Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/13/2021 1:34:44 AM EDT
If you're going, say so and if you're running the 10k or 5k.

For those of you who don't know... Run and Gun, you're running (or walking if you want to) roughly 10 kilometers or 5 kilometers.

You're carrying all your ammo, any shit you may need to fix your gear, water, etc. Shooting stages are scattered throughout the course.

I'm signed up for the 10k, but will sign up for a 5k slot if enough of you fine folks sign up. I'll bring the victory beers/sodas.

If you need to sign up, here's the link.

RWR Run and Gun

Update: results are up.

RWR 10k Results

RWR Rivals 5k Results
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 2:37:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like the 10K is completely sold out. One time frame left for the 5K, though.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 10:04:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, probably going to be out on this one.  But we're more than likely going to the Farrell one in Meridian at the end of March.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 2:50:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Well fuck. I bought the last sunday ticket. I'll be there first thing in the morning to try and run early.

Got my M203 leaf sight today. No quadrant sight for me.

Looking forward to dumping some M781's for score.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 2:51:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, probably going to be out on this one.  But we're more than likely going to the Farrell one in Meridian at the end of March.
View Quote

@JASIRR

I signed up for both the 10k and 5k at Meridian. So I'll see you there hopefully. It's about 45 minutes up the road from me.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 7:57:17 AM EDT
[#5]
@joshdb50

Sweet! I just signed up for the 5k (10am-12pm) block.  It's still right at 2 hours away, but it's a bit closer than Dilley.  I wish it was about 45 min away, I could sleep later.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 4:58:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Running Saturday at noon. Haven't done an OED race before, but they look pretty good. I'm excited to get on the course!
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 11:04:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Running Saturday at noon. Haven't done an OED race before, but they look pretty good. I'm excited to get on the course!
View Quote

@hfrog355

Make sure you're able to stay for the awards. Good chance you'll be able to pull something off the prize table.

Hope to see you there. Start hydrating a few days prior.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 11:06:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
@joshdb50

Sweet! I just signed up for the 5k (10am-12pm) block.  It's still right at 2 hours away, but it's a bit closer than Dilley.  I wish it was about 45 min away, I could sleep later.  
View Quote

@JASIRR

Awesome. I'll be running it with my plate carrier and rifle plates.

I decided yesterday after a 2 mile run with it on that I'll do all the 5k's for OED's races in it. Now I have to order another 40mm pouch.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 11:26:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

@JASIRR

I decided yesterday after a 2 mile run with it on that I'll do all the 5k's for OED's races in it. Now I have to order another 40mm pouch.
View Quote

Is there a division for armor, or are you just doing it?
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 12:44:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Is there a division for armor, or are you just doing it?
View Quote

I'm just doing it for shits and giggles.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 1:11:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

@JASIRR

View Quote

@joshdb50

Sweet.  As much as I "trudge" instead of actually running, I could probably carry a ton more weight, at least for a bit.  I just built an 18" that is H E A V Y.  I don't think I'm going to bring it to the next RNG, but it might make an appearance at some point in the future.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 10:55:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm running Saturday. Hoping to shoot a clean course and run a decent time.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 11:12:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm running Saturday. Hoping to shoot a clean course and run a decent time.
View Quote

Amen.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 11:14:02 AM EDT
[#14]
I will say, a max distance of 300 was a bit surprising. Was expecting something a little more salty, but I'm not going to complain too loudly. I'm just glad to have an excuse to run around in the woods with guns.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 11:30:55 AM EDT
[#15]
The max distance for each match will depend on the terrain at a given venue. At Bandera we saw something like 5-600 yards or so because the terrain was very permissive for such things.

The good news about the 300 yard max distance is it keeps it within range of my M-203 and I may try for that. lol.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 4:31:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Don't get too excited about the 300yd max distance. In my experience, that's code for "tiny, partially obscured targets".
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 10:45:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The max distance for each match will depend on the terrain at a given venue. At Bandera we saw something like 5-600 yards or so because the terrain was very permissive for such things.

