Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2021 9:46:46 AM EDT
Has anyone used them for a transfer? I can’t find any reviews except about the range itself. I want to make sure they’re gtg and won’t steal the swag or other goodies out of the box.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 10:55:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 7:44:34 PM EDT
[#2]
https://www.gunbroker.com/ffl/index

Last time I was there there was a cat in an Industrial park located in a closet on the side of a auto mechanic shop, he seemed like a good dude. He might be the one listed on the Industrial Drive. I doubt anyone is going to steal your shit.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 4:16:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't believe the Alamo would give you anything less than great service at high price.  There's a market for a shop like that especially in Naples, but it's not for me!
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 4:19:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the reply’s guys. What shops do you use for transfers in the Naples area?
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 7:32:17 PM EDT
[#5]
With Alamo if your transfer comes in on a Monday it will be Wednesday or Thursday before they call you .
Checkmate charges 20 bucks out the door for transfers.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 1:43:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Shoot Center in Cape Coral. Best place in SW Florida. Friendly and knowledgeable staff, good selection and clean well lit range.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 6:57:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
With Alamo if your transfer comes in on a Monday it will be Wednesday or Thursday before they call you .
View Quote

I have never heard of Checkmate. I found the website. It is a bit vague. Are they a "kitchen table" type of FFL? Not that it is a bad thing. If I were to ever buy a gun, I would like to keep them on my radar. $20 is $20.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 10:39:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I have never heard of Checkmate. I found the website. It is a bit vague. Are they a "kitchen table" type of FFL? Not that it is a bad thing. If I were to ever buy a gun, I would like to keep them on my radar. $20 is $20.
View Quote

It’s an FFL that’s also a shutter business. They make and install shutters . I’ve never used them but a couple of friends have and they said the place is GTG .
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 10:14:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Tried to get ahold of checkmate but no go.  The info about them also being a shutter business helps explain some though.

I use Mike's Firearms off Livingstone in the industrial park.  I think i pay like $25 or 35 for a transfer fee.  

Link Posted: 7/11/2021 7:17:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Tried to get ahold of checkmate but no go.  The info about them also being a shutter business helps explain some though.

I use Mike's Firearms off Livingstone in the industrial park.  I think i pay like $25 or 35 for a transfer fee.  

View Quote

From what I was told they are there Monday through Friday.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 5:30:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

From what I was told they are there Monday through Friday.
View Quote

I called on like a Wednesday and Thursday during business hours.  This during Jan so who knows.  Would have thrown them my money, but I had 2 AK's coming in and needed an FFL to initiate the shipping.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 2:27:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Shoot Center in Cape Coral. Best place in SW Florida. Friendly and knowledgeable staff, good selection and clean well lit range.
View Quote

Shoot Center is fantastic, but Alamo is good to go and much more convenient for folks in Naples.  I’d prefer either over Shoot Straight.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 2:31:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Has anyone used them for a transfer? I can’t find any reviews except about the range itself. I want to make sure they’re gtg and won’t steal the swag or other goodies out of the box.
View Quote

My go to is Dealer Promotional Services, cheap, fast, reliable & Phil is a good dude.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 4:23:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Shoot Center is fantastic, but Alamo is good to go and much more convenient for folks in Naples.  I’d prefer either over Shoot Straight.
View Quote

Good to know. Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 7:34:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

My go to is Dealer Promotional Services, cheap, fast, reliable & Phil is a good dude.
View Quote

Is that in Naples ?
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 4:56:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 4:59:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 5:33:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 4:28:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

My rifle was delivered at 10:30am and they called me the same day at 1:15pm to come pick it up. I was pleasantly surprised. They also let me open the packaging myself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top