Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:40:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Time to start contacting these fools. And spread the word to avoid them.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:54:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Most of these LTC people are like the typical gun counter idiots that think they are gods gift to the gun world and are the chosen ones  for education.  

We even have some that post on here at times.  Some are only opposing it because they don’t want to loose money and some actually believe you should have to be judged by them before you are allowed to have your constitutional rights.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:57:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Of course they do.

Like many, they align their beliefs with what makes them money, not what is right.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 3:09:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Strange, I can't find any info on the assclown from El Paso (Daniel Chavez) other than a phone number. No business license, no website/FB, nada. Almost like he's a non-person.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 3:45:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Time to start contacting these fools. And spread the word to avoid them.
View Quote

Yep, they just want to protect their income. I know who I will actively tell people to avoid.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 3:56:06 PM EDT
[#6]
A person would be a fool to not take a good course on the intricacies of carrying and heaven forbid using a carry weapon.

Should you be in a shooting, the ability to refer to your training might be very useful if you were to go to trial.  I might show how serious you are about following the law and being adept as using your weapon.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 4:22:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A person would be a fool to not take a good course on the intricacies of carrying and heaven forbid using a carry weapon.

Should you be in a shooting, the ability to refer to your training might be very useful if you were to go to trial.  I might show how serious you are about following the law and being adept as using your weapon.
View Quote

I took the training several years ago.  If you are expecting to be adept with your weapon after you complete the LTC class...well you will be disappointed.
The legal aspects of concealed carry in Texas was good info but if you put a little effort into reviewing the applicable Texas laws you would learn more than what was presented in class.
I had to take one refresher class before Texas dropped the refresher class requirement for renewal, the refresher class didn't present any new info.

Folks that are serious about being proficient with their weapon and knowledgeable about the law can still enroll in classes for this information or join competition based organizations.
Why should the state have to give its consent for you to partake in one of your inalienable rights?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 4:52:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a friend that left a facebook "does not recommend" on one of the places citing sounds anti 2a lol.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 5:42:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I took the training several years ago.  If you are expecting to be adept with your weapon after you complete the LTC class...well you will be disappointed.
The legal aspects of concealed carry in Texas was good info but if you put a little effort into reviewing the applicable Texas laws you would learn more than what was presented in class.
I had to take one refresher class before Texas dropped the refresher class requirement for renewal, the refresher class didn't present any new info.

Folks that are serious about being proficient with their weapon and knowledgeable about the law can still enroll in classes for this information or join competition based organizations.
Why should the state have to give its consent for you to partake in one of your inalienable rights?

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/330CC6C3-704D-4020-B3D5-C91D11232EB1-475.gif
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I consider the LTC ‘training’ to be a joke. 50 slow shots at 3 distances, just shows you can kind of shoot. Both the shooting and written test are both pretty loose at passing. Only thing really worth getting a LTC for is the background check that lets you bypass NICS and walk right in the Capitol, plus gets you off with a warning instead of a ticket.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 5:49:38 PM EDT
[#10]
The LTC program does not require training. It does not provide training. It tests knowledge and minimum proficiency just like a drivers license exam does not teach you how to drive.

Folks carrying under MPA also are not required to be trained, or even pass a proficiency exam.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 11:20:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I am an independent LTC instructor (side gig, for fun) and have been since 2016, taught many hundreds of students I'd estimate.  While we all have to teach state mandated curriculum, I'd put my course and teaching ability up against anyone else.  I put a lot of time and effort into it to make sure there was as much value as possible.  I told every class at the beginning and end that I support constitutional carry and I urged them all to contact their state reps if they felt the same.  I even published a copy/paste letter on my website that students could use.

1) The shooting proficiency standards are a joke.  However, on average I had about 1-2 out of each 25+ person class fail.  About half would re-test and pass it, the other half would simply never return.
2) The written test is a joke as well.  Anyone with half a brain can pass it even before the class starts.  I've never had anyone fail though some have come close.
3) I am sure many of my students will do stupid things with firearms and that most people won't change a single thing they do after having taken the class.
***I do not advocate for raising the standards***

Additionally, the curriculum is what you'd expect from government...

1) Spending dang there an entire hour on safe storage?  I could sum this up in 5 minutes.
2) Dispute resolution?  Don't be an asshole, understand the laws, practice conflict avoidance, use common sense... Done!

