Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2021 11:26:45 AM EDT
There are several Signal groups for us Tennessee members.  

Tennessee State Group

East Tennessee, bit of a chatroom, like the local bar.

Chattanooga area.

Knoxville area.

Tri-Cities area

West area

Download Signal and IM me your number, I'm only an Admin on a couple groups so others will have to do their respective groups.  

I will be vetting applicants on Arfcom, no commies allowed.  Don't take offense if you're not immediately approved. A low poster or if you have questionable posts, etc., might not make the cut.  This doesn't mean Newbies aren't allowed.  

No Secret Squirrel stuff, keep it clean, keep your guard up.

If there are others post them and I'll add to the list.  Not necessarily the formal group name here for reasons.

Update, I'm creating a TN State group for connection purposes, a little cohesion through the groups, pass the word, etc.  Never know.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:21:18 PM EDT
[#1]
tbh the etn signal group has about 70% replaced GD for me.   i also started a tri cities study group, but it's for coordinating regular shooting training/practice.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:04:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
tbh the etn signal group has about 70% replaced GD for me.   i also started a tri cities study group, but it's for coordinating regular shooting training/practice.
View Quote

It has for me as well.  Although for some reason I've been posting lately on Arf more than I ever have too.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:57:19 PM EDT
[#3]
IM sent
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:28:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
IM sent
View Quote

@Kingpin38506

I haven't received anything yet.  Messages have been acting weird lately though.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:39:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

@Kingpin38506

I haven't received anything yet.  Messages have been acting weird lately though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IM sent

@Kingpin38506

I have sent a few  messages over the last few weeks, and never heard back from any of them. Either I’m completely unloved around here, or the message system isn’t working lol
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:16:02 PM EDT
[#6]
same here so i switched to sending emails
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:10:45 PM EDT
[#7]
It’s not just you. Lol

I’ll give it a go.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:32:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I have sent a few  messages over the last few weeks, and never heard back from any of them. Either I’m completely unloved around here, or the message system isn’t working lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
IM sent

@Kingpin38506

Now it's saying your box is full.  Mine suddenly showed full as well which is odd.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:24:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Now it's saying your box is full.  Mine suddenly showed full as well which is odd.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
IM sent

@Kingpin38506

I’m going to blame godaddy.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:29:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
IM sent

@Kingpin38506

Well that goes without saying.  lol
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:04:38 AM EDT
[#11]
For those of us who are not tech nerds, what is Signal and why should I download it?  Small words, crayons, all that.

Thanks,

ETA:  You have to download to your phone before it will allow you to download to your PC.  My iPhone is asking me:  "Signal" is asking for access to your Contacts".

Don't Allow or OK?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:21:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
For those of us who are not tech nerds, what is Signal and why should I download it?  Small words, crayons, all that.

Thanks,

View Quote

It's just an encrypted text messaging app, just better at texts and pictures, groups, etc than your default text on your phone.  It's a good way to communicate, especially if Arfcom goes back down, and a good way to meet people.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:53:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It's just an encrypted text messaging app, just better at texts and pictures, groups, etc than your default text on your phone.  It's a good way to communicate, especially if Arfcom goes back down, and a good way to meet people.
View Quote

Cool a version of Mighty Text where you can read and reply to text messages on your phone or your PC.  

But I've already hit the first stumbling block:  I downloaded the app onto my iPhone and now my desktop.  Now my desktop is asking "Link your phone to Signal Desktop".  For the Apple, the instructions are:

> Signal Settings
> Linked Devices
> Link New Device

There is no "Linked Devices" in my iPhone 12 Pro Signal