Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2021 9:07:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 10:06:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations to you and your son! I was an Infantry officer in the GAARNG and it was a great opportunity. I hope he has a stellar career!
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 7:52:12 AM EDT
[#2]
from a former 11B2P  
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 2:26:18 PM EDT
[#3]
@Lightning_P38

Big congrats! My son did the same about five years ago.  He just graduated and commissioned, Infantry, this last spring.  He's been assigned to D-Co 2/121 (down in Valdosta).  Ironically, his school date for the Basic Officers course (and Ranger school) have been delayed until next year.  He graduates from the police academy this Friday (Statesboro PD)...at least they know he'll be in school for almost a year once he gets his orders locked in.  

My son hated it here on Fort Gordon for drill; he said all the other branches were whiners, couldn't do PT and then he reminded them that that they were all in the Army to support him...typical cocky Infantry

ROCK6
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 3:22:30 PM EDT
[#4]

I served in Det. 1 HHC mortar platoon (4.2 inch) in Milledgeville after I got our of the RA. The 48th didn't
have a 11M slot open so I transitioned to 11C so I could stay Infantry.

Tell your son well done and and I said Welcome to the Blue Cord Brotherhood.

The world can never have to many Infantrymen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top