 71), so I'm paying attention to this. He still has our votes.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 9:21:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Barnes is a massive douche - doesn't know if his bung hole is drilled, punched or pecked out by crows.  I can't believe anyone would think he would not be completely overwhelmed by the job he seeks.  I think Johnson has done a good job and will continue to do one.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 11:23:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Reading some of these posts, I can see why Wisconsin is a purple state.
View Quote

Oh bullshit. We're saddled with a state party organization that is more interested in protecting their jobs than doing them. I live in Oneida County, so finding a politician that  doesn't think our northern border stops at Highway 29 is damn near an impossibility. I don't like electing assholes from Milwaukee or Dane county, let alone someone who spends most of their year out East.

I'm stuck voting for Michels now, but I would have loved a better option. I actually met him and spoke to him, and was far from impressed. He's a guy that loves Wisconsin so much, that he barely lives here. He's got some unfortunate connections in his background, and his company has pissed off more than a few people in Wisconsin. On top of all that he's got his failed senate run.

I'm tired of voting for the lesser of two evils, but I'll still vote for him. Just don't expect people like me to be happy about it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:24:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I'm tired of voting for the lesser of two evils, but I'll still vote for him. Just don't expect people like me to be happy about it.
View Quote

I'm beginning to think that voting for the lefturds is a better option, because having more of them in office will hurry this shitshow along to it's inevitable conclusion...

Link Posted: 8/11/2022 8:42:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'm beginning to think that voting for the lefturds is a better option, because having more of them in office will hurry this shitshow along to it's inevitable conclusion...

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:30:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty soon there will be no "lesser" of 2 evils, it will just be 2 evils.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:38:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Pretty soon there will be no "lesser" of 2 evils, it will just be 2 evils.
View Quote

It's already here.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 11:46:33 AM EDT
[#49]
So, I did some checking on his. Mil career.
It was actually more than I thought.
St Norbert ROTC
commissioned in 1984
Branch Infantry (Hooah)
Ranger school
Air borne/Air assault
EIB
Commanded a company with the 3rd Inf (Old Guard) at Arlington
Did 12 years active
got out in 1996 as an O-4 major
Some sites use the term (retired) but that's wrong. He most likely got a buy out as this was the great post-cold war drawdown of the Clinton era and there were lots of O-4's
So, I imagine he took a lump sum offered to him, knowing he would be capped and probably retires as a 04/05 LtCol.

He's done well for himself, and his Military service is respectable. But the Living on the east coast for years I'm not a fan of. (Like Hillary living in New York)

And I've learned that Military service is not a key indicator to how they lean politically (Wesley Clark anyone?)

But he's the guy running against Tony Evers, so I will be voting for him with the hope that he does what he says he will do and turn out to be a good Governor.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 9:17:56 PM EDT
[#50]
If you think Evers sucks, which obviously he does, you have to vote for the R candidate. So he has my vote
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top