Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2018 9:20:44 PM EDT
But I'm a noob. Beretta 92FS bought the day the current AWB went in to effect because it had a 15 round magazine. As luck would have it, it was made in 91. So I just need to buy a threaded barrel and a suppressor. Looking for recommendations on a suppressor and a little guidance on the process. Considering an AAC Ti-Rant based on price and remembering hearing a few people speak favorably of it.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 9:33:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
But I'm a noob. Beretta 92FS bought the day the current AWB went in to effect because it had a 15 round magazine. As luck would have it, it was made in 91. So I just need to buy a threaded barrel and a suppressor. Looking for recommendations on a suppressor and a little guidance on the process. Considering an AAC Ti-Rant based on price and remembering hearing a few people speak favorably of it.
View Quote
Well.... It has an open slide which really sucks when you suppress a pistol! A lot of blowback directly in your face and directed at your eyes! Like chunks of cracked black pepper thrown at your face in high velocity. I suppressed a Beretta 71 ( a .22 ) and i hated it- sold it a few days later! Some people maysay its great but I would not be one of them many better pistols to suppress!
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 9:38:25 PM EDT
[#2]
And while we're at it, is there a can that will thread directly on to my Bushmaster XM15?
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 9:43:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And while we're at it, is there a can that will thread directly on to my Bushmaster XM15?
View Quote
there must be...........we are in the 21 first century
and being thate we are soooooooooooooooo advanced, why would you want direct thread
unless you be trolling in which case......carry on
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 9:49:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
and being thate we are soooooooooooooooo advanced, why would you want direct thread
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Only simplicity. Remove the flash suppressor, screw on the can. Unless someone makes a can that will mount to the stock Bushmaster flash suppressor. As I said, I'm a noob.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 10:28:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Only simplicity. Remove the flash suppressor, screw on the can. Unless someone makes a can that will mount to the stock Bushmaster flash suppressor. As I said, I'm a noob.
View Quote
There are direct thread can mounts available - you will have to investigate the pros and cons of direct thread vs quick mount options! There are pros and cons to both
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 11:24:57 PM EDT
[#6]
There is enough barrel sticking out you can just have the original barrel threaded.

That being said I did find a factory Beretta threaded barrel and bought it to suppress my 92.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 10:18:59 AM EDT
[#7]
direct thread on ar - you will have to constantly re tighten the can
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 10:41:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
direct thread on ar - you will have to constantly re tighten the can
View Quote
Depends on the thread direction.....
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 12:37:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Depends on the thread direction.....
View Quote
I don't get what you are saying- every can I have that has direct thread always has to be retightened . They all loosen, even 22. It's not a big deal but I think they qd system is  best
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 3:01:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Maybe he means left or right hand.

But the temp swings probably does it
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 3:30:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I say go for it. this is my 92FS that i had cerakoted to look like an M93A. Threaded of course.
This is the gun with a tirant 45 with a 9mm piston. Also an AWC Systems direct thread suppressor for 223.
Its an older 223 suppressor cause the newer ones are flash hider or brake mount mostly. It is heavy
compared to newer ones but i use it mainly on my PS90. Have fun good luck.

Link Posted: 11/11/2018 4:43:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Maybe he means left or right hand.

But the temp swings probably does it
View Quote
Mike Tros says not to inter mix right and left with adapters...
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 4:44:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I say go for it. this is my 92FS that i had cerakoted to look like an M93A. Threaded of course.
This is the gun with a tirant 45 with a 9mm piston. Also an AWC Systems direct thread suppressor for 223.
Its an older 223 suppressor cause the newer ones are flash hider or brake mount mostly. It is heavy
compared to newer ones but i use it mainly on my PS90. Have fun good luck.
https://i.imgur.com/dR8Oyay.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/2VH7mgr.jpg
View Quote
Do you experience blowback in your face?
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:05:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
There is enough barrel sticking out you can just have the original barrel threaded.

That being said I did find a factory Beretta threaded barrel and bought it to suppress my 92.
View Quote
Patiently waiting for one to pop up on the EE
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 10:24:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Do you experience blowback in your face?
View Quote
Only when eating out from the back...
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 8:43:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I don't get what you are saying- every can I have that has direct thread always has to be retightened . They all loosen, even 22. It's not a big deal but I think they qd system is  best
View Quote
All my cans, sans the integrals, are DT.
I've never had a rimfire or pistol suppressor loosen while shooting and I shoot almost 100% suppressed.
For rifles, I apply 1 wrap of High Density Teflon Tape and they've never come loose.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top