Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2023 9:01:36 AM EDT
Visiting in laws in MO (from MN) and we are going to cross the border and explore your State today ( most likely Amelia Earhart museum).  Were in St. Joe so its close.

Nice to see some green, almost burned my eyes out when I saw some yellow flowers!

Is the military museum on Leavenworth very good?  I’m assuming no concealed carry on post.

Thanks for this:
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/8/2023 2:18:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Thoughtcrime] [#1]
Welcome!

Enjoy your visit!

ETA: if you end up in Leavenworth, go to this steakhouse.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 9:37:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: johnbrown1856] [#2]
In St Joseph, you might be interested in visiting the house where Jesse James was killed.  It's a small little house but worth seeing.  It is next to the Patee House museum. The Pony Express museum is also nearby.

I haven't been to the military museum on Ft Leavenworth in many years.  Then, it was an ok museum.  It has a very large collection of horse drawn vehicles including General Custer's sleigh.  If you choose to go on base; be sure to go by the old military prison as well as the old Santa Fe trail landing. The museum staff can give you directions.  You can also drive by the federal prison just west of the main gate.  Leavenworth has a decent shopping district downtown too.  

There is the WW1 museum in Kansas City that is a world class museum.  There is also the Steamboat Arabia museum on the north side of downtown.  Both are a "must see" in my opinion.

Jesse James house

WW1 Museum

Steamboat Arabia

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top