Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/8/2018 10:33:04 AM EDT
Got an e-mail from Jon Gutmacher, sure others did to. Looks like there is a date/time set. I'll be there... if not, I'm dead or in jail and can't make bond.

Perhaps we can post the people/shops/organizations that have been contacted in an effort to reduce wasted effort.

I'm sharing this with local shops in my area... J&B Guns Bushnell, FL; AW Peterson Gun Shop Mt. Dora, FL.; CORE15 in Ocala, Fl.  Awaiting a call back from Carey Baker to see if he will be a speaker.

It's time...

The Big Pro Gun Rally

ETA- I may very well be able to provide lodging for folks traveling from afar in Aucilla, FL which is about 35 miles east of Tallahassee. I can probably provide floor space in my hunt camp for 8-10 people. You will have to bring your own cot/inflatable mattress, etc, but at least you will have somewhere to stage and save on a motel. I can also provide room out in the field for primitive camping or space to put your travel trailer (no hook up though for water/elec).
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 9:12:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Still a go... has anyone made plans to attend?

Anyone hit up their LGS's?
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 11:40:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw a sign on the front door at The WPB Shoot Straight that said buses will be leaving from that location.

Maybe there will be also be buses leaving from their other stores as well.

I'll be there sometime this week and I'll ask for the details.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 12:01:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I saw a sign on the front door at The WPB Shoot Straight that said buses will be leaving from that location.

Maybe there will be also be buses leaving from their other stores as well.

I'll be there sometime this week and I'll ask for the details.
View Quote
Thinking about stopping in this week (WPB store) myself to shoot and will ask.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 3:12:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I caught the bus from the Shoot Straight off 301 in Tampa for the April Tally Rally. I am going to find out if there will be a bus from there for this one. Hopefully I will get my boy out there as well. I would like for my better half to go, but she just had follow up surgery not even a week ago, so we will have to wait and see. Oh, and Fuck Cancer.

Again, a big “Thank You” to Shoot Straight for stepping up with the busses for the April Tally Rally.
They compete against each other for sales but more LGS should band together or at least help out for the cause.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 1:14:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm in of course.... just been busy with other things. But I'm in.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 3:03:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I just returned from the Shoot Straight on Southern Blvd and inquired about transportation to the rally.

Shoot Straight has stepped up again and will be providing buses to the rally from each of its locations.

I was advised that folks should contact the Shoot Straight location they wish to leave from,  for details on seating and parking.

I think its really great that they're extending themselves again; kudos to them.

The sign on the front door:

Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:36:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I will be making it up, had a suicide in the family for the last event, I’ll make sure no one decides to kill themselves before
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:43:47 PM EDT
[#8]
There's a pro life march in Tally that day too...
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 6:50:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club is helping out with the costs of a bus. There is limited seating left:

PMRPC Bus Sign Up
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 7:43:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Crap... I just transferred out of Admin to a Watch Commander's position... we're hurting personnel wise and now my weekends are in jeopardy...
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 8:14:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Crap... I just transferred out of Admin to a Watch Commander's position... we're hurting personnel wise and now my weekends are in jeopardy...
View Quote
@Bowhntr6pt

Why would you leave the comfort of Admin to be a Shift Supervisor and deal with calls?

Do you enjoy slamming your dick with a car door?
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 8:29:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Ive stopped by the range by my house twice but the appropriate management wasnt there to make a decision to support and leave flyers. I get off early friday and will check a couple other shops this weekend. As of right now I plan on attending.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 8:30:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Arfcom meet up at the Capitol. I will scout for a good location
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 9:35:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
@Bowhntr6pt

Why would you leave the comfort of Admin to be a Shift Supervisor and deal with calls?

View Quote
Well... to be honest, the 8-5 M-F gig was nice for a while, but it was getting old.

I missed the shift life, camaraderie, days off, holiday pay, thrill of the hunt, etc.

I've got great Sgt's who are seasoned and experienced so my work load will be minimal.

Best thing is I will have influence on the deputies to train and mentor so as to avoid the abusive shit stories we keep seeing reference gun rights (and others) violations.

