Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2018 8:44:58 PM EDT
Last time I was up in Chattanooga, we ate at Bluewater/Big River/whichever is the one that brews their own beers, City Cafe, and Community Pie.

We’ve also been hiking up at Rock City.

What else is there to do besides not getting mugged? Any other good eats around town?
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 8:53:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Provino's for some decent eye-talian. Not great, but for around here, not bad.

There's a "seafood" place down on the river, not far from UT-C. Can't recall the name but they're well known. Nice view on the river, food isn't bad.

Corner Café or some such up on Lookout Mtn. Good biscuits & gravy. Nice stop on the way to the Incline & Pointe Park.

There's a boatload of non-chain places across the river from downtown that're supposed to be good. I can't afford to eat at them though......  

What else do ya need?  
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 9:01:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Provino's for some decent eye-talian. Not great, but for around here, not bad.

There's a "seafood" place down on the river, not far from UT-C. Can't recall the name but they're well known. Nice view on the river, food isn't bad.

Corner Café or some such up on Lookout Mtn. Good biscuits & gravy. Nice stop on the way to the Incline & Pointe Park.

There's a boatload of non-chain places across the river from downtown that're supposed to be good. I can't afford to eat at them though......  

What else do ya need?  
View Quote
The Boathouse

Ask for a table out on the back porch so you watch the river and the runners/cyclists on the greenway.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 10:38:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The Boathouse

Ask for a table out on the back porch so you watch the river and the runners/cyclists on the greenway.
View Quote
And freeze yer ass off like John & I did!  
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 5:30:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Champy's fried chicken ( there are 2 locations), The Terminal (next to the Choo-Choo), & NoogaQ are 3 of my favorite eats in Chattanooga.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 7:19:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 11:06:17 PM EDT
[#6]
The Feed Co Table and Tavern on the southside is one of my current favorites. The hot tamales at Campy’s are pretty good imo. Scotty’s on the river is a new place that is not too bad

Stir near the Choo Choo is ok but they have very nice Bourbon selection.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 12:41:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The Feed Co Table and Tavern on the southside is one of my current favorites. The hot tamales at Campy’s are pretty good imo. Scotty’s on the river is a new place that is not too bad

Stir near the Choo Choo is ok but they have very nice Bourbon selection.
View Quote
You’ve piqued my interest. What is Stir?
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:20:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You’ve piqued my interest. What is Stir?
View Quote
Just sort of a hipster kind of place.

Went there for "brunch" one day.

Food was ok but pricey.

They did have a impressive liquor selection though.

Stir

Internet photo

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 8:04:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Is there much to do in Chattanooga this weekend through Tuesday?
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 9:24:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Gun show Sat & Sun. Camp Jordan, exit 1 off I-75.  
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 9:37:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dang, I’m just going to miss it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 12:30:20 PM EDT
[#12]
How is the food at the Choo Choo now?  Last time I ate there in..........dam it was 78.......it was great.  Expensive, but really good.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 12:33:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Aquarium is neat.  My kids loved it.  Even the wife liked it.  Does Lodge Iron Works have and exhibit of their pans they make?  If so a lady might like it if she likes to cook with good cast iron.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 12:34:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
How is the food at the Choo Choo now?  Last time I ate there in..........dam it was 78.......it was great.  Expensive, but really good.
View Quote
The Choo Choo has gone downhill, the owners failed to maintain the property very well, and then decided to convert all of the non-train car rooms to apartments.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 10:45:22 PM EDT
[#15]
City Cafe was great. Got a slice of peanut butter cake to go. And yea, that’s a standard to go box.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 1:01:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
City Cafe was great. Got a slice of peanut butter cake to go. And yea, that’s a standard to go box.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/399736/1A3CB580-C070-4D10-BB9B-5061E99DC5DF_jpeg-737203.JPG
View Quote
But that is not enough for EVERYBODY!  Remember what your teacher always said.  Always bring enough for EVERYBODY!   LOL

Now you nut allergic MF'ers, TOUGH $*&!  We will take care of yours.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top