Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 7/23/2021 10:38:40 PM EDT
Who are they guarding? The BLM protesters?

I can't justify spending $100 a seat for MLB games anyways.  You can't even watch their games unless you get some channel called Bally Sports Ohio.

I guess we can root for the Reds or is someone offended by that too?
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 11:02:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Sports died 20 years ago for me.
I grew up going to Indians and Browns games.  

Sitting in my grandfather's living room with and my dad, watching the Brown's in the late 80s.

I sat in the real Dawg Pound, when they threw batteries and dog biscuits.

Memorial Stadium Indiana games.

I'll always have and cherish those memories.

Link Posted: 7/24/2021 8:45:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sports died 20 years ago for me.
I grew up going to Indians and Browns games.  

Sitting in my grandfather's living room with and my dad, watching the Brown's in the late 80s.

I sat in the real Dawg Pound, when they threw batteries and dog biscuits.

Memorial Stadium Indiana games.

I'll always have and cherish those memories.

View Quote

Ahh where the dog house needed 6 guys to carry it in and only 2 out.  Yup, pro sports are dead to me as well.  Every person or company makes a choice.  They've made theirs, and I've made mine.  I'm at peace with it.  

Although I do hope 4chan comes up with something to start about how Guardians are racist or whatever to get people worked up and they need to change again.  LIke the OK sign
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 11:50:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Although I do hope 4chan comes up with something to start about how Guardians are racist or whatever to get people worked up and they need to change again.  LIke the OK sign
View Quote

Like maybe "Guardian was an elected position in the Klan" back in the day?

That sure would stir the pot, wouldn't it?
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 12:44:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 7/25/2021 10:25:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Basically as white guys, our opinions don’t count anymore.  Get used to it guys.  Our point of view doesn’t matter anymore and we are being cancelled.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 6:37:28 PM EDT
[#6]
They should have changed the name to Cleveland Rocks with a theme song already written to go.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 7:54:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They should have changed the name to Cleveland Rocks with a theme song already written to go.
View Quote

I was rooting for Cleveland River-Fires
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 10:16:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm sad to see the name go but like most here I've pretty much had it with professional sports anymore.  It will be weird calling them The Guardians and I won't have the sentimental attachment to the team that I did but whatever. It's their team not ours.

In 20 years some softie will complain that the name Guardians is militaristic or invokes toxic masculinity or something and they'll "have to" change it again. I'll care even less then
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 8:40:27 PM EDT
[#9]
New mascot will be a strong, non binary (but born female) person of color.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 11:58:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
New mascot will be a strong, non binary (but born female) person of color.
View Quote

Nope, still Slider.

https://fox8.com/news/will-the-cleveland-guardians-keep-slider-as-their-mascot/
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top