A big plus... night hunting on the clock lol.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 9:58:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well... to be honest, the 8-5 M-F gig was nice for a while, but it was getting old.

That's expected

I missed the shift life, camaraderie, days off, holiday pay, thrill of the hunt, etc.

Holiday Pay is always awesome

I've got great Sgt's who are seasoned and experienced so my work load will be minimal.

Best thing is I will have influence on the deputies to train and mentor so as to avoid the abusive shit stories we keep seeing reference gun rights (and others) violations.

That's a plus

You lucky SOB!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@Bowhntr6pt

That's expected

Holiday Pay is always awesome

That's a plus

You lucky SOB!
Respond in red.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 3:15:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Didn't see this anywhere here yet, if it is I apologize for the dupe. This was posted on our range FB page:

Didn't think the July rally in Tally was important? Well . . . the anti-gun MARCH FOR OUR LIVES does -- and has decided to go head-to-head against us in a march in Tallahassee on the same date to try to make us look bad. They'll get two to three thousand -- and we better double that, or we will look bad. THIS WILL GET NATIONAL MEDIA. WILL YOU BE THERE? WILL YOU STAND UP AND BE COUNTED, OR WILL YOU LET THEM MAKE ALL OF US LOOK BAD???

I checked the MFOL site and it's under the Florida dates.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 6:02:15 PM EDT
[#17]
I signed up today at the SS in Ft Myers. See ya there fellas!
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 8:52:39 PM EDT
[#18]
I am going, I already took a couple days off to make sure.   I heard something about a rally in Broward tommorow but cant find nothing but gun ban shit doing a search, the gun ban kids had a rally downtown today it seems.

I am going to go to a few local places and see if they will consider hosting a bus or do sign up sheets to see if they can fill some.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 11:42:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I signed up today at the SS in Ft Myers. See ya there fellas!
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 10:39:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Arfcom Meetup at thr Firefighter Memorial.

Link Posted: 7/2/2018 12:01:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Two of my buddies names are on it. I am planning to attend.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 6:51:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I have friends on the Police Memorial.

Sorry for your loss.

I simply chose thr Firefighter Memorial since it is large, visible, and on the north side of the courtyard and easy to get to.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 10:43:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have friends on the Police Memorial.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/43/Florida_Fraternal_Order_of_Police_Law_Enforcement_Memorial_at_Florida_State_Capitol.JPG

Sorry for your loss.

I simply chose thr Firefighter Memorial since it is large, visible, and on the north side of the courtyard and easy to get to.
View Quote
As I am for your loss too. It is a fine meeting spot, and they would agree.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 11:47:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Anybody from Santa Rosa County or FWB going?   I'm to the point I can leave my adopted female GSD in the house all day without her destroying something.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 3:24:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Parking for the event... here is a map I made.

All parking meter spots are free on the weekends.

Some of the lots are free too.

Link Posted: 7/16/2018 4:14:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/yBTFDTW.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/4Z76Wqx.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/qCyYJf7.jpg
View Quote
BIG THANKS... I needed this info.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 6:15:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Best thing is I will have influence on the deputies to train and mentor so as to avoid the abusive shit stories we keep seeing reference gun rights (and others) violations..
View Quote
We are grateful.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 11:05:12 AM EDT
[#28]

On July 28, 2018; there will be a Pro Gun Rally at the Florida Capitol, in Tallahassee, Florida. Organized by Mr. Jon Gutmacher. Noted Firearms Attorney and author of Florida Firearms Law, Use & Ownership. The guide book for anything and everything firearms related in terms of Florida law. A book so well respected that it is even issued as required reading in a number of Police Academies.

