Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2023 5:34:32 AM EDT
Hello all.
I will be in your great state for 7 weeks for work around Hinesville starting the 20th of May.  I am checking in to see if there are any good food or shops, places to see while I am here and places to avoid.  
I also wanted to see about conceal carrying here and if there is anything I need to know about that.  I believe my permit from KY is valid in GA as well and the laws seem pretty similar from what I can tell.  Thank you all for your time and input
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 9:15:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Well you’re right outside of Ft Stewart. Hinesville is pretty trashy, or at least it was 12 years ago. Savannah is close enough. More to do there. All there really is, or was, to do in Hinesville was go to Walmart. At least go get a sandwich at Baldinos right out of the main gate to Stewart.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:47:08 AM EDT
[#2]
GA is a Constitutional carry state now.

+1 on the previous reply. Hinesville is a military town without strip clubs. Lots of people stayed there after getting out and no shortage of those prey on those still serving.

Plenty to do in Savannah: River Street and Broughton street have food and shopping. There's also Tybee Island if you want to spend some time on the beach.

If you have a day off, go south to Jekyll Island or St. Simons Island, or if you're willing to drive 2 hours there's St. Augustine.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 10:13:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies.  I knew Savanaugh would be a good place to check out.  I will definitely hit up Jekyl island if I can find the time.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 4:50:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
.... There's also Tybee Island if you want to spend some time on the beach.

If you have a day off, go south to Jekyll Island or St. Simons Island, ...
View Quote

I don't go to Tybee anymore. I usually do St Simons or Jekyll. Its about the same drive for me but its cleaner and a less trashy crowd.

FT Stewart has suspended trusted traveler and is 100% ID check/require a pass not that the museum or anything on base is really worth seeing.

Ill try and think of some other things.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 5:07:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh yeah, there's a pretty good mom and pop BBQ shack less than 1/2 mile outside of gate 7.

Map .
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 6:52:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Oh yeah, there's a pretty good mom and pop BBQ shack less than 1/2 mile outside of gate 7.

Map .
View Quote

My phone doesn’t like the link but what is the name of it?? Always looking for good BBQ joints.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 6:56:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I don't go to Tybee anymore. I usually do St Simons or Jekyll. Its about the same drive for me but its cleaner and a less trashy crowd.

FT Stewart has suspended trusted traveler and is 100% ID check/require a pass not that the museum or anything on base is really worth seeing.

View Quote

Thanks for the suggestion.  My wife will be making a small visit in mid June and she liked what she saw for stuff to do at Jekyll. I know she wants to see Savannah while she is in.  If there is any good local spots to visit for a date night or something when she is in please pass them along.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 7:05:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

My phone doesn't like the link but what is the name of it?? Always looking for good BBQ joints.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Map .

My phone doesn't like the link but what is the name of it?? Always looking for good BBQ joints.

Sho Nuff Smokin Good BBQ
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 7:06:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thanks for the suggestion.  My wife will be making a small visit in mid June and she liked what she saw for stuff to do at Jekyll. I know she wants to see Savannah while she is in.  If there is any good local spots to visit for a date night or something when she is in please pass them along.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Check out this place if you go to Jekyll: https://www.jekyllisland.com/activities/georgia-sea-turtle-center/
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 7:04:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 1:46:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Check out this place if you go to Jekyll: https://www.jekyllisland.com/activities/georgia-sea-turtle-center/
View Quote

Heard about that place.  Will try to check it out
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 1:46:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Crystal Beer Parlor in Savannah
View Quote

Saved
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top