The portion pertaining to laws and the use of force is quite helpful, but this is something that could EASILY be made into a video and made available to everyone for FREE.  The handgun safety portion is fine, but that's really a pre-requisite to this course and if I do have to teach it, I'd much rather discuss and demonstrate gear, have students drawing from holsters/concealment, etc.  On the whole, the LTC requirement causes more harm than it does good.  6+ hours spent in a class, $50+ class fee, $45 LTC application fee, $10 fingerprint fee, $15-$50 in ammo (depends on the supply), and for families, extra money for a babysitter.  That's a MINIMUM of $120 not counting your time which is extremely valuable to most adults.

Ultimately what I'm saying is that the course doesn't really make anyone safer, it's a huge infringement, and any benefits are outweighed by the drawbacks of having the LTC required to carry a handgun.  Any instructor worth a damn would know they could teach a MUCH better course if they were able to design the curriculum and teach a willing audience.  Though you may get less students enrolling since it's no longer a requirement, you'll have better trained students and there is NEVER any excuse for bilking folks out of money via government regulations just so that you can have a job.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 11:46:10 PM EDT
[#12]
anyone opposing freedom for monetary gain (or fear of loss) can pound sand.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:16:04 AM EDT
[#13]
I'll repeat what I wrote in the GD thread.  There are over 4k 'instructors' (in reality, the number who teach on a regular basis is much smaller).  The chuckleheads who signed this letter are idiots.  

I tell my students up front, it's a licensing scheme for a constitutional right. Until it passes we deal with what we have. Texas has made a hell of a lot of progress since 1995. I don't know that some of the younger folks appreciate that or what it was like when a vast chunk of the country was 'no-issue' or 'may-issue' instead of 'shall-issue'.  Granted, we've been too damn slow to get constitutional carry passed.

This animated graphic off of wikipedia is worth pondering, and celebrating.

Quoted:

1) Spending dang there an entire hour on safe storage?  I could sum this up in 5 minutes.

... 6+ hours spent in a class
View Quote

There's no time requirement for any particular section. Fulfill the 4 to 6 hr classroom requirement. What you spend on any particular section is up to you and your students' pass/fail rate.

If my class goes longer than 4.5 hrs I start to need a snickers. Fortunately, there aren't as many smokers these days making it easier to herd them back to the classroom.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:23:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:07:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Dumbest part about these turncoats is that moving to Constitutional Carry in other states has not decreased the number of permit holders.  John Lott had data from Arizona when they went to CC, and the percentages of permits increased afterwards.  

They are usually two separate groups - gun enthusiasts like us who either already have them, or will get them to carry in other states.  

The other group who carry without permits are not big into guns, they just carry as needed to protect themselves.  They were not going to get permits at the start, for multiple reasons - time, money, energy, too many other things going on at home, etc.

If anything, for every X number of folks who won't get a permit now because of CC, you'd have more who go the other way - once they start carrying a pistol, and realize how important it is, will get a LTC to be able to carry in other states.  

Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:17:00 AM EDT
[#16]
I have been through quite a few different training classes. The LTC ‘training’ is not really training. If you want to know the laws you would be better to take an online course and if taking a test the test has you go back and re-read any question you missed. That way you actually understand the laws not just do a ‘good enough’ score to pass. I would still not make the online test mandatory, but so that those that want to learn more will learn more. The basics of 51%, 30.06/30.07, etc are just about self explanatory and the casual carrier will error on caution.

The shooting part of the LTC is pretty much a joke. I can suggest quite a few different classes to take if you want to actually learn how to shoot from carry.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 1:53:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Dumbest part about these turncoats is that moving to Constitutional Carry in other states has not decreased the number of permit holders.  John Lott had data from Arizona when they went to CC, and the percentages of permits increased afterwards.  

They are usually two separate groups - gun enthusiasts like us who either already have them, or will get them to carry in other states.  

The other group who carry without permits are not big into guns, they just carry as needed to protect themselves.  They were not going to get permits at the start, for multiple reasons - time, money, energy, too many other things going on at home, etc.

If anything, for every X number of folks who won't get a permit now because of CC, you'd have more who go the other way - once they start carrying a pistol, and realize how important it is, will get a LTC to be able to carry in other states.  

View Quote

Exactly. More gun toters equals more guns, ammo, gear and training they can sell.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:49:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 10:15:52 AM EDT
[#19]

Johnny Price of Big Iron Handgun License Training isn't sold. He's been teaching courses since 2008 and has licensed thousands of gun owners across Texas wishing to either conceal or open carry.

