Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2023 9:14:27 PM EDT
I will be traveling to Kansas City Wednesday through Sunday for Vision automotive seminar. What are the concealed carry laws like?
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 9:35:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Fairly straightforward; we are constitutional carry (no permit required), stand your ground/castle doctrine. There are some places that may have "no Firearms allowed" signs up, but that isn't really enforceable by law (government buildings being the exception). A business can ask you to leave if they are anti-gun and they see you're carrying, but unless I'm mistaken there's no criminal penalty.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 10:12:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By eddster:
Fairly straightforward; we are constitutional carry (no permit required), stand your ground/castle doctrine. There are some places that may have "no Firearms allowed" signs up, but that isn't really enforceable by law (government buildings being the exception). A business can ask you to leave if they are anti-gun and they see you're carrying, but unless I'm mistaken there's no criminal penalty.
View Quote

Thanks for the reply. Concealed covered by constitutional carry?
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 10:48:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup. Kansas does honor Texas CHL for what it's worth, but it's not required.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 10:49:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Open carry is legal in most of the state as well, but concealed has obvious advantages
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 7:07:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top