The good news about the 300 yard max distance is it keeps it within range of my M-203 and I may try for that. lol.
View Quote
Good gravy Bandera kicked my ass.

I'm running Sunday in group 3 at 1pm, which means I can stay for the prize table (for once). I'm also flying solo, my wife wants me to pull out because I'm on day 5 of COVID but I had the last batch of monoclonal antibodies (apparently) and I should be right as rain by then.

I plan on jogging/running as much as possible.

I'll be using the same guns and gear as I did at Stillwater's. I'd wanted to build up a new pistol but haven't had time. I hope I get to see the 203 in action.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 10:56:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Getting ready to do that 5k with the carrier sucks.

Just got in. It's cold tonight.

Link Posted: 1/7/2022 7:25:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Nice.  Did you not have the plates on long enough to warm up?  We did a night shoot a couple months ago when it was down in the low 40's and I had my pc on for 4-5 hours.  When I took it off I realized how cold it was since the plates had warmed up and were keeping me warm.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 9:39:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Nice.  Did you not have the plates on long enough to warm up?  We did a night shoot a couple months ago when it was down in the low 40's and I had my pc on for 4-5 hours.  When I took it off I realized how cold it was since the plates had warmed up and were keeping me warm.
View Quote

Had em on the whole time. Could feel it in my extremities though. I don't run with gloves on or anything.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 4:50:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Went to zero my rifle to some new ammo today.

Stand 1 Armory 62gr FMJ-BT

Supported at 100 yards.

5 rounds.

Link Posted: 1/7/2022 6:09:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey guys,

A question for those who did the Ranch with the shoot house, did you need a light in it?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 6:31:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Hey guys,

A question for those who did the Ranch with the shoot house, did you need a light in it?

Thanks.
View Quote

@96Ag

We did not.

I'm sure they can rig it up to require it though. The reality is the vast majority of competitors aren't running lights on their guns though.

Even when I finish my dedicated run and gun rifle sometime late this year, I'll still have a light though. Because weapon lights are just one of those things to me. I have one on my hunting/PRS rifle, lol.

Link Posted: 1/7/2022 9:10:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

@96Ag

We did not.

I'm sure they can rig it up to require it though. The reality is the vast majority of competitors aren't running lights on their guns though.

Even when I finish my dedicated run and gun rifle sometime late this year, I'll still have a light though. Because weapon lights are just one of those things to me. I have one on my hunting/PRS rifle, lol.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey guys,

Thanks.

@96Ag

We did not.

@joshdb50

Kind of what I was thinking. I don't have a light on my RNG gun right now but it's just a matter of an MLOK 45 and a TLR1 HL and I'd have light.

Better safe than limited.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 9:30:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Not bad shootin.  No light needed on the shoot house, but I agree it would be easy to make it where you would need one.  I also run a light on my 18" SPR.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 8:44:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Alright gents, pack your long johns and memorize your wind holds. Gonna be a spicy one this weekend.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 8:57:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Aaaaaaaaand I'm out.

Whole house is full of Covid, Flurona, Strep throat and fail. I let John know this evening.

Y'all run fast and shoot straight. And please post pics. I also saw that the March event was already sold out.  

Maybe I can make the May event.

#fuckchina
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 9:05:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Aaaaaaaaand I'm out.

Whole house is full of Covid, Flurona, Strep throat and fail. I let John know this evening.

Y'all run fast and shoot straight. And please post pics. I also saw that the March event was already sold out.  

#fuckchina
View Quote

Get your tickets now, bud.

Hope you all get better.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 9:11:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Hope you all get better.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aaaaaaaaand I'm out.

#fuckchina

Hope you all get better.
Thank you.

We're going to look at the calendar tonight.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 10:40:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Packing up all my gear now. Including a ton of cold weather clothes. Running Fri and working a stage Sat/Sun. Standing out there all day Saturday is going to be a bit chilly!
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 1:10:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Packing up all my gear now. Including a ton of cold weather clothes. Running Fri and working a stage Sat/Sun. Standing out there all day Saturday is going to be a bit chilly!
View Quote

I'm debating running it in shorts on Saturday.