Currently scheduled to speak at the rally is the following:
  • Lt. Col. Joe Waldron, Vice President and Legislative Director of the Florida Sports Shooting Association
  • Larry Pratt, Executive Director Emeritus of Gun Owners of America
  • Steve Merrette, Director of Member Affairs of Florida Carry, Inc.
  • CJ Grisham, Founder of Open Carry Texas
  • Tara Dixon Engel, Director of Strategic Development of the American Police Hall of Fame & Museum
  • Paul Pawela, Director of Law Enforcement Training of the American Police Hall of Fame & Museum
  • Greg Kinman, otherwise known as Hickok45 of YouTube Fame
  • Royce Bartlet, Host of Shooting Straight Radio on WMMB
  • Last, but not least.
Mr. Mark Keith Robinson; the man who has become known as "I AM THE MAJORITY", is a law abiding citizen who lives in Greensboro, North Carolina. On April 3, 2018 he gave a four minute speech in front of his city council on the Second Amendment that was passionate, deep in meaning, and went viral on YouTube. If you haven't see it, you need to. In making this possible, I would like to gratefully acknowledge and thank Kel-Tec for covering his travel expenses.

And Ms. Kaitlin Bennett, an outspoken conservative activist who became a viral sensation and face of the gun rights movement at Kent State University when she did a purposeful, on campus protest carrying an AR-10 on her shoulder after her graduation. The protest was over the fact that students could not possess firearms on campus, but any other adult could  including open carry of all types of firearms.

Mr. Robinson and Ms. Bennett are shining example of what the 2nd Amendment is all about and how it applies to the everyday citizen. A major kudos to them for grabbing the brass ring and jumping into the fray.

This past March, I asked if the Firearms Industry would be willing to step up to the plate and help fund grassroot rallies and events. Apparently, some heard the call here in Florida and are helping the fight against the gun grabbers. A big thanks to them.

Kel-Tec Firearms, headquartered out of Cocoa, FL neighboring NASA at Cape Canaveral and Ron John Surf Shop in Cocoa Beach threw their hat into the ring. Being the third-largest manufacturer of pistols in the United States. Kel-Tec is not a small-time player doing this for advertisement and name recognition. The company and its founder, George Kellgren. Have long called Florida home, since 1991 actually. And is tired of seeing the sad state of affairs Florida has started to become.

Shoot Straight, Inc.; a Florida chain of gun stores is another major sponsor. Started in 1979 by Khaled Akkawi, a Lebanese immigrant. Shoot Straight is now said to be the highest volume gun seller in the nation, selling 50,000 to 70,000 guns a year. In addition to being one of the largest volume FFLs in the country. Shoot Straight's owner also runs Suncoast Gun Shows, Inc. and Florida Gun Shows, Inc. The two major circuit organizers for gun shows in Florida. Mr. Akkawi is a strong 2nd Amendment supporter and is known in Florida as a clean cut businessman and model of what the American Dream is all about. Freedom and Liberty.

CCW SAFE, based out of the most Reddest State in all the country; Oklahoma (sorry Texas). Is a conceal carry insurance company. Offering different policies and coverage plans. They stand by their clients and provide legal support when it is needed the most. Founded by three former police officers. They continued to hold their sworn oaths and defend the rights of their fellow Americans.

I will be there covering the rally and reporting. I'd also like to give a big shout out to those that stepped up and are helping the fight. So if anyone in the area is looking at fighting back the gun grabbers. Head on over to The Big Pro Gun Rally on Saturday, July 28 in Tallahassee. Shoot Straight is organizing buses for those that need a ride.

Link Posted: 7/19/2018 11:59:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Great information, and good job.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:51:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Just got the call from SS here in Ft Myers.....

They cancelled the bus trip due to only having 4 people sign up.

Apparently SS cancelled all of the buses due to lack of interest.

That's a long day from here, but I might still go if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:53:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Great information, and good job.
View Quote
BIG +1

THANKS
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:53:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Damn
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:59:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Damn

I should have this on TTAG by 4pm.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 7:08:39 PM EDT
[#34]
I’ll be there and trying to get a few friends to join.

Thanks to MJBT and 6pt for all the effort on this.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 1:56:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Is there going to be someone there helping to get people registered to vote?
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 10:34:12 AM EDT
[#36]

Meet up at Fire Fighter Memorial on the north end of the Capitol Courtyard. Since the event starts at 2pm. Lets do it for 1:45pm.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 11:49:52 AM EDT
[#37]

I just learned that David Hogg and the Parkland Kids Funky Bunch will also be in Tallahassee at the same time. Yup, you read that right. March for Our Lives will be hosting an event in Tallahassee.

