Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2018 1:14:54 PM EDT
Apple has decided to build a new campus in Austin. Bringing in 15,000-25,000 new employees (all Apple LIBtards). Just what we need 25,000-40,000 more LIBtards.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 1:16:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Well Hell.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 1:52:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I wonder how many millions in tax cuts, etc the city gave them?

Meanwhile traffic gets worse, housing gets more expensive, and taxes go up.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 1:57:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 2:22:20 PM EDT
[#4]
That sucks.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 7:52:28 PM EDT
[#5]
The non-lib Apple employees (Apple is good at sorta-capitalism) stfu so they can keep their cushy gig.  They exist I know some.  Keep the tax doll hairs local, plus the Apple folks won't be like all the other dirty hippies who seem to be everywhere in Austin
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 9:07:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
This.  I'm struggling to see the benefit.  It's not like they're manufacturing them here, we send all those labor dollars to China.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 9:16:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
The city council took it in the @$$ so hard you'll never hear any of them fart again.  

But that's O.K, I'm sure most of them enjoyed it.

Well, I should say, the city council arranged for all the Austin taxpayers to do so...  But the part about them enjoying it probably still applies.

FWIW, I live outside the city limits...

Anyway, even though I'm a techie, I won't even bother to apply for any job openings there.  Someone that hates me works there and I figure he'll make sure I'd never get hired anyway.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 9:20:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well fuck me, Apple bought a chunk of property for their campus on Parmer just inside Wilco. I moved to Wilco 12 fucking years ago because I was fucking sick of LIBtard assholes in California.

Wilco gave Apple a 15 year grace on paying property taxes on their campus. That means everyone else gets fucked harder on property taxes here.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 9:27:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Well fuck me, Apple bought a chunk of property for their campus on Parmer just inside Wilco. I moved to Wilco 12 fucking years ago because I was fucking sick of LIBtard assholes in California.

Wilco gave Apple a 15 year grace on paying property taxes on their campus. That means everyone else gets fucked harder on property taxes here.
View Quote
Grease up, bend over and grab your ankles dude!  
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 11:08:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wilco lost two assembly people, flipping from Republican to DUMBocrat. The LIBtards that moved into Cedar Park voted for an anti-gun, anti voter ID, pro illegal alien asshole over Tony Dale.

High businesses come in and bring LIBtard employees from California and forgien countries. Oklahoma looks better and better.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 10:47:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 8:42:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
15 years?  LOL, in 14 they'll either renew the deal or open another campus somewhere else and shift everything there.  SOP. Meanwhile, their employees will drive up local taxes (not just property, they'll vote for all sorts of stuff) and prices.  At least if you have the ability to leave you'll get more for your house.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 9:18:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was wondering where it would be. Guess they paid at a premium for some of that land from the quarry company? Can’t be having offices too far from each other.

None the less... yay, more traffic and liberals to fuck over our state.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 10:32:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I was wondering where it would be. Guess they paid at a premium for some of that land from the quarry company? Can’t be having offices too far from each other.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One thing to bring your business here, but leave your shitty libTARD employees there. They fucked over the businesses in California, so fuck them!
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 9:13:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
One thing to bring your business here, but leave your shitty libTARD employees there. They fucked over the businesses in California, so fuck them!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very true. Fucking locusts.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 11:32:39 AM EDT
[#16]
As a software engineer, this is good for me.

Not that I'd want to work for Apple, but currently the Austin area has more software engineers than jobs, and it pushes salary's down by about 20-25% relative to the rest of the US. I'm okay with Apple needing to fill 5k jobs and depleting the labor pool a little.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 11:38:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sort of.

That property currently has exceptions that cause the annual taxes to be $77/year. If you assume 10% annual tax increases, that property would have generated $2446.48 in taxes TOTAL over the next 15 years.

The county may not be kicking apple in the nads for taxes, but it's not like they're loosing a whole lot of money. Odds are all the apple engineers are going to pay more than $2446.48 EACH in sales tax annually.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:57:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Sort of.

