Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2021 5:49:25 PM EDT
I wanted to post a heads up to everyone in the area. We have had a rash of thievery lately (last few months) where young guys have ridden up to houses on ATV's and stolen things form near the house, lawn mowers, gas cans, etc. I got hit yesterday and they took my deer feeder from the top of our trail in the woods. Since then I spiked my deer stands to the trees with chains. We are pretty remote here, I'm in the hills of Lynnville and the neighbors suspect it's young kids in the area that know the trails. I called the Giles Sheriff's department and made the report. I'm a retired police officer myself but I really don't want to do police work again unless I have to and it looks like I might have to.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:31:25 PM EDT
[#1]
And you're on your own, I'm in Bryson and had similar problems, county no help, only advice on next time.  Dont bother with cops unless you want a spotlight on your own justice. 2 cents and all.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 10:47:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm sorry to hear that. It just seems like northern Giles would be the sort of place you wouldn't want to get caught stealing stuff. Too many places to hide a body.

Link Posted: 5/1/2021 7:36:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I wanted to post a heads up to everyone in the area. We have had a rash of thievery lately (last few months) where young guys have ridden up to houses on ATV's and stolen things form near the house, lawn mowers, gas cans, etc. I got hit yesterday and they took my deer feeder from the top of our trail in the woods. Since then I spiked my deer stands to the trees with chains. We are pretty remote here, I'm in the hills of Lynnville and the neighbors suspect it's young kids in the area that know the trails. I called the Giles Sheriff's department and made the report. I'm a retired police officer myself but I really don't want to do police work again unless I have to and it looks like I might have to.
View Quote

@CRNUMBER

I am a new escapee from VA to your area. I am currently staying in hotels near
Exit 46 off of 65 until I can find a place to rent. I don't think I have a chance at
all of finding any place to buy in this insane market.

I fell in love with Waco & the Yokely area. I hope to find some small tract of land
in that area. Good luck getting those punks stopped !
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 8:37:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm sorry to hear that. It just seems like northern Giles would be the sort of place you wouldn't want to get caught stealing stuff. Too many places to hide a body.

View Quote

That's why we all think it's young kids, no reasoning brains yet. Or it might be meth heads but who would even know to look in the woods there? I'm surrounded by large tracts of property (multiple hundreds of acres) where nobody goes except the Fox hunters, good people. Well someone did apparently so now I have to chain everything up and put up alarms and motion lights. I don't want my dogs to bite them either, I would just rather not deal with that headache. The kids (If it is kids) just need to learn a lesson why it's wrong to steal.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 4:45:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
I fear it's going to get worse before it gets better.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 12:39:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And you're on your own, I'm in Bryson and had similar problems, county no help, only advice on next time.  Dont bother with cops unless you want a spotlight on your own justice. 2 cents and all.
View Quote

Mmmmm MMMM, Corner Pit.  Favorite place for BBQ when I don't want to or it's inconvenient for me to make it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top