Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2022 5:16:45 PM EDT
I just closed on my home in New York yesterday and will be closing on our new home July 26th n South Carolina. See you guys in the free states soon !!
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 5:18:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in the SC upstate... welcome!
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 5:23:04 PM EDT
[#2]
All that money you made In selling your house will go towards weapons lot of weapons

Congrades and never look back
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 5:23:10 PM EDT
[#3]

I am 60 and still in the earliest of stages of drafting my exit plan. Just need my remaining extended family members to decide it is time to go too. Plus not sure where I want to go. Not really a fan of southern heat. New Hampshire or Vermont are more to my liking (weather and geographically).
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 5:41:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm 61 and thought I had waited so long I might as well ride it out.

Today pushed me over.
By the time I would have to renew my license I'll be out.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 7:41:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I got out last summer. The freedom is wonderful!
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 9:29:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm in the SC upstate... welcome!
View Quote

Thank you !
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 9:34:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I am 60 and still in the earliest of stages of drafting my exit plan. Just need my remaining extended family members to decide it is time to go too. Plus not sure where I want to go. Not really a fan of southern heat. New Hampshire or Vermont are more to my liking (weather and geographically).
View Quote

68 here enough is enough I wasn't sure where to go either but figured I had to pick my poison
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 12:55:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I beat feet 7 years ago for the southwest and couldn’t be happier

Almost anywhere is better than NY at this point, maybe even Jersey!

There are plenty of moderate non extreme heat places in the southwest. Here in AZ everyone outside the state equates us to Phoenix ( bake cookies on your dashboard) heat.

We have lots of high country here with much milder weather.

Right now WNY temps mid 70’s, I am in the mid 80’s in AZ with low humidity

Link Posted: 7/3/2022 2:26:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Whats the best way to bring my pews pews to South Carolina? My safe is about 500 lb's empty. Plenty of ammo has to make the trip as well . The moving truck will be here around July 29th so I was wondering if I should leave everything in the safe and let them take the safe along with my ammo. It's a next day delivery by my mover.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 2:51:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The moving truck will be here around July 29th so I was wondering if I should leave everything in the safe and let them take the safe along with my ammo. It's a next day delivery by my mover.

Thanks
View Quote
There was another thread about a similar issue and the problem with the carrier prohibiting firearms and ammunition. That might be the biggest hang up. 99.9% chance there will be no issues but the .1% where there is an accident, hijacking or some other issue with the truck and the carrier denies all claims because of a violation of their terms. Might make sense to take personally with a U-Haul.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 3:05:53 PM EDT
[#11]
@Sdsquad1

See you soon.

FYI. You missed a hell of a primary down here.

Traitor Tom was ousted in his primary. Russell Fry pulled in 51% in a 6-way race.
County Chairman went to a run-off with the Incumbent following far behind the former Chairman. The Incumbent won the runoff by about 150 votes. I guess the others were there to steal votes. Either way, he is more public safety oriented, and the county has improved over the last 4 years. The other tool ran on how great he was to public safety after giving no raises and mass exodus left the Police, Fire/EMS and dispatch short.  Oh, and he used his office to further his business ventures. However, your mayor supported this turd.

Good luck on your escape!

D^2
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 4:41:54 PM EDT
[#12]
My experience is that moving companies consider ammo ( erroneously) hazmat and will not ship it.
I put all my ammo cans on the floor of a rental van ( buy cheap stack deep) and made most of a second layer, and put the rest of what needed to go on top
Then headed out.

To make simple
Ship guns with moving company

Transport ammo yourself
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 9:56:02 PM EDT
[#13]
What I ended up doing was renting a uhaul and hauled my reloading equipment, guns and ammo by myself

I was just a 20 miles in md I went 84 to 81 and down .

I live in coast of nc
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 11:56:29 PM EDT
[#14]
We will miss you pal. Ive got 13 months to go and we are gonna try to leave too. Looking at SC, AL, and TN. NYS is done and only getting worse. My wife and I don’t want our kids getting brain washed in liberal NYS public schools so we are gonna try to flee as soon as possible. Good luck in SC maybe we will see you there someday!  

