Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 6/27/2021 10:38:33 PM EDT
From what I've been hearing, at the Trump rally last night:
  • Blystone supporters were prevented by Lorain GOP party members from entering areas where television cameras might see them if they were wearing Blystone shirts. They had to wear them backwards or inside out.
  • Blystone was forced to sit in an area away from all the other candidates who attended, even though he was promised to be seated with the other candidates.
Now, the seating thing I can live with. It's rude and should still be addressed, but it is what it is. However, Lorain GOP members UNFAIRLY RESTRICTING FREEDOM OF SPEECH of some people smacks of nothing short of the same gestapo-style garbage as Antifa and Black Lives Matter. Yes, I'm comparing the Lorain County GOP to the BLM terrorists who attacked our nation, because that's what they - or at least the ones who helped organize/run the event - appear to share values with. Shameful and disgusting if this is true.

ETA: If someone can confirm or deny this, I'd much appreciate it. I don't want to be spreading false information. However, if this is true, I think that everyone needs to know and those responsible need to be removed from leadership positions for any future events and a public apology issued by the county party.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 7:46:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I was wondering why he wasn't represented at the rally. He seems to be exactly a Trump style candidate.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 9:02:32 AM EDT
[#2]
He is. That's precisely why I've got two of his 2'x4' signs going up on my property and already have a yard sign there.

He's a Constitutional Conservative. Seems like the RINO wing of the party doesn't like that very much. Didn't realize that Lorain County had so many of those RINO types in charge of things.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 9:33:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Kasich's win in the 2016 primary should tell you all you need to know about the OH GOP
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:01:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kasich's win in the 2016 primary should tell you all you need to know about the OH GOP
View Quote
You said "Kasich " and "GOP" in the same sentence?
I wish the OH GOP would have the balls to censure him. Wouldn't do much since he's a political has-been, but at least it would send a message of disagreement.

Hopefully the candidacy of someone like Blystone can shake things up a bit here. It's really disappointing that the candidate who's likely closest to Trump's views and vision was essentially forcibly ignored at Trump's rally. Looks like we've still got a fair amount of work to weed out the RINOs from the true patriots here.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 10:15:37 AM EDT
[#5]
You can run for you county GOP precinct committee seat.  Elections are during the primary of even years.  It only takes like 10 signatures to get on the ballot.

Now actually changing the county party will take more then getting one seat so find some friends and neighbors to run for their precincts also.

JLE
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 11:01:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You can run for you county GOP precinct committee seat.  Elections are during the primary of even years.  It only takes like 10 signatures to get on the ballot.

Now actually changing the county party will take more then getting one seat so find some friends and neighbors to run for their precincts also.

JLE
View Quote

Yes you can do that.  And in fact, it has been done recently in a county bordering Lorain.  The prior folks running it were utterly useless establishment types.  A guy got a whole slate of folks together to run for central committee and took over the party.  That county party is now humming along nicely and executes for Republican candidates up and down the ticket.  The change is amazing and positive.

I will leave it to the reader to figure out which county bordering Lorain I am talking about and who did it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 5:38:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

JLE
View Quote
Residing in Ashtabula County, I'm reasonably sure that we probably already have plenty of Trump supporters in charge here. (In fact, our county auditor is one of the primary contacts for Trump's campaign out here.) But you offer some really good advice. Thanks for taking the time to share it.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top