Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2019 4:08:18 PM EDT
Just a heads up incase anyone is looking for a steady job. I work for Cemstone (blue ready-mix trucks you all have probably seen around town) and my boss said they're looking to hire more drivers and a couple pump operators.

Class B license required for both, pre-employment drug screen as well as random. Drivers have to join Teamsters and pump operators are 49ers. I think they may also be hiring diesel mechanics too.

I get $750 for a referral bonus if you're hired and stay at least 6 months and I'll split it with you! Pay is good and benefits are really good. IM or email me if you're interested or have questions
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 7:30:29 PM EDT
[#1]
How much lifting is required? Still have my class A but back surgery a year ago limits my lifting. BTW, I live by St. Cloud.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 8:19:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How much lifting is required? Still have my class A but back surgery a year ago limits my lifting. BTW, I live by St. Cloud.
View Quote
I believe 40 pounds is the requirement but the chutes are the heaviest thing we lift. I'd say those are maybe 30 pounds, some are lighter. Drivers need to climb the ladder on the truck 4-8 times a day as well.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 8:35:25 PM EDT
[#3]
So far looks good. Where are the trucks? I used to work for mndot in Plymouth before my 1st surgery. Their 100 lb lifting requirement stopped my from going back. Got a link to check this out?
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 8:39:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So far looks good. Where are the trucks? I used to work for mndot in Plymouth before my 1st surgery. Their 100 lb lifting requirement stopped my from going back. Got a link to check this out?
View Quote
We have plants all over the state as well as Wisconsin and Iowa I believe. I know there's a plant near St Cloud, near Brainard, one in Dayton and one in Elk River. There may be something closer. I live in St Francis (15 miles north of anoka) and commute to St Paul even though theres a plant 7 miles from me. The "metro" plants pay the most per hour.

You should be able to go to Cemstone dot com to apply.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 9:13:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Does the elk river plant need the mechanics?
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 11:09:31 PM EDT
[#6]
What's the prevailing wage range?

Just curious.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 11:24:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Does the elk river plant need the mechanics?
View Quote
I doubt it as there are only a couple trucks and I think they go to the larger Dayton plant when they need repair or DOT. The Dayton plant isnt mych further south from Elk River.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 11:28:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Just curious.
View Quote
As of May 1st this year (its contract year for us) itll be around $32/hr in the metro for drivers which includes any plant in Minneapolis, St Paul, Burnsville and Dayton. The plants on the outskirts of town are a few dollars an hour less. OT after 8, 401k, pension and amazing health/dental/vision insurance.

The pump operators make high 30s but under $40/hr and I'm not sure what mechanics make but it's in the 30s
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 10:03:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
As of May 1st this year (its contract year for us) itll be around $32/hr in the metro for drivers which includes any plant in Minneapolis, St Paul, Burnsville and Dayton. The plants on the outskirts of town are a few dollars an hour less. OT after 8, 401k, pension and amazing health/dental/vision insurance.

The pump operators make high 30s but under $40/hr and I'm not sure what mechanics make but it's in the 30s
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just curious.

Wow.

That's pretty damn decent.

If i wasn't committed to being a masochist, I mean machinist.....I'd put my driving hat back on.

Still have my class A and endorsements after 10 years of being out of a truck.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 1:46:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Wow.

If i wasn't committed to being a masochist, I mean machinist.....I'd put my driving hat back on.

View Quote
Its always good to keep your CDL current for something to fall back on!

Most drivers i work with make $60k-$80k a year with a few over $100k but those guys work as much OT as they can get.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 1:17:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Wow.

View Quote
Committed to machining... But why lol
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 9:34:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.

Because I'm still moving upward in pay and title?

When things change I'll reevaluate.
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 7:05:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Any idea what the plant inspectors make?

Not looking to relocate, just curious if you know by chance.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 8:52:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top