User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 2:31:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Harlikwin] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By soncorn:
Impact of just released SCOTUS ruling?

Seems they’ll have to allow carry of some sort in all places not sensitive.
View Quote

It might be a good thing in terms of challenging outright AW bans as they are doing. As well CCW stuff. But I'm no lawyer. But the whole historical basis might be a good thing for AW's at least as they have been legal basically forever in CO until boulder tried banning them in the last year.

Link Posted: 6/30/2022 7:32:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Any thoughts on how the new SCOTUS case is gonna impact this. I Assume people will have to sue the cities and get the ball rolling.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 8:08:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Harlikwin:
Any thoughts on how the new SCOTUS case is gonna impact this. I Assume people will have to sue the cities and get the ball rolling.
View Quote

Hopefully, it gives the cities that are in the queue to follow boulderia, et al a reason to put their nannyist histrionics on pause.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:55:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Harlikwin:
View Quote

Probably going to have to sue every single time.  They won't stop until they start paying huge settlements and going to prison for enforcing unconstitutional laws.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 12:13:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By jordanmills:

Probably going to have to sue every single time.  They won't stop until they start paying huge settlements and going to prison for enforcing unconstitutional laws.
View Quote

How likely is that though? Settlements I guess I could see? Maybe? No karen is going to prison over this IMO.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 10:13:59 AM EDT
[#6]
The SCOTUS case may impact the mag ban too. After the Bruen ruling, they remanded two cases challenging the CA and NJ mag bans back to the lower courts, which basically means they're telling the lower courts to re-decide those cases in light of the Bruen ruling. If those get overturned, CO shouldn't be too far behind.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 1:08:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: uncle_big_green] [#7]
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 11:09:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Boulderia County update.

Claire Levy is a bad person.  She was the state rep when I lived in S. Boulderia around 15 yrs. ago.  She is also friends with the McTheivens (McLean and Stevens) if you remember that story.  The McTheivens stole their part of their neighbor's lot via adverse possession so that the lot couldn't have a house built on it.  FCL and the rest, and FRMGO.

https://kdvr.com/news/local/boulder-county-gun-restrictions-proposal-gets-initial-approval/
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 8:05:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By uncle_big_green:
Boulderia County update.

Claire Levy is a bad person.  She was the state rep when I lived in S. Boulderia around 15 yrs. ago.  She is also friends with the McTheivens (McLean and Stevens) if you remember that story.  The McTheivens stole their part of their neighbor's lot via adverse possession so that the lot couldn't have a house built on it.  FCL and the rest, and FRMGO.

https://kdvr.com/news/local/boulder-county-gun-restrictions-proposal-gets-initial-approval/
View Quote

I really hate these people.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 1:01:10 AM EDT
[#10]
RMGO is suing Superior for their mag ban and AWB.  

Rocky Mountain Gun Owners Files Lawsuit Against Town of Superior
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 1:48:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Kalmah:

View Quote

I'm no fan of Dudley, but I hope they obliterate Superior.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 3:18:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By The_Fly:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kalmah:

Agreed
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 9:28:48 PM EDT
[#13]
We need a lawsuit against the state for the magazine limit.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 5:41:53 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Well they fucked us when they lost the mag ban case.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 8:10:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 10:20:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Boulderia County. LOL. "We DGAF about rights and the Constitution."

https://kdvr.com/news/local/unincorporated-boulder-county-gun-measures/
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 9:44:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: waz0wski] [#17]
CASE REASSIGNED pursuant to the filing of 9 MOTION for Temporary Restraining Order . This case is randomly reassigned to Judge Nina Y. Wang
View Quote

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/64453331/v-gates/

The case about the CO mag capacity law (Gates v. Polis ) was "randomly" reassigned from a long-time, moderately 2A friendly judge to a Biden-nominated, recently appointed judge

Not sure what to make of her responses to questions  [PDF] about interpretation of "intent of law" or the validity of injunctions

Link Posted: Today 8:53:40 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm waiting for the political power to shift.  

Most people who flocked the the clot shot are lefties.  They'll cross the Styx before the unclotted are.  Give it a couple of years.  

BTW, met Nick Mattorano in Las Animas County.  He's running for sheriff and is very pro-2A and has read Sheriff Richard Mack's book and believes in Constitutional Sheriffs.  If you live in Las Animas, please consider him.

When Boulder and Denver lose their voting block/power, then the state can shift back to normal.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top