Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2021 10:37:48 PM EDT

From their website:

IMPORTANT NOTICE !!
Mr.Bing passed away Wed. A.M.

Visitation and viewing will be held from 4-9 p.m. on Dec. 29, 2021 at Moutcastle Funeral Home in Dale City, Va.
The funeral mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Dec. 30, 2021 at The Holy Family Catholic Church in Dale City, Va.
WE ARE CLOSING THE BUSINESS
DECEMBER 31st.

Link Posted: 12/24/2021 9:20:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Dam, that sucks.

Are they having a clearance sale?
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 3:24:42 PM EDT
[#2]
One of my favorite places when I lived up that way.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 12:23:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Sad to hear.  I have been going there for twenty years.  It is the only range in the area.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 3:24:08 PM EDT
[#4]
They said to check their Facebook page for updates on re-opening, so not sure what they are doing for those that go there.  From FB:

"The Range will be CLOSING the business on December 31, 2021. WE ARE HOPING TO RE-OPEN SOON. Please keep in touch here or at Indoorrange.com. Thanks, Paul Vincent"
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 6:26:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Place needs a huge recondition. It wasn't in the best shape last time I shot there.  Pretty much been the same ever since.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 9:58:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Place needs a huge recondition. It wasn't in the best shape last time I shot there.  Pretty much been the same ever since.
View Quote

That’s part of the appeal, at least for me.  It’s the same as when it opened.  This area has had so much change for the worst, it’s kinda nice having something from better days.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 12:23:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That's part of the appeal, at least for me.  It's the same as when it opened.  This area has had so much change for the worst, it's kinda nice having something from better days.
View Quote
Ya.no frills and no fancy stuff to drive the prices up.Will be a loss for those that don't have a home range to shoot at. The closest indoor range will now be about 45 minutes away.maybe they will find a buyer for the place and reopen.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 5:35:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm not saying it need to be super fancy just needs some ventilation enhancements and recondition the backstops.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 9:49:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I ran a gun club at Mary Wash in the late 90's and we shot at The Range a couple of times a month. Bing was a hoot to talk to about guns. Haven't been by in several years but, I'm bummed that he's gone. Good dude.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 5:35:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I ran a gun club at Mary Wash in the late 90's and we shot at The Range a couple of times a month. Bing was a hoot to talk to about guns. Haven't been by in several years but, I'm bummed that he's gone. Good dude.
View Quote

You too?  I also ran a USPSA club, starting back when former USPSA President Phil Strader owned Shooters Paradise.  

The guys who worked at The Range were IDPA shooters, but on a few occasions volunteered to help out at Shooters (we had an IDPA club too, bu I did not run that one).

The Range may not be the fanciest facility, but I always remember them as good people.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top