Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:05:48 PM EDT
[#1]
GOA and others are just places for people who hate NRA to send their money and feel good about themselves. They accomplish nothing
View Quote

This statement is wrong. I have demonstrated how. Also, GOA campaigned for 7 pro gun freshman running for state house in November who won their districts in addition to 5 incumbents that maintained their seats in the face of the latest Bloomberg onslaught. I guess none of those are a win because the incremental effort provided by GOA and it's activists is inseperable from other efforts? Is that the argument you are making?

The NRA delivered after Sandy Hook to defeat the UBC bill in Congress. They have also fucked up with mixed or contrary messaging on bumpstocks and red flag laws.

I want to believe you are arguing in good faith but when I hear criticism of both the proposed FPA and the GOA and their efforts to build grass roots activism (in contrast to the NRA's brand of check book activism) I become skeptical. If Renegadex and Dogtown Tom had set out to discourage pro 2a activism I can't see how their words would have been any different from what I've read in this thread.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:14:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Also, GOA campaigned for 7 pro gun freshman running for state house in November who won their districts in addition to 5 incumbents that maintained their seats in the face of the latest Bloomberg onslaught. I guess none of those are a win because the incremental effort provided by GOA and it's activists is inseperable from other efforts?
View Quote

No those are not wins, those are statistics. Like bragging about how many yards your football team rushed for while ignoring the fact you lost the game. So unless those statistics result in legislative wins, who cares how many pro-gun folks won elections...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:34:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Then provide any semblance of proof.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Then provide any semblance of proof.

I'm not here to do that.  I'm not sure it exists in a form that you would accept.  I've shared my personal experiences.  If that's not enough for you, that's OK.  You are free to be unswayed by me sharing my firsthand discussions with legislators.  There's a certain degree of opinion and perspective involved here.  It's possible that we're both correct, but with different caveats and/or assumptions.  Obviously RenagadeX is all about some sort of legislative bill being passed, even though working on legislators to get things proposed and to shape the debate is just as important (if not more important).  The Overton Window is a thing.  Battles are important, but the war is more important, and it's ongoing.

Quoted:

Quoted:

GOA and others are just places for people who hate NRA to send their money and feel good about themselves. They accomplish nothing.

NRA and SAF are the only two organizations that have any successes.

I guess you didn't click on the link above that shows the cases that FPC has pending with SCOTUS?

Instead of trying to tear down these groups that are really doing things (unlike, evidently, NAGR), we should be encouraging people to join and support ALL of them.  The fact that the NRA became so huge and there was no room for any other organizations was a BAD thing.  That's exactly what allowed the corruption that is destroying them right now.  A little friendly competition to keep them honest would have gone a long way towards having healthy non-profit activism!

Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess you didn't click on the link above that shows the cases that FPC has pending with SCOTUS?

You are confusing effort with results.

Quoted:

There you go again.

ar15eric asked “is GOA useless?”

Still avoiding the question and trying to move goalposts from GOA to FPC.

My apologies for addressing your points in what I thought was a conversation.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:48:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My apologies for addressing your points in what I thought was a conversation.
View Quote

The conversation was started by ar15eric and his point was about GOA and whether they were useless or not.

Had nothing to do with me walking the Halls Of Congress, how lobbying works or any of the other diversions you tried.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:03:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The conversation was started by ar15eric and his point was about GOA and whether they were useless or not.

Had nothing to do with me walking the Halls Of Congress, how lobbying works or any of the other diversions you tried.
View Quote

No, the conversation was started by Commando223 posting a video about the Texas Firearms Protection Act.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:07:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No, the conversation was started by Commando223 posting a video about the Texas Firearms Protection Act.  
View Quote

No the thread was started by Commando223 posting a video about the Texas Firearms Protection Act. And like most threads, there were a variety of conversations within it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top