Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2021 1:21:17 PM EDT
For the past two days, it sounds like a war zone over the gulf of mehicoe.   Were the troops advised of forthcoming budget cuts and just venting (like full after burner for their entire sorte) or is it some other reason.   Not complaining, since I was stationed at Tyndall for 15 years, just curious.... as I now live in central FL..... many miles from the gulf. TYVM
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:49:22 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're in central Florida, you're probably hearing military activity if you live under or near the Live Oak MOA or Palatka MOA's. Both are over land.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:18:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Or the Pinecastle range in Ocala. They are conducting both live and inert bombing through 24 Jan.

https://www.cnic.navy.mil/regions/cnrse/installations/nas_jacksonville.html
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:36:56 PM EDT
[#3]
We're in NE ONF and the jets out of NAS J-ville have been rocking hard since Tues. The lake we're on got buzzed at a couple thousand feet 7 times yesterday. LOVE IT! Been out here 11 years and have never seen this much activity, especially after dark.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:19:05 PM EDT
[#4]
30 years ago when I was at the range in the ONF it was fairly busy.  We had just called a cease fire and we're walking out to the 50 and 100 yard line for our targets, and a flight of A-10s came in slow and low.   And about 30 seconds later we were hearing brrraaaaappppp.....

None of us called the line hot and we all (maybe 30 of us total - it was a busy day) sat and enjoyed the sounds and occasional sights for 10 minutes or so.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:27:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I loved living near a fighter base.  I'm too far south to hear the action at Pinecastle.

I miss jet noise...
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 8:25:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Live right across the bay from McDill. Just saw a B-1 and two B-1 bombers. They flew right over my house. Low and slow. Getting ready for super bowl.

Seen every kind of aircraft in the last 24 years here. Saw a f-22 fly a few hundred feet above the trees right over us once. It was flying so slow I do not know how it stayed in the air.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top