Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2022 8:39:53 AM EDT
Coming to SA for a weekend in Sept for the Rammstein concert.  Gonna be there getting there friday and leaving monday.

Anything thing worth seeing?

Any places worth eating at?

Anything I need to know?
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 10:29:32 AM EDT
[#1]
The Alamo
Riverwalk boat tour (I liked it and found it interesting anyway)
Mi Tierra (I liked it)

Buc-ee's in New Braunfels (If you've never been to one)
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 10:43:34 AM EDT
[#2]
To see: The Alamo has already been listed. The Mission Trail. A day trip to Fredericksburg if you have time. For shopping/restaurants you can check out The Pearl.

Food: Mi Tierra has already been listed.  For breakfast try The Guenther House.  It’s in an old house on the grounds of the Pioneer Flour Mill. The house has beautiful grounds and the river runs by it.  Get an outdoor table if the weather is nice.  Schilo’s German Restraunt (German food and deli items) in downtown.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 1:04:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Ride a little east and go eat at Burnt Bean in Seguin
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 3:15:09 PM EDT
[#4]
In the San Antonio area:

Gruene TX is worth visiting - The Gristmill Restaurant has decent food (and a nice view of the Guadalupe River), and the Gruene Dancehall (located next door) often has good live music. (ZZ Top shot a couple of "live" videos there).

There are also some interesting (albeit tourist-heavy) shops in the surrounding several blocks.

The town of Gruene intersects with River Road, which follows the Guadalupe River through some great country - makes a nice afternoon drive.

Floore's Country Store in Helotes (just Northwest of San Antonio) often has good entertainment in a small venue.

The Missions of San Antonio are interesting - They're scattered throughout the southern side of the city, mostly located along the old San Antonio River.

I would suggest avoiding the Tower Of The Americas - The admissions price has been raised to over 20 bucks apiece (just to ride the elevator to the top), and the tower restaurant serves pricey, mediocre food.

Other good food in the area:

Taco Taco
Panchito's (Great for breakfast!)
Chris Madrid's - Good burgers
225 Urban Smoke Barbecue - Excellent BBQ.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 5:11:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I like to eat Schilo's for breakfast if I'm nearby. https://schilos.com/

We ate at Little Red Barn last year. Food was good. It's the waitresses there and the atmosphere. Cattle brands on the walls from all over Texas. The waitresses wear skirts and boots, sometimes hats, very 1960's. Not fancy, casual family dining. https://lrbsteakhouse.com/

We've been going down for business every year and I'm all about NOT GIVING A FUCK about anything related to the Riverwalk. Yeah, there's Mexican food and margaritas, they are expensive and on par with just about every other Mexican restaurant you ever ate at. Seriously, you're getting the same shit you'll get at the Mexican restaurant back home. It's hot in August and those friggin Mariachi's drive me nuts. Loud and annoying. If you've never been, go once, and you'll be done.

We try to find places out of the way. We had an airbnb near the hemisfair area so we could drive around a bit. I ended up having a business dinner at Rosario's on Alamo St. It was ok, but expensive, parking sucked. Supposedly they were changing locations. It ended up being a pain in the ass too.

There's also a little dive place we go to called Bud Jones. Nothing fancy, basically diner type food, but we always leave full.

Link Posted: 8/2/2022 1:44:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys.  Kinda wish I could stay longer monday, might call delta to see what options I have lol.  Seems like a lot to see/do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top