WFAA Reporter Matt Howerton has attended several of Price's classes over the years on various stories.  

Price charges $100 for the course, a fairly reasonable number—some in the D-FW area that WFAA looked into charge as low as $85.

"I mean the license for four years alone is $40, not including the course," Price said. "That's pretty cheap."
View Quote

Know your enemy...

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/is-texas-ready-for-permitless-gun-carrying-law-many-dfw-license-to-carry-instructors-arent-sold/287-ca9cc549-a798-4060-9a67-643d0032c0d1
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 10:13:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed. That's as stupid as saying you need to have a degree in English before you can exercise your freedom of speech.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 11:13:26 PM EDT
[#21]
LTC training is not "training" it is sitting through shit to get rubber stamped to be able to carry. These assholes that oppose it, see it as a risk to their wallet.  I was a certified instructor for CCW in AZ when I lived there, we passed constitutional carry and there was no real drop in those seeking training.

I hope this gets passed, truly.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 3:43:26 PM EDT
[#22]
I teach and have no problem with the bill. The more the merrier as far as I am concerned. Any instructor opposed to the bill is in it for the wrong reasons IMO.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 10:50:20 PM EDT
[#23]
as the line goes from "The Sand Pebbles"...  

"It's his Rice Bowl ..."

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 11:01:56 AM EDT
[#24]
JRC3 doubled down on his opposition to Constitutional Carry in this email reply:
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 11:11:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
JRC3 doubled down on his opposition to Constitutional Carry in this email reply:
https://i.ibb.co/C891WP9/image.png
View Quote

Ole' JRC3 is a special kind of stupid. Maybe he needs training before writing or talking, you the First Amendment.

EYA: Hunting, driving a car is a privilege, not a God Given Right. Self protection is a God Given Right!!!
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 11:38:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Who is JRC3, and why do we care about JRC3?
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 12:01:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Who is JRC3, and why do we care about JRC3?
View Quote

Check Page 2, of the "Letter From LTC Instructors of Texas To House Members": https://www.scribd.com/document/503038622/Letter-From-LTC-Instructors-of-Texas-to-House-Members#from_embed
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 12:25:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
https://i.ibb.co/C891WP9/image.png
View Quote

Can we tell jrc3 that he has not had proper 1A training so he needs to shut the fuck up.

Also who is jrc3 and how many paint chips did he eat as a child.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 2:25:33 PM EDT
[#29]
You know that every one of those bastards has an account here and is likely reading this.

Freaking Judases.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 2:37:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
You know that every one of those bastards has an account here and is likely reading this.

Freaking Judases.
View Quote

Yes there is in fact a few that have account here.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 6:06:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
You're right. But the LTC course ain't that.

Fuck those guys too. They know damn good and well most are just trying to protect their bottom line versus doing what they know is right. There's probably more than a few who do believe ina licensing system. Meanwhile crooks STILL don't follow the licensing system.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 7:23:37 AM EDT
[#32]
If you signed that letter and are in here reading this, you're a piece of shit.  Fuck you!
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 11:41:44 AM EDT
[#33]
I agree!  Any of those instructors are turncoats who should be run out of firearms industry.  

The left does a much better job keeping its side in line.  If for example an abortion doctor said yeah, 9 month partial birth abortions are hideous and are really murder, he'd been finished in the medical field.

Fired that week from his job, statements about "values" claimed as to why, his social media accounts deleted.  His college would put out a statement about how shocked they were and how he's a disgrace to that school.  His office vandalized (with zero investigation by the cops who'd be told to do nothing), and his family harassed as well.

Link Posted: 4/24/2021 5:14:47 AM EDT
[#34]
This is interesting.  Looks like some of the instructors on the list may not agree with the letter and their name should not have been on it.

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/04/texas-ltc-instructors-distance-themselves-from-letter-against-constitutional-carry/#axzz6swUDA1JQ
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 8:26:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
This is interesting.  Looks like some of the instructors on the list may not agree with the letter and their name should not have been on it.

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/04/texas-ltc-instructors-distance-themselves-from-letter-against-constitutional-carry/#axzz6swUDA1JQ
View Quote

Camacho looks like a bigger piece of shit now. Forging signatures on his letter. I bet he has ties to Texas Gun Nonsense. Like the media saying LE is all against CC, then you find out it is a bunch of big city chiefs only.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top