Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/9/2022 9:57:33 PM EDT
Was just downstairs getting ready to load some 7x57's for one of my sons.  I pulled out the container with my primers and pulled out the 2nd to last cartons of CCI LR primers.  Imagine my dismay when I looked at the price tag on it - $12.50.  It's his deer rifle, so if I load 100 rds.+/-, that should last him till I'm feeding the worms.  He'll have to take over then.  I think there may be some guys around that have paid $12.50 for 100 primers.   Can't even shoot my new Navy cap & ball because I can't find any .454 balls .   This is getting a bit out of hand.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 10:26:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Get a mold and make your own.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 12:38:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm trying to simplify life a little so getting into casting wouldn't be in the cards at this point in time.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 9:29:23 AM EDT
[#3]
$12.50 for a box of 1,000? How long have you had those? Most of mine are in the $20-25 range, and I've had them at least 10 years.

The newest of the old, is a case of Win LP, marked $35, and I remember buying it at the LGS about 2 years ago.... just because they had some.  

I bought some Federal SP at the new L&M Fleet store in Rhinelander, in April 2022, at $6 per 100. They had a 2 per customer limit.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 11:21:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I think these were from the mid to late 80's.  I went through a dry spell with reloading for awhile - most "spare" money went into our plane, so now I'm rediscovering a lot of stuff I had squirreled away.  Looking at the price stickers on the powder is also a walk in the past.  My wife just shakes her head when we go to the grocery store and I comment on the prices there.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 4:25:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I still have a sleeve of 5,000 Winchester large pistol primers that has a $60 sticker on it.
That said, the last 2K of small pistol primers I bought were $49 each, because I THOUGHT I was almost out.
Since then, I came across about 15K I forgot I had.
I was planning to buy more, before the last election, but, between COVID19, and the riots, the shelves went bare.
Hopefully, this drought will end soon!
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 7:02:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I still have a sleeve of 5,000 Winchester large pistol primers that has a $60 sticker on it.
View Quote
I don't have anything in inventory acquired at that price, but hell I'm still glad I grabbed cases of 5k in '18...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 9:05:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Can't even shoot my new Navy cap & ball because I can't find any .454 balls .  
View Quote

I need to check my stash...I have a coffee can of balls for my 1858 Remington...but don't remember if I cast .451 or .454.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 6:17:27 PM EDT
[#8]

I'm sitting on about 700 pounds of lead, and casting/tumbling. 454 RBs
I will donate some to the cause.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:26:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Sure do appreciate the gesture, but I'd feel bad if I didn't offer some compensation - even swap for something you might be in need of?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top