According to their registration website. The event will start at either 2pm or 3pm right across the street from the State Capitol at Kleman Plaza.

In typical Pro Freedom Awesomeness. The Utah Gun Exchange's "Freedom Tour" will be appearing at the March for Our Lives event to present a contrary Second Amendment viewpoint to the toxic lies spewed by March for Our Live. They will be joining up with the Big Pro-Gun Rally in Tallahassee to fight for our collective Second Amendment Rights and will have their signature BearCat APC tagging along.

For those that don't know. The Utah Gun Exchange is a popular Utah firearms training, sales, and Second Amendment organization that puts on a number of events in their home state. Bryan Melchior, a co-owner of the Exchange put together a crew that has followed and appeared at every event that "March for Our Lives" has put on this summer.

As I posted ealier, on July 28. There will be the Big Pro Gun Rally at the Capitol Courtyard in Tallahassee, Florida.

The event begins at noon with musical entertainment provided by singer/guitarist Gene Loy. Then the big guns begin to roll out at 2:00 pm, with fourteen of the top pro-gun speakers in the nation including Erich Pratt , executive director of Gun Owners of America; Hickok45 with 3.5 million YouTube followers; Mark Keith "I AM THE MAJORITY" Robinson of viral YouTube fame; Kaitlin Bennett the AR-10 Kent State gal; Jon Gutmacher, rally organizer and author of the Florida Firearms book with over 235,000 copies sold; AND Erin Palette, founder of Operation Blazing Sword, the LGBTQ pro-gun training organization.

There will also be performances by country recording artist Josh Taylor; who's first Nashville album releases in September. Also appearing will be country artist Krystal Walters.

Krystal Walters is a gifted country western recording artist, who will be the rally's soloist for the National Anthem, and will also play an original country song later in the rally. She was born in Kansas but raised in Southwest Florida, and released her first solo record album, This Ain't Kansas back when she was only seventeen years old. As a Nashville Recording Artist, Krystal has been a musician all her life, and attended music school at both Florida Southwestern State College and Florida Gulf Coast University. Major performances include headlining charity events for the American Cancer Society and Susan G. Komen Foundation, as well as performing the National Anthem for such notables as the Boston Red Sox, Florida Everblades, and Fort Myers Miracle. She is a staunch Second Amendment supporter, and her numerous original recordings can be found on YouTube, and iTunes, including a real favorite of ours called Hindsight. She's volunteered her appearance for the rally, and Mr. Gutmacher and Florida Gun Owners are proud to have someone of her caliber and talent.

As stated, I will be there.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 12:07:27 PM EDT
[#38]
I posted this over on FSN now that the board is back up.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 3:39:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Anybody in Okaloosa or Santa Rosa County going I can hitch with/pay gas?
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 10:28:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Bump
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 10:34:51 AM EDT
[#42]
See'ya tomorrow
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 1:17:59 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm thinking about going, it'll be about 7 hours round trip for me.  Any rules/etiquette against ccw at the event?
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 1:51:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'm thinking about going, it'll be about 7 hours round trip for me.  Any rules/etiquette against ccw at the event?
View Quote
CCW is legal, no signs with wooden poles. Dress presentable.

If yiu go to the link, it covers more than I can explain.

But for sure, CCW is legal.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 1:21:02 PM EDT
[#45]
On site now, crowd is starting to fill in
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 1:49:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Nice day for freedom
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 2:11:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Hope all goes well, I'd have gone but in Clearwater for the weekend with the fiancé.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 5:17:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Hope all goes well, I'd have gone but in Clearwater for the weekend with the fiancé.
View Quote
Great people. Excellent experience. Folks you have to show to these events. I did not understand until today. You either have a voice and participate or get on the sidelines. Nice to meet you guys.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 5:53:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Thank you all for coming!
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 5:59:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top