That property currently has exceptions that cause the annual taxes to be $77/year. If you assume 10% annual tax increases, that property would have generated $2446.48 in taxes TOTAL over the next 15 years.

The county may not be kicking apple in the nads for taxes, but it's not like they're loosing a whole lot of money. Odds are all the apple engineers are going to pay more than $2446.48 EACH in sales tax annually.
View Quote
The libTARDS Apple hires from  California will push and vote to take your guns
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:59:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sort of.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sort of.

Also personal property taxes
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 3:00:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sort of.

So assuming they bring all 5-15K potential employees from the leftest of Cali.... is that going to sway the politics of the state?  Honestly those districts are already democrat.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 3:10:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

So assuming they bring all 5-15K potential employees from the leftest of Cali.... is that going to sway the politics of the state?  Honestly those districts are already democrat.
View Quote
Not all elections are local elections.  They would get to vote in state wide elections too. Your numbers also assume they are single and don’t have anyone come with them or breed and create little liberals that will grow up and vote like dumb shits.

Also have you ever noticed that the way our immigration laws work on allowing a large amount of family members to come with you when your allowed to move to the US?  That would also inflate the amount of people voting like a liberal.  For some resson people that are fleeing their shit native lands tend to vote for the same shit that caused them to move.

Can 15000 make a large difference on average?  No.  Can those 15,000 with others that comes with them or other future mass relocations make a difference?  Yes.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 3:57:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Not all elections are local elections.  They would get to vote in state wide elections too. Your numbers also assume they are single and don’t have anyone come with them or breed and create little liberals that will grow up and vote like dumb shits.

Also have you ever noticed that the way our immigration laws work on allowing a large amount of family members to come with you when your allowed to move to the US?  That would also inflate the amount of people voting like a liberal.  For some resson people that are fleeing their shit native lands tend to vote for the same shit that caused them to move.

Can 15000 make a large difference on average?  No.  Can those 15,000 with others that comes with them or other future mass relocations make a difference?  Yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only 7500 of them will vote during presidential election years, a bit less during midterms.

This is an opportunity to show them the way to prosperity.  Most of those employees will probably already be native Texans though since they aren't replacing their Cali facility.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 3:58:18 PM EDT
[#23]
roughly 30% of registered voters in California identify and vote as Republican. Not all Apple employees, nor all people from California are Liberal (less than 50% of the STATE identifies as Democrat). Also, not all jobs will be filled by Californians... in fact, the majority of available jobs at their new campus, just like those at their existing campus, will be filled by Texans.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 4:58:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Only 7500 of them will vote during presidential election years, a bit less during midterms.

This is an opportunity to show them the way to prosperity.  Most of those employees will probably already be native Texans though since they aren't replacing their Cali facility.
View Quote
You can’t really show a liberal the way.  Their brains have been infected.  They get a high from being a SJW because they honestly believe they are doing something good  and they get addicted to that high.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 6:44:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
roughly 30% of registered voters in California identify and vote as Republican. Not all Apple employees, nor all people from California are Liberal (less than 50% of the STATE identifies as Democrat). Also, not all jobs will be filled by Californians... in fact, the majority of available jobs at their new campus, just like those at their existing campus, will be filled by Texans.
View Quote
This. It isn't a relocation, it is a new campus. The HQ will remain in Cupertino. I am sure some of the California residents will move to this location. Of that number I assume they will be the more moderate or right leaning employees. I can't see a hard liberal willingly moving from CA to TX.

That being said, long term, it will certainly cultivate more liberal leaning voters. That is just how things are. Big business = liberal leaning employees.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 7:14:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This. It isn't a relocation, it is a new campus. The HQ will remain in Cupertino. I am sure some of the California residents will move to this location. Of that number I assume they will be the more moderate or right leaning employees. I can't see a hard liberal willingly moving from CA to TX.

That being said, long term, it will certainly cultivate more liberal leaning voter. That is just how things are. Big business = liberal leaning employees.
View Quote
Wow you are very wrong on hard core liberal not wanting to move here.  I have to deal with them almost every day.  A large amount of them have moved here because they can’t afford to live in CA or the north east and decided to take a job here.  They bitch and moan and talk about awful Texans are.  They really do believe they are superior and we are part of the unwashed or basket of deplorables and they are the ones that are going to save use by showing us the way.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 7:17:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sort of.

