Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2020 2:19:52 PM EDT
Why do we have to pay to have their mess cleaned up. They made the mess , they should clean it up. https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/crews-work-to-clean-up-homeless-encampment-near-downtown-phoenix  
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 3:42:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Homeless don't want to do any work other than sit on a street corner and beg.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 5:31:29 PM EDT
[#2]
It is terrible.  In my area one local government spends about $60,000 cleaning up after the homeless.  In this area the homeless mostly camp on state land.  The state does not care and will not do anything about it.  Yet, if I am 4 wheeling across state land without a permit and get caught...I would get fined!
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 6:59:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Offer them a bus ticket to California .
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 12:46:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Offer them a bus ticket to California .
View Quote
That is what I keep saying.  But, supposedly that cannot be done anymore.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 6:43:12 AM EDT
[#5]
One of these nice people tried to rip the mirror off of my bus tonight at 1st Avenue and Central. I guess he was just trying to survive. By ripping the mirrors off of vehicles at the stop light. Someone should start a program to help him I guess.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 7:27:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Get them to pay for it.  Sure, just put a Fifteen cent a day tax on them for being a tourist attraction.  They have plenty of money to spare.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top