Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2017 1:44:52 PM EDT
Anyone have anything to say about Chester? Just visited about a month ago and seemed like a great town. Do you think the town could support or need a small tire store? Doesn't seem like there are many around those parts. Also, are there any good places to shoot or recommend a good range?
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 11:27:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I used to live in Derry, which is a town over. I'm actually shooting a USPSA match at Chester Rod and Gun Club on Sunday. It's a pretty nice facility, with action bays and an indoor pistol range, longer outdoor range (200yd?) with steel, and shotgun/archery stuff.

I can't answer your business question as I mainly just drove through Chester on my way to work, I never really spent time in town. I know the surrounding towns have oil change/tire places (Derry ~10-15min away, Raymond ~10-15min away, Epping ~20min away).

Taxes aren't too bad actually, by NH standards. I believe Chester kids get to go to Pinkerton in Derry.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 12:12:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info. I'll check out their website.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 4:11:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I used to live in Derry, which is a town over. I'm actually shooting a USPSA match at Chester Rod and Gun Club on Sunday. It's a pretty nice facility, with action bays and an indoor pistol range, longer outdoor range (200yd?) with steel, and shotgun/archery stuff.

I can't answer your business question as I mainly just drove through Chester on my way to work, I never really spent time in town. I know the surrounding towns have oil change/tire places (Derry ~10-15min away, Raymond ~10-15min away, Epping ~20min away).

Taxes aren't too bad actually, by NH standards. I believe Chester kids get to go to Pinkerton in Derry.
View Quote
I'm a member at Chester - good club IMHO
the outdoor rifle range is 150 yds, outdoor pistol range is 50 yds.
To use the action bays, which is the only area you can draw from the holster, you have to show your ability to do it safely with one of the range officers.
during the summer, they have USPSA/Steel Challenge practice sessions on Tuesday evenings, open to the public.
Don't know much about the shotgun or archery stuff.
Also shooting the match on Sunday.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 2:58:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I know this is an old thread but be careful of the politics in Chester. Mostly a good ole boys club.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 6:39:51 PM EDT
[#5]
We actually just bought a home there and will be moving in March. Seems like a pretty tight knit community so I believe it. Any details? Also looked into Chester Rod and Gun Club. Seems like a lot of hoops to jump through to join. Looks nice though. I'd really like to get into the woods and shoot, safely of course. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 1:15:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Congratuations and welcome to NH!
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 7:19:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
We actually just bought a home there and will be moving in March. Seems like a pretty tight knit community so I believe it. Any details? Also looked into Chester Rod and Gun Club. Seems like a lot of hoops to jump through to join. Looks nice though. I'd really like to get into the woods and shoot, safely of course. Thanks for the info.
View Quote
I moved out of Chester three years ago. It seems the selectmen watch out for their own interests before the town. Knew an acquaintance who was a selectmen and they could not wait to get off the board. Probably the same in most small towns. Welcome to NH!
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 7:03:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Congratuations and welcome to NH!
View Quote
Thanks. Really looking forward to the adventure. Already researching log splitters, snow blowers, and a new chain saw. By the looks of the latest weather, perhaps some warmer clothing. Ariens log splitter, Ariens snow blower, and Stihl or Husqvarna chainsaw?
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 8:38:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thanks. Really looking forward to the adventure. Already researching log splitters, snow blowers, and a new chain saw. By the looks of the latest weather, perhaps some warmer clothing. Ariens log splitter, Ariens snow blower, and Stihl or Husqvarna chainsaw?
View Quote
I can’t comment on the splitter or the chainsaw but I can tell you this; Whatever size snowblower the salesman recommends to you, GO ONE OR TWO SIZES BIGGER!, Trust me on this.  Buy once, cry once.
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 9:06:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Ariens snowblower (300cc+), Stihl Chainsaw (>30cc), any log splitter with a Suburu or good US engine and quality hydraulic pump.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 8:25:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for reply. I ended up buying a Husqvarna 562XP. Debated back and forth on it or the 362cm Stihl. Ariens will probably be what I go with. I like the Honda snow blowers but they are spendy. I'm really eye balling a kinetic log splitter. Super Splitter makes a great one but also want a pretty penny for them.

Now really researching sub-compact tractors. Looking at a John Deere 1025r or might step up to a 2032r/2038r for the extra power for PTO attachments. Again, they ain't cheap. The financing on them is great though. 60-84 months 0% financing is a no brainer.

Really like living in Chester so far.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 2:40:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Glad you made it to NH!
Asking which chainsaw is better, Husky or Stihl, could get you involved in one hell of a argument! That question is as controversial as beans/no beans, 9 vs .45, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top