Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2018 8:04:34 AM EDT
I was told by FDLE yesterday that under this new law a CCW is required for a person to leave same day with an approved NFA item, even silencers! They have already waited about a year in most cases! This is utterly ridiculous. You cannot fire anything out of a silencer without already having a firearm. It is no more lethal than a salt shaker! These idiots who are running the zoo that we once called the Florida Legislature are clueless! They are legislating about things they do not understand, even on the most basic level.

The Gunshine State is falling right before our eyes.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 12:27:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I was told by FDLE yesterday that under this new law a CCW is required for a person to leave same day with an approved NFA item, even silencers! They have already waited about a year in most cases! This is utterly ridiculous. You cannot fire anything out of a silencer without already having a firearm. It is no more lethal than a salt shaker! These idiots who are running the zoo that we once called the Florida Legislature are clueless! They are legislating about things they do not understand, even on the most basic level.

The Gunshine State is falling right before our eyes.
View Quote
My bolding.  They are neither idiots nor clueless.  They are our enemies and they know exactly what they are doing. Just wait for the 3 day waiting period to buy ammunition and other BS.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 10:00:07 PM EDT
[#2]
You are right, but I'd like to think most of them are lemmings simply following the sinister ones off of the cliff.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 10:33:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Unless things have changed,  NFA is exempt from NICS check. The FFL shouldn't be calling FDLE to complete an NFA transfer. I will look for the link at lunch.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 1:04:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unless things have changed,  NFA is exempt from NICS check. The FFL shouldn't be calling FDLE to complete an NFA transfer. I will look for the link at lunch.
View Quote
Depends on whether it was an individual transfer or Trust, LLC, Corp.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 9:37:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Depends on whether it was an individual transfer or Trust, LLC, Corp.
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 10:28:54 PM EDT
[#6]
So, what's this mean to the Gun Show Circuit?
Private Sales?
Primary and vote every single one of them out!
Gov. Scott had no choice but to sign it, ostensibly knowing the NRA would file suit....
Back in 2013 after the Sandy Hook shooting, NY unceremoniously shoved an AW (sic) Ban with all sorts of irrelevant, arbitrary, and capricious attachments right up our asses over a weekend night....it was all planned and staged, just waiting for the moment to execute, and I believe FL just did the same thing.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 10:44:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So, what's this mean to the Gun Show Circuit?
Private Sales?
Primary and vote every single one of them out!
Gov. Scott had no choice but to sign it, ostensibly knowing the NRA would file suit....
Back in 2013 after the Sandy Hook shooting, NY unceremoniously shoved an AW (sic) Ban with all sorts of irrelevant, arbitrary, and capricious attachments right up our asses over a weekend night....it was all planned and staged, just waiting for the moment to execute, and I believe FL just did the same thing.  
View Quote
+1... and gun show may be a fading memory if there are not some exemptions in the legislation.

If things keep going in this direction, in 5 years I can leave FL...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top