Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2021 8:53:06 AM EDT
I just wanted to say thank you to all you Idahoians!  Took a week long road/camping/hiking trip across country with a long time buddy to see the Braun Brothers Reunion in Challis. I'll keep it quiet, so as not to let the hordes of I vading blue state refugees turn your state into another Colorado,  but good Lord your state is beautiful. It may be by design, but your PR person sucks!!  Only thing I'd ever heard about Idaho was potatoes!!  

While the scenery was breathtaking, the best part was the people. I have never come across an entire area where every single person was genuinely nice and genuinely interested in what I had to say. I got asked more questions about myself than I asked about your state!  I could give specific examples, but it would be novel length.

Thank you all very much!
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 2:57:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just wanted to say thank you to all you Idahoians!  Took a week long road/camping/hiking trip across country with a long time buddy to see the Braun Brothers Reunion in Challis. I'll keep it quiet, so as not to let the hordes of I vading blue state refugees turn your state into another Colorado,  but good Lord your state is beautiful. It may be by design, but your PR person sucks!!  Only thing I'd ever heard about Idaho was potatoes!!  

While the scenery was breathtaking, the best part was the people. I have never come across an entire area where every single person was genuinely nice and genuinely interested in what I had to say. I got asked more questions about myself than I asked about your state!  I could give specific examples, but it would be novel length.

Thank you all very much!
View Quote

We also grow onions..... wheat.... barley....and most importantly....Hops.

Glad you had a nice stay, and feel free to visit again.

Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:29:30 PM EDT
[#2]
If you love Idaho, take someone with you when you leave.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 9:08:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you love Idaho, take someone with you when you leave.
View Quote

My buddy and I were joking that everyone is so nice because they were happy it was the 3months a year they can leave the house ??  

Seriously though, it was the best trip I've ever taken.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 12:10:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Make sure you tell everyone how horrible it is here and our women are ugly.

Please.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 11:11:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Make sure you tell everyone how horrible it is here and our women are ugly.

Please.
View Quote

It's not, and they most definitely are not (my wife is lucky I have will power).  But I will keep your secret.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 2:55:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Challis is about my favorite town in that part of the state.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 4:43:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Know how I know you didn’t visit Pocatello or Twin Falls?  

Napoleon Dynamite is our state movie.

Safe travels
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 6:12:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

We also grow onions..... wheat.... barley....and most importantly....Hops.

Glad you had a nice stay, and feel free to visit again.

View Quote

Dont forget mint and sugar beets.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 12:08:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 6:00:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Idaho is full of people and getting fuller.

You'd still be most welcome.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 3:43:10 PM EDT
[#11]
We love many things about this state, but the people are what made it home for us.

I've lived in a few states, but I've never met so many people willing to drop everything and offer you the shirt off their back.

The people in this state are the true gems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top