Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2022 1:18:28 PM EDT
Election day gas in our little burg was $1.82 per gallon. This morning it is $4.19 per gallon and rising. Putin didn't have a thing with the price rise. Biden's war on domestic energy production has brought it all on.

Not to say anything about the inflation and shortages at the grocery store and every where else.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:22:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn. It's $3.88 in the Liberty area right now.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:29:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Gas is always (or usually) cheaper here than many other places.

Sat, on the way to my amateur radio club I filled up.

91.xx for the cheap stuff and I had over a 1/4 of a tank before I started...

Not happy... At all...

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 5:32:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gas is always (or usually) cheaper here than many other places.

Sat, on the way to my amateur radio club I filled up.

91.xx for the cheap stuff and I had over a 1/4 of a tank before I started...

Not happy... At all...

View Quote

I paid $80 Saturday and I had 12 cents off a gallon from the grocery store
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 9:35:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Election day gas in our little burg was $1.82 per gallon. This morning it is $4.19 per gallon and rising. Putin didn't have a thing with the price rise. Biden's war on domestic energy production has brought it all on.

Not to say anything about the inflation and shortages at the grocery store and every where else.
View Quote

Globally traded resources are heavily effected by things going on half way around the world. That's how the market works unfortunately.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 12:00:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I paid $3.89/gallon (87 Octane) in N Springfield today.  It was $3.94 on Saturday.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:08:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Globally traded resources are heavily effected by things going on half way around the world. That's how the market works unfortunately.
View Quote

Everyone is a free market capitalist until market forces raise prices.  Then it's a conspiracy.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 8:13:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't disagree a bit, but when you openly engage in a war against affordable domestic fossil fuels, it has some effect on those globally traded resources.

ETA: My local podunk gas station/coffee shop/bar/grocery store/deli/restaurant has one pump of ethanol free gas.  They're a little higher than everywhere else, but they're handy and they're ethanol free.  Last Friday I ran the Pioneer up there to top it off and fill up my 4 x 5 gallon jugs.  $110.  Ouch.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 2:24:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Everyone is a free market capitalist until market forces raise prices.  Then it's a conspiracy.
View Quote

Yeah, because cancelling the Keystone Pipeline and removing oil/gas leases from Federal lands has nothing to do with it, right?

It's WAY more efficient with less emissions to boat it around the world and truck it across the country than shove it through a pipe, right?

We WERE energy independent, and a net EXPORTER of energy until Biden took office.  That changed by the end of January 2021.

The cost increase has zero to do with market forces and everything to do with political policy and agenda.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 2:43:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah, because cancelling the Keystone Pipeline and removing oil/gas leases from Federal lands has nothing to do with it, right?

It's WAY more efficient with less emissions to boat it around the world and truck it across the country than shove it through a pipe, right?

We WERE energy independent, and a net EXPORTER of energy until Biden took office.  That changed by the end of January 2021.

The cost increase has zero to do with market forces and everything to do with political policy and agenda.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

These views are factually incorrect. Anything that is globally traded will be effected by scarity elsewhere.

If you want to say Bidens shit policies have contributed greatly to the cost that's fine, but to say it's all his fault or has nothing to do with the market is false.

If Trump was still pres fuel prices would have increased over what they were pre Jan '21 because we would be exporting more fuel to Europe to help satisfy the demand that Russia has caused.

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 8:05:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

.... to help satisfy the demand that Russia has caused.

View Quote

Which wouldn't have happened if Trump was President.  There's a reason Putin waited.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 8:24:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're talking about a pipeline that would still be under construction now.  How would that reduce gas prices?

Also, those leases?  They wouldn't produce a drop of oil for at least 5 years.  Never mind that they weren't being developed to begin with.  Again, how would that reduce gas prices?

The USA is still a net exporter of energy.  It just happens that since Russia was being naughty and got sanctioned the supply of oil they were putting out isn't there any more.  When supply drops and demand stays stable, the price will increase.  Economics 101.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 9:12:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Which wouldn't have happened if Trump was President.  There's a reason Putin waited.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

.... to help satisfy the demand that Russia has caused.

Mental gymnastics
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 10:58:47 PM EDT
[#13]
I laugh at y'alls amateur level price bithing, ha ha ha ha. Pussies!

I spending $600 to $700 a day to keep this truck rolling on just fuel. That's $3000 plus a week or $12k a month. That's just one lone semi that doesn't get run particularly hard. Multiply that by all the trucks on the road, many of which are a team operation (double my fuel costs). Small wonder everything is so damn expensive. It all moves on planes, trains, boats & big rigs.

Even the gas in your vehicle.....
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 11:13:39 PM EDT
[#14]
A lot of science denying racisms up in here.

Its for the climate..... I mean Ukraine. I mean Ukraine's climate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top