Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2021 9:07:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:33:41 PM EDT
[#1]
And even better, the legislature passed a bill GREATLY limiting the power of a future governor with regards to emergency powers.

I think many folks underestimate just how good of a governor DeSantis has been.  If not for Florida standing up to the mask mandates and other restrictions, some people believe that we would now be in a Canadian-style "lockdown" with travel restricted between regions.  

DeSantis 2024
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:49:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, only 20 grand worth of votes and "Florida Man found passed out in a puddle of his own vomit, in a Dade County hotel room with an OD'ed male hooker" would have been governor.  Yuck!

Best $250 of campaign contributions I ever spent.  Plus he didn't spam me every 5 hours with more emails begging for money.  Got a thank you note and some campaign updates, that was all.  While McSally must have fired off notes asking for cash on the hour every hour.  All to be have lost two Senate races in two years.  Maybe the AZ GOP will get her to run again in 22 -third time's the charm!
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:35:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think many folks underestimate just how good of a governor DeSantis has been.  If not for Florida standing up to the mask mandates and other restrictions, some people believe that we would now be in a Canadian-style "lockdown" with travel restricted between regions.  

DeSantis 2024
View Quote

Not me, not a day goes by that I don’t thank God he’s my governor! My business takes me out west to the mountains around Tahoe for a few months a year in the summer, a good friend in Reno tells me “you’re in for a rude awakening”. Can’t wait.

ETA:   I’m really not liking this push for DeSantis Trump 2024. We need him to stay right here in Florida, he’ll be wasted in that giant turd called dc, Trump had 4 years and look how that worked out. Keep him where we need him, right here, otherwise we may lose the best state in the union. Always has and always will be too. God bless Ronnie D and FL!
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:52:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yeah, only 20 grand worth of votes and "Florida Man found passed out in a puddle of his own vomit, in a Dade County hotel room with an OD'ed male hooker" would have been governor.  Yuck!
View Quote

I was prepared to move, I mean I was actually over in AL looking at rental properties and land for sale. Push came to shove, my family owns land in LA and I was going to put a large Airstream on it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 1:19:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Not me, not a day goes by that I don’t thank God he’s my governor! My business takes me out west to the mountains around Tahoe for a few months a year in the summer, a good friend in Reno tells me “you’re in for a rude awakening”. Can’t wait.

ETA:   I’m really not liking this push for DeSantis Trump 2024. We need him to stay right here in Florida, he’ll be wasted in that giant turd called dc, Trump had 4 years and look how that worked out. Keep him where we need him, right here, otherwise we may lose the best state in the union. Always has and always will be too. God bless Ronnie D and FL!
View Quote

Totally agree with all that. If anything, Trump should be HIS running mate.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 2:38:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

DeSantis already served in the cesspool that is DC as a Congressman
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 7:20:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, DeSantis is out anyway in 2026 due to term limits.  So we would only be losing the last 2 years of his term if he wins the presidency.

The Dems are making him their #1 priority in 2022.  The Florida governor race will likely be the most expensive in history, perhaps by a factor of 10.  The Dems realize if they defeat Desantis in 2022, he is done.  

It is very for important for us conservatives and Republicans to stay united in 2022 behind both DeSantis and Rubio in his Senate election.  Rubio isn't perfect, but we CANNOT split the party between the very conservative and mostly conservative wings.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 7:21:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.  This is why it is really important to keep voting.  Most of the polls showed DeSantis losing, but he pulled out a narrow win, in a year that was otherwise bad for the GOP.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:58:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Well, DeSantis is out anyway in 2026 due to term limits.  So we would only be losing the last 2 years of his term if he wins the presidency.

The Dems are making him their #1 priority in 2022.  The Florida governor race will likely be the most expensive in history, perhaps by a factor of 10.  The Dems realize if they defeat Desantis in 2022, he is done.  

It is very for important for us conservatives and Republicans to stay united in 2022 behind both DeSantis and Rubio in his Senate election.  Rubio isn't perfect, but we CANNOT split the party between the very conservative and mostly conservative wings.
View Quote

When he's not actively helping our gun grabbing enemies by constantly filing no due process, secret hearings with a rubber stamping judge, red-flag confiscation laws, Rubio is as worthless as rubber with a hole in it.

Is he better than some leftist would be?  Yes, but that's pretty faint praise.  Democrats don't have to choose between some do-nothing and a Republican when they vote for someone.  Any Democrat elected, with the exception of Manchin who's a vestige of a different era, delivers on what they say they will do, and then some, as they end up voting far more leftist than what they claim they will do.

We're happy if our elected guys don't completely go over to the other side.

Problem is, unlike the do-nothing Republican party, that once in power claims 29 reasons why they can't possibly do anything that they ran on (so there's really no horrible time for leftists - they just don't get as much of what they want for a few years), if Democrats ever get in power they dramatically change things to the left.

