Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2021 7:26:21 PM EDT
Can anyone point me in the direction of someone to replace a tikka t3x ctr barrel? I am getting ready to order a proof research barrel for it and am wondering who I should use to do the swap. I’m in the ABQ area.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 3:40:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Nobody?
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 10:48:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 2:07:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NMwaterfowler:
Good, trustworthy and competent gunsmiths seem to be in short supply in NM
View Quote

Someone said Score Hi…. I’ve never dealt with them though an don’t know anyone that has.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 1:54:41 PM EDT
[#4]
My usual referral is @99HMC4...my go to guy for anything now.

There is also Southwest Gunsmith Technologies...I have no experience with them but hear they are pretty good.

Eagle Machine in Corrales threaded a barrel for me, re-staked front sight, and worked on some old guns for me. I was always happy with his work but not sure if he is working anymore.
Link Posted: 11/3/2021 3:28:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 31niner:
My usual referral is @99HMC4...my go to guy for anything now.

There is also Southwest Gunsmith Technologies...I have no experience with them but hear they are pretty good.

Eagle Machine in Corrales threaded a barrel for me, re-staked front sight, and worked on some old guns for me. I was always happy with his work but not sure if he is working anymore.
View Quote

@99HMC4 please PM me. I’d like to talk about getting this work done if it is in your wheel house. Everything I have seen makes it sound like tikka really has these barrels on there good. An that they are a bear to get off.
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 1:26:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Score Hi or Southwest gunsmithing would be good to go.

MAHA
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 5:33:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Ken Griner of Griner Gunworks is up by Farmington. I haven’t had him work on anything for me, but he is well regarded in cowboy action circles. He works on modern guns as well. He’s about the only person in this state I’d even consider.

http://grinergunworks.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top