Link Posted: 7/4/2022 12:41:19 PM EDT
[#15]
6-7 weeks ago my buddy's house sold in 5 days over asking. My house is on for 5 days and only 7-8 people looked so far, have not had an open house yet. His house is in a not so hot area on the water. My house is in a desirable area also on the water. If the buyer of my house comings in with 10% down they mortgage will be nearly 1500 a month more do to interest rate hike from a few weeks ago. I have been battling my wife for two years now and I feel like we totally missed the boat... My building has still not been listed by the realtor yet but not feeling good about that sale either but I can always just rent/lease it out. Good luck OP!!
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:36:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
6-7 weeks ago my buddy's house sold in 5 days over asking. My house is on for 5 days and only 7-8 people looked so far, have not had an open house yet. His house is in a not so hot area on the water. My house is in a desirable area also on the water. If the buyer of my house comings in with 10% down they mortgage will be nearly 1500 a month more do to interest rate hike from a few weeks ago. I have been battling my wife for two years now and I feel like we totally missed the boat... My building has still not been listed by the realtor yet but not feeling good about that sale either but I can always just rent/lease it out. Good luck OP!!
View Quote

I battled my wife for a few years nothing new there they are totally emotional about it . On the other hand you or I could live in a barn with no problem . Anyway I feel we just slid under the wire . I was concerned about the rates but people are still buying out of fear that their interest rates which may be locked for 30 days might expire . I was concerned about the same thing as you and I was on the hook for my new home in South Carolina with a mortgage of about $3,000. I prayed that my house in Rockland County would sell quick , 8 days later and $25,000 over asking it was sold. What a gift to me and my wife and I thank the people that bought our house and hope they enjoy it. The bonus is that we are not going to write a school tax check for $ 8,400 and will use that money to help with the move . I wanted to buy a less expensive house and give my kids some money but I had to roll all the proceeds into the new home. Even in South Carolina Myrtle Beach area the homes are expensive but the tax is super low.

Good luck to you and hope to see you somewhere in a free-state soon !!

What a relief thanks be to god !!
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 8:29:22 AM EDT
[#17]
I was told that 3 bedroom houses in Pawling are actually less than Myrtle Beach now. The market is insane. I expect to see foreclosures down here soon like 2008.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 9:43:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 12:56:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I rented a uhaul that I drove myself with ammo and guns.
View Quote

I bet it was a big truck!

It was cheaper to rent one here and drive it to NY , load it and return than rent one way!
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 1:06:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I battled my wife for a few years nothing new there they are totally emotional about it . On the other hand you or I could live in a barn with no problem . Anyway I feel we just slid under the wire . I was concerned about the rates but people are still buying out of fear that their interest rates which may be locked for 30 days might expire . I was concerned about the same thing as you and I was on the hook for my new home in South Carolina with a mortgage of about $3,000. I prayed that my house in Rockland County would sell quick , 8 days later and $25,000 over asking it was sold. What a gift to me and my wife and I thank the people that bought our house and hope they enjoy it. The bonus is that we are not going to write a school tax check for $ 8,400 and will use that money to help with the move . I wanted to buy a less expensive house and give my kids some money but I had to roll all the proceeds into the new home. Even in South Carolina Myrtle Beach area the homes are expensive but the tax is super low.

Good luck to you and hope to see you somewhere in a free-state soon !!

What a relief thanks be to god !!
View Quote

That worked out for you!! I am in Suffolk county. Yes I could totally live in a barn, roadhouse style!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 11:39:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Thumb nail

Closed on my house in Myrtle Beach Market Common and Dam ! So far so good. Somewhat humid and can get hot and sticky but its worth the sacrifice to get out of New York. Instead of $15,000 property tax i'm paying $1,500. Gas is $3.65 gal and if your into McDonalds 2 breakfast sandwich's two for $5 in New York and here in South Carolina two for $2.39. New PSA right up the road on 17n whats not to like ?  Im looking forward to heading out to the range make some new friends and buying more pew pew !!

PS: Sent the guns in the safe with the movers packed it with blankets and made sure all loose items were removed and packed in my truck. Ammo went in the wife's car stacked in the back with the seats down and covered with clothing and other items.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 3:19:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Congrades …

Yes humidity sucks.. but it’s better than ga or fl .  This will be what my was called winter months the trade off shitty humidity vs down right cold  and snow ….

The trade offs are worth it .. let’s the big apple rot and convince dumbass liberals to more north
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 6:18:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Wonder how much longer the "free state" thing will still apply, with the Nancy and Chuck show in DC trying to shove something down the nations throat
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 6:26:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 7:21:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Doesn't seem like anything is going through the senate this summer and the Dems will probably lose more in the next election.
View Quote
They keep saying that in the MSM and I cannot help but think "false flag" operation. Get the pro-2A side to take a breath and spring it on the Senate with little warning. Just like H.R. 1808 was declared dead and a little over 24 hours later it was passed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top