Williamson county where I live has always been a very conservative county. This last election we lost two assembly seats to insane LIBtard DUMBocrats. Both that are against voter ID and are big open borders supporters. The Apple campus will be in Wilco, so many of their employees will move up here.

If you want assholes like Bob the Fake Mexican being your senator just keep bringing in high tech businesses like Apple.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 2:34:20 AM EDT
[#28]
As if Georgetown hadn't nosedived in the last few years, now this AND Best of the West gong down the shitter.

Starting to wonder how long before I'll have to move even further out.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 6:06:18 PM EDT
[#29]
I’ve been saying it in GD, so I’ll say it here.

While I am all for bringing in businesses to boost our own economy, when we try to get companies like Apple and Amazon, all we are doing is bringing in our own doom.

They wont hire from within.  They will bring their own crew in and we will have imported 10k + Leftcoasters who will vote us in their direction.

Importing our own demise, one company at a time.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 5:08:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sort of.

How soon is the multi-billion bond election for new schools, along with football stadiums rivaling the size of Cowboy Stadium?

You think your taxes won't go up?  Think again.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 12:21:20 PM EDT
[#31]
I helped build the first one, worked out pretty good for me
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Government loves this. More problems for them to justify higher taxes. More government jobs, more job security, etc.
They don't see it as a problem.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 7:58:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Government loves this. More problems for them to justify higher taxes. More government jobs, more job security, etc.
View Quote
Problem is the city of Austin already wastes enough money on liberal hopes and dreams.   They spent taxpayer money for things like legal defense fund for illegals in their sanctuary city when ICE started cracking down and now they want to spend millions of dollars to pay/subsidize minorities and poor people to move back into east Austin now that it costs too much to live there. Now add another 10 to 20,000 jobs to that mix.

With the high cost of living there more and more people keep moving to the bordering counties which is driving up their housing costs and property appraisals (I'm in Burnet county).  So Austin crap affects the rest of us.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 8:11:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
How soon is the multi-billion bond election for new schools, along with football stadiums rivaling the size of Cowboy Stadium?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sort of.

I know how taxes work.  Nobody is bitching about Walmart creating new jobs in TX that us much more of a drain on the public than the above average paying jobs Apple will.  More people will continue to flood into TX until the economy falls out.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 8:14:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Problem is the city of Austin already wastes enough money on liberal hopes and dreams.   They spent taxpayer money for things like legal defense fund for illegals in their sanctuary city when ICE started cracking down and now they want to spend millions of dollars to pay/subsidize minorities and poor people to move back into east Austin now that it costs too much to live there. Now add another 10 to 20,000 jobs to that mix.

With the high cost of living there more and more people keep moving to the bordering counties which is driving up their housing costs and property appraisals (I'm in Burnet county).  So Austin crap affects the rest of us.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its not much different in DFW or Houston, although the city if Austin is wacky liberal but so is Dallas ans Houston.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 3:30:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I know how taxes work.  Nobody is bitching about Walmart creating new jobs in TX that us much more of a drain on the public than the above average paying jobs Apple will.  More people will continue to flood into TX until the economy falls out.
View Quote
Ever see what Walmart does to rural area businesses?

Guaranteed Walmart displaces more people who’ve grown up in rural areas and changes the population a hell of a lot more than apple ever could..
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 7:43:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Ever see what Walmart does to rural area businesses?

Guaranteed Walmart displaces more people who’ve grown up in rural areas and changes the population a hell of a lot more than apple ever could..
View Quote
That's for sure.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 12:14:38 PM EDT
[#38]
You're assuming all Apple employees are liberals. I'm here to tell you they are not.

Also, little known secret, Apple has owned land in Wilco for a long, long time. But chose to do nothing with it due to Wilco trying to dictate company policies.
They sold that land several years back when they decided to move and expand the current campus.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top