Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2021 7:49:45 PM EDT
Has it actually occurred to anybody else that the three longest serving, anti-gun Legislators are in control of all three levers of Federal Power?
I fully expect they have a plan to enact the most draconian, anti-gun Legislation ever attempted in the US, one I fully expect will kick off a true revolt of the People, one that will require heavy force to repel and keep the Capitol Buildings safe and secure.
Interesting times my friends, interesting times indeed.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 8:13:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Half of me thinks they have no idea of what they are doing and the other half of me thinks they know exactly what they are doing.

They scream for shutdowns because of science but when you hit them with gun violence statistics they choose to ignore facts.  They want it both ways.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 8:24:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I guess.  Maybe.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 9:26:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Interesting times my friends, interesting times indeed.  
View Quote
That is the gist of the famous Chinese curse (besides the Wu-Flu): "May you live in interesting times"

Personally I do not look at the collapse of a country and/or its civilization to be a bad thing. It has been going on for as long as there have been civilizations and yet humans are still around and we continued to advance. I try to imagine what life on this planet would be like if ancient Egypt had not collapsed and was still running the known world. What if the Roman Empire kept plugging along and we still had Caesar's still based in Rome along with their corruption? 250 years is a good run for a country but as one sees, it dies from the inside out. The endless creation of new rules, regulations, etc. that stifle progress and make it harder and harder to get things done. It was interesting to see that right after WW II, and the collapse of the Third Reich, Europe rebuilt at an incredibly fast pace. How did they do it? Easy. The old bureaucracies, bureaucrats, rules and regulatory agencies were all wiped out in the war. They had a clean slate to work with and no one around demanding 10 years of environmental impact studies, minority setasides and cultural studies. They cleared out the rubble and rebuilt. When I visited Germany in 1971 as a child, what stood out to me was how new everything was (except for various cultural buildings that the Allies worked hard to not bomb). My grandfather explained to me that everything I saw was new because the old stuff was all destroyed.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:35:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is the gist of the famous Chinese curse (besides the Wu-Flu): "May you live in interesting times"

Personally I do not look at the collapse of a country and/or its civilization to be a bad thing. It has been going on for as long as there have been civilizations and yet humans are still around and we continued to advance. I try to imagine what life on this planet would be like if ancient Egypt had not collapsed and was still running the known world. What if the Roman Empire kept plugging along and we still had Caesar's still based in Rome along with their corruption? 250 years is a good run for a country but as one sees, it dies from the inside out. The endless creation of new rules, regulations, etc. that stifle progress and make it harder and harder to get things done. It was interesting to see that right after WW II, and the collapse of the Third Reich, Europe rebuilt at an incredibly fast pace. How did they do it? Easy. The old bureaucracies, bureaucrats, rules and regulatory agencies were all wiped out in the war. They had a clean slate to work with and no one around demanding 10 years of environmental impact studies, minority setasides and cultural studies. They cleared out the rubble and rebuilt. When I visited Germany in 1971 as a child, what stood out to me was how new everything was (except for various cultural buildings that the Allies worked hard to not bomb). My grandfather explained to me that everything I saw was new because the old stuff was all destroyed.
View Quote

Rebuilding is painful, but most of the things most worthwhile in Life are.
I read about the Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire, and marveled at how the Japanese and Europe "rebuilt" after WWII, but never really applied it to the possibility of America, but yes, it may well be time for a good make over, I can see how a once great State like New York could return to its once glory as the greatest manufacturing State in the World once you get rid of the Bureaucracies that made it too onerous.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:26:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Half of me thinks they have no idea of what they are doing and the other half of me thinks they know exactly what they are doing.

View Quote

I think they know exactly what they're doing but they're only beginning to understand the level of resistance they are going to be facing.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:28:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I think they know exactly what they're doing but they're only beginning to understand the level of resistance they are going to be facing.
View Quote

Someone that has been in/around Government his whole Life assured me "nothing in Government happens by accident, it was planned."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top