So, as people who actually have conservatives values (there's no evidence that Rubio does - he'd run as a Democrat if he was from Virginia instead of Florida) are faced with two choices.  Vote for some do nothing like Rubio who only occasionally votes against you, or some leftist who always will.  And we wonder why the Democrat party is more successful than the Republican one?

Link Posted: 5/5/2021 8:28:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

When he's not actively helping our gun grabbing enemies by constantly filing no due process, secret hearings with a rubber stamping judge, red-flag confiscation laws, Rubio is as worthless as rubber with a hole in it....

View Quote

Rubio should be an easy win for us in 2022.  We can't afford a primary race since that would not only instantly turn the seat to "toss-up" status, but also split the moderate and conservative wings of the party.   The former is important, since the GOP needs to spend resources defending 5 seats with retiring Senators, and trying to flip several D seats.  The latter is important since we must stay unified and re-elect DeSantis as governor.  No higher priority, and anything that gets in the way is a losing strategy.

As for your assertion that the dems are doing everything and the GOP nothing, I disagree. What is getting done is largely via executive orders.  DeSantis can overturn those on day one.  However, we need judges that allow him to do that.  Remember, John Roberts had an effective veto over ANYTHING Trump did for 45 out of 48 months in his presidency.  To have good judges and keep bad ones out, we need to retake the Senate and that means re-electing folks like Rubio, Collins, etc...

Legislatively, the dems have done very little.  They got their COVID "stimulus" bill, but may regret it once people see the runaway inflation it causes.  They can't even pass minimum wage in the Senate.  They don't even have 50 votes for the gun control the House passed.  And they aren't even gong to be able to pass Uncle Joe's tax increase in the House without major changes.  20 House Dems have said "no" unless they reinstate state and local tax deductions (i.e. a real tax cut for the rich).  Senate dems have said "too much" to the infrastructure bill.  And their "tax by the mile" plan lasted about 2 days.

Link Posted: 5/8/2021 10:34:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I’m afraid of the double edged sword this brings. On one hand our state is doing well. One the other hand our state doing well is bringing people from other states not doing so well here. They will eventually vote and they will vote out the whole reason we are doing so well
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:03:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I’m afraid of the double edged sword this brings. On one hand our state is doing well. One the other hand our state doing well is bringing people from other states not doing so well here. They will eventually vote and they will vote out the whole reason we are doing so well
View Quote

My state sucks and is only getting worse so I moved to Florida. I can assure you I’ll not be voting for Colorado type idiocy here.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:46:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Rubio should be an easy win for us in 2022.  We can't afford a primary race since that would not only instantly turn the seat to "toss-up" status, but also split the moderate and conservative wings of the party.   The former is important, since the GOP needs to spend resources defending 5 seats with retiring Senators, and trying to flip several D seats.  The latter is important since we must stay unified and re-elect DeSantis as governor.  No higher priority, and anything that gets in the way is a losing strategy.

As for your assertion that the dems are doing everything and the GOP nothing, I disagree. What is getting done is largely via executive orders.  DeSantis can overturn those on day one.  However, we need judges that allow him to do that.  Remember, John Roberts had an effective veto over ANYTHING Trump did for 45 out of 48 months in his presidency.  To have good judges and keep bad ones out, we need to retake the Senate and that means re-electing folks like Rubio, Collins, etc...

Legislatively, the dems have done very little.  They got their COVID "stimulus" bill, but may regret it once people see the runaway inflation it causes.  They can't even pass minimum wage in the Senate.  They don't even have 50 votes for the gun control the House passed.  And they aren't even gong to be able to pass Uncle Joe's tax increase in the House without major changes.  20 House Dems have said "no" unless they reinstate state and local tax deductions (i.e. a real tax cut for the rich).  Senate dems have said "too much" to the infrastructure bill.  And their "tax by the mile" plan lasted about 2 days.

View Quote

A win for Us!  
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 2:58:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I believe the new influx of transients is sick and tired of blue policies and will vote red in FL.   They left in droves to escape the bullshit.  Makes no sense to turn their haven into the POS they left.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 8:40:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

A win for Us!  
View Quote

Here is reality, like it or not.

Rubio voted with Trump 98% of the time.  

We need every "R" Senate seat we can get to 1) stop Biden's nominees, and 2) confirm DeSantis's nominees in 2025.

How "successful" do you think DeSantis or any conservative president will be if they can't get their top nominees confirmed by a Democrat Senate???
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 10:41:32 AM EDT
[#16]
The Republican's in the Senate have stopped how many of Slow Joe's nominees?  Maybe one?  From Collins / Mittens / Daddy Governor's Senator Lisa, there's always one of them to push the vote over the top.

