Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2021 1:58:51 AM EDT
https://www.texastribune.org/2021/07/11/texas-republican-chair-matt-rinaldi/

from what I've seen of this guy, I like him.  thoughts?  
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 8:20:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
https://www.texastribune.org/2021/07/11/texas-republican-chair-matt-rinaldi/

from what I've seen of this guy, I like him.  thoughts?  
View Quote

I've got nothing against him at this point, but I don't know enough to have a strong opinion.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 8:33:40 AM EDT
[#2]
From the article seems like a good guy, but from the article he should understand even more important than raising money is growing the base getting more and more of the people moving here why it is so important to vote and support the Republican Party, not the Democrats. The Democrats get FREE media right from the get go between nearly every newspaper, TV station and a bunch of magazines in Texas.

You can not win elections without the votes even when running good candidates.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 8:42:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I guess memories are short. Rinaldi was a several term member of the Texas House, one of the guys who put the Freedom Caucus together to drive the legislature to the right and was targeted for elimination by the coastal Democrats.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 10:30:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I guess memories are short. Rinaldi was a several term member of the Texas House, one of the guys who put the Freedom Caucus together to drive the legislature to the right and was targeted for elimination by the coastal Democrats.
View Quote

Remember 2018 Texas got hit by the Beto effect. In Wilco we lost 2 House seats to Democrats, one was an open seat lost  by less than 100 votes, the other was contested still lost by a slim margin.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 9:39:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Strikes me as a grifter; but he’s pretty well tied to us now.  Sometimes people who think you’re a rube advance your interests better than people who deeply share your beliefs

If in ANY doubt, even a scintilla, the safe bet with politicians or political pundits, or politics adjacent, is to assume they are shameless grifters on par with the Traveller trying to repave your driveway.

But basically, he’s got nowhere else to go, so he’s got more incentive to deliver than a lot of the GOP.  Not that Don’s wrong either.  ARFCOM isn’t Texas.  You’ve still got to win elections to make things happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top