I'll be in my plate carrier on Sunday so I'll be a little warmer.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 11:12:07 AM EDT
[#32]
RO'ing is the smart move. Run in the sunny weather Friday then laugh at all the frozen losers on Saturday while you sip hot chocolate.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 12:41:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Not too worried about the cold. Only thing that's gonna make that a big issue is a creek crossing or something along those lines. That's gonna suck.

That said, RO'ing would be a lot colder than running.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 1:02:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Not too worried about the cold. Only thing that's gonna make that a big issue is a creek crossing or something along those lines. That's gonna suck.

That said, RO'ing would be a lot colder than running.
View Quote

Yeah, I ran The Ranch in shorts at like 820am. I was cold for about 200 meters once I started running.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 10:59:55 AM EDT
[#35]
https://twitter.com/NWSFortWorth/status/1481968351664553985

"Big changes on the way as a strong cold front is set to plunge through North & Central TX tonight. Saturday will be cold and VERY windy with sustained winds 25 to 35 mph and gusts to 50 mph expected. A Wind Advisory is in effect through Saturday."

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 11:06:09 AM EDT
[#36]
If I freeze to a tree like that fella in Jeremiah Johnson, I hope it's one of you guys that gets my rifle.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:47:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Good luck guys!
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 9:19:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Can confirm. It's fucking cold.

It's windy.

Glad I'm in shorts and a Hawaiian shirt.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 9:23:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Pull some bullets and use the powder to start a fire.  Hang in there!
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Had to use my beanie to warm my hands between stages.

Got to employ the 203. Good effects with one round. 2nd round impacted women branches and broke on impact. Lol.

10/10. Lots of thorns. Wear pants. My legs are shredded pretty good.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 1:58:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Double tap
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 10:22:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Series 10k results are posted. Link in OP.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 10:08:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Not bad, doesn't look like wind was much of a factor.  Recap?
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 2:46:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Went to zero my rifle to some new ammo today.

Stand 1 Armory 62gr FMJ-BT

Supported at 100 yards.

5 rounds.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/310196/20220107_134516-2231935.jpghttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/310196/20220107_134643-2231936.jpg
View Quote
You're the guy who left that rifle on the table in the RO room during awards. Everyone was eyeballing it. How did the chalk(?) work out? How much does that cost per shot? Can you find actual explosive rounds and pay a tax stamp on each one? If so, how much?
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 9:59:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You're the guy who left that rifle on the table in the RO room during awards. Everyone was eyeballing it. How did the chalk(?) work out? How much does that cost per shot? Can you find actual explosive rounds and pay a tax stamp on each one? If so, how much?
View Quote

Yeah, that was mine. Got good effects on stage 5 on those rifle targets in the draw with one round. The second one hit a branch and ruptured. So had to hit those with the rifle.

I'm not nearly rich enough to be able to afford the infrastructure to store and transport actual HE. Or to afford the quality of rounds that would be necessary for a manufacturer to bother dealing with me.

It's about 17 bucks per chalk round though.

Posted results for the 5k in the OP.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 10:18:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Shot
Quoted:
Glad I'm in shorts and a Hawaiian shirt.
View Quote

Chaser
Quoted:
10/10. Lots of thorns. Wear pants. My legs are shredded pretty good.
View Quote

Probably could have seen that coming.

~~~~~~~~~~
Super fun event - had a blast. Wind was a bit much but targets were all close, so can't blame the wind for shooting issues. Need to run faster. Very pleased with all my gear except my medical - fell off my belt twice, so that's getting replaced.

Thanks to everyone who made it happen. Can't wait til the next one.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 6:35:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Good showing.  That Woosley dude killed it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 5:34:12 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm glad everyone had a good time.

Who's going to the Ranch in March? I'm Block 2 on Sunday.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 7:04:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Farrell is in March (I'm Block 1 in the 10k Saturday).

The Ranch is in May. I can't make that because of Twilight up in Oklahoma. Even with a shoothouse, it's hard to pass on night vision events since there are so few of them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 11:04:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Rivals Block 2
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top