If they needed more, they'd get more, the Republicans trade off on who needs to vote for them, to keep too much blame coming to any one in particular of the three.

In any case, who's the nominee of a Federal department doesn't matter - it's not like the rest of that department are there to faithfully carry out the directives of the elected president, if that's a Republican.  The Federal bureaucracy is completely run by Democrats.  They could have no appointed positions filled and they'd still churn out the same leftist polices.  The utter abdication of any semblance of control of the career bureaucrats, in both the Bush and Trump administrations, will make control of the Federal government virtually impossible, even if by rare events the media / entertainment / court complex can't prevent a Republican from somehow being elected.  

Besides judges, the Senate slow, slow walked many of Trump's nominees, and McConnel would not even consider many of the names Trump and his people initially suggested.  He was hobbled through his term by both McConnel and wonder boy Paul Ryan.  

Next you'll tell us we need to vote for Burr the Senator from NC, that voted to impeach Trump, as we can't possibly do better than him and even a primary race would be horrible to Republican chances.  

Link Posted: 5/10/2021 8:37:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The Republican's in the Senate have stopped how many of Slow Joe's nominees?  Maybe one?  From Collins / Mittens / Daddy Governor's Senator Lisa, there's always one of them to push the vote over the top.

If they needed more, they'd get more, the Republicans trade off on who needs to vote for them, to keep too much blame coming to any one in particular of the three.

In any case, who's the nominee of a Federal department doesn't matter - it's not like the rest of that department are there to faithfully carry out the directives of the elected president, if that's a Republican.  The Federal bureaucracy is completely run by Democrats.  They could have no appointed positions filled and they'd still churn out the same leftist polices.  The utter abdication of any semblance of control of the career bureaucrats, in both the Bush and Trump administrations, will make control of the Federal government virtually impossible, even if by rare events the media / entertainment / court complex can't prevent a Republican from somehow being elected.  

Besides judges, the Senate slow, slow walked many of Trump's nominees, and McConnel would not even consider many of the names Trump and his people initially suggested.  He was hobbled through his term by both McConnel and wonder boy Paul Ryan.  

Next you'll tell us we need to vote for Burr the Senator from NC, that voted to impeach Trump, as we can't possibly do better than him and even a primary race would be horrible to Republican chances.  

View Quote

Ughhh.. don't know where to start here....  First of all 51 is more than 50.  The Republicans have 50 Senators, the Dems have effectively 51 because VP Harris breaks the votes.  The GOP is UNABLE to block ANY of Biden's nominees.  This is why those 2 GA Senate seats, and McSally in AZ, etc., were so important.  But not as important as "teaching the GOP a lesson" to some folks here..

The last time they had the ability to block nominees was in 2015 and 2016.  Perhaps you will recall they held open Scalia's seat.  McConnel did so with only 54 Senators, which included Collins, Murkoskwi, Flake, McCain, Burr and others that aren't as conservative as we would all like.  They also successfully blocked Obama from appointing radical left judges to at the circuit and district court levels, which is why Trump had so many picks when inaugurated.

Agree 100% on the bureaucracy.  Trump had an executive order which made it easier to fire them, which went into effect on..... January 21, 2021.  A future conservative president should learn from that mistake and get the ball rolling on day one.

Burr is retiring.  I am glad, since NC can do much better.  Having said that, better Burr in that seat than a Dem.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 10:00:29 PM EDT
[#18]
McSally was the Az establishment pick.  So loved for her resume as an Air Force pilot they picked her to fill McShitStains seat, a few days after she lost a very winnable race in 18.  Which she then also lost.   Don’t blame anyone but the AZ GOP movers and shakers for that disaster.  

Have all 50 Republicans even voted against a Slow Joe nominee once?   Every time I’ve heard about a vote, at least one of the 3 has voted for the nominee.

Glad to hear Burr is retiring. He sold his stocks in Jan last year after a classified briefing about how bad the virus was going to be.  Turd, best flushed down the sewer.  

Trump had four years to improve the executive branch, of which supposedly he was in control of.  It’s worse now than when he was was elected.  Huge failure on his part not to control his own branch, but he never could get good people to either work for him, or get confirmed due to slow walking on everyone except judges.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 2:16:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I believe the new influx of transients is sick and tired of blue policies and will vote red in FL.   They left in droves to escape the bullshit.  Makes no sense to turn their haven into the POS they left.
View Quote

It's never made any sense to do that, but it hasn't stopped them from engaging in exactly that type of behavior for decades now.

The real test, in my opinion, will be the next at-bat we get at the polls... perhaps things have finally swung far enough left that anyone who isn't borderline ANTIFA already, has said "wait a minute, enough of this shit!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top