Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2023 7:43:07 PM EDT
Will be visiting Virginia Beach for the first time next week. My wife booked an airbnb condo somewhere near the beach. Will be with my wife's brother and mother, who are here for the first time from Europe. We prefer to do and see stuff instead of sitting around inside/ on the beach.

Any cool things to do within an hour radius of Virgina beach?
Any naval/ military museums that are open to the public? Aircraft carriers/ fighter jets? Historical sites?
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 11:39:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to the aviation museum
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:35:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Norfolk nauticus museum has a battle ship

Link Posted: 6/3/2023 12:39:01 PM EDT
[#3]
there is a lot to do sometimes it just depends where you are staying. There is the Aquarium I will admit it is actually cheaper I think to get the membership than to pay for multiple people to get in, theres the botanical gardens, mount trashmore is nice, the norfolk zoo is pretty nice, the boardwalk can be nice depending on the date time group you are visiting. If you are into jiu Jitsu there are several notable clubs in the area, lots of senic drives, the sandbridge beaches are rather nice too, likewise, it isnt hawaii but the surfing is acceptable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top