Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2021 4:04:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 4:06:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 4:06:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 6:18:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I like when my packages will go from a center in Mo and then KS and then back here.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 6:33:51 PM EDT
[#4]
You see it was a brain-child of govt. admin that decided the post office could save money by getting rid of some distribution points a few years ago. That has caused nothing but trouble.
  I'll use Quincy, IL. for an example since I am familiar with it. Quincy had built a brand new USPS distribution center. So if you mailed a card to a relative in Quincy, the distribution center would catch it and and send it out for delivery. So a few years later they closed the new distribution center in Quincy and now have all the mail routed to Springfield, Il. which in turn, trucks it back to Quincy a day or two (or however long they decide) later. Sometimes the mail is routed up to northern Il. distribution point which again takes even longer.
  At one time you could mail a birthday card to your relative in Quincy and they would get it the next day...now...not so much. It's a roll of the dice when it gets to the intended party and they have done this all across the U.S.
  If it's screwed up, the U.S. government can screw it up even more. Worthless!
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 7:01:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 7:31:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I would just like to get my barrel that's been back ordered for almost a year...
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 10:24:12 PM EDT
[#7]
two weeks ago we were supposed to get our shipment of baby chicks in the mail on friday.  No show, they got held up in hazlewood.... no big deal as they should be good for another 24 hrs... hazlewood sends them to fredricktown instead of ellington.... luckily a postal employee knew they would die by the time we would get them, and called to ask if he drove them to ellington, if we would pick them up... I said of course!... he drove them over, and I was very thankful....

Our folks in the local post office are awesome folks.  The knotheads in the big cities are worthless......
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 10:42:19 PM EDT
[#8]
USPS ran a lot better before big gov decreed that they had the right to their money.
https://www.linns.com/news/us-stamps-postal-history/congress-raid-usps-coffers-30-years.html
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 10:03:57 AM EDT
[#9]
That Kansas City Kansas distribution center is slow.  My packages usually are there for a couple days.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 10:28:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
two weeks ago we were supposed to get our shipment of baby chicks in the mail on friday.  No show, they got held up in hazlewood.... no big deal as they should be good for another 24 hrs... hazlewood sends them to fredricktown instead of ellington.... luckily a postal employee knew they would die by the time we would get them, and called to ask if he drove them to ellington, if we would pick them up... I said of course!... he drove them over, and I was very thankful....

Our folks in the local post office are awesome folks.  The knotheads in the big cities are worthless......
View Quote

I find that exactly true...our local post office employees are the best. Not so much with Hazlewood. I have had two packages lost never to return from there and one package mix-up from there...got a car windshield protector instead of a yard sign I ordered. My yard sign went to another person in Champaign, IL.
Our local postal employees call Hazlewood the 'black hole' and are embarrassed over the evident continuing problems they have from them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top