Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2021 8:15:01 PM EDT
End of the month we're heading to the UP. Staying overnight in green bay on the way there and the way home to break up the trip

Last time we were there we stopped at a bakery called not by bread alone (fantastic) and took my son (5) to the train museum

Looking for 1 or 2 good dinner spots and maybe something to do before we head all the way home

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:54:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Grab a kringle or 3 at Uncle Mike's Bake Shoppe. Not a restaurant recommendation(they're a breakfast pastry), they're just so damn tasty.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 11:44:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
End of the month we're heading to the UP. Staying overnight in green bay on the way there and the way home to break up the trip

Last time we were there we stopped at a bakery called not by bread alone (fantastic) and took my son (5) to the train museum

Looking for 1 or 2 good dinner spots and maybe something to do before we head all the way home

Thanks!
View Quote
A lot of good dinner spots around here but I'm partial to Prime Quarter where you grill your own steak. Not necessarily the best food, it's good, but I just like hanging out at the grill drinking whiskey and eating Texas Toast while grilling my steak. It's more about the atmosphere for me.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:42:53 PM EDT
[#3]
What sort of things are you interested in and what types of food do you like?  There's plenty to do and a lot of good restaurants in the area, so it's hard to give advice without more info.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 8:26:33 AM EDT
[#4]
If you are looking for a good old fashioned supper club, I can recommend Wally's Spot on the east side of Green Bay on Main St.
It's been a while, but the last time I was there the food was very good.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 5:47:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Bay Beach amusement park and wildlife sanctuary right off I43 come to mind.
The Neville public museum is a good bet also. Titletown Brewing is right across the street and always had good food.

Before I moved to the up north area Saint Brendan's Inn (downtown Green Bay) always had good food and had a great unique feel.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 1:06:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bay Beach amusement park and wildlife sanctuary right off I43 come to mind.
The Neville public museum is a good bet also. Titletown Brewing is right across the street and always had good food.

Before I moved to the up north area Saint Brendan's Inn (downtown Green Bay) always had good food and had a great unique feel.
View Quote

The wildlife sanctuary got my attention. Is it cool? My boy just turned 5 so I need something to entertain him and wear him out a bit
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 11:31:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The wildlife sanctuary got my attention. Is it cool? My boy just turned 5 so I need something to entertain him and wear him out a bit
View Quote

chase the goose !
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 9:52:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

chase the goose !
View Quote

They'll chase back!
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 8:53:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

chase the goose !
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

chase the goose !

Yes, the animal sanctuary is good. We took my three year old there and he loved it. Lots to see, it's easy to run off some energy there. He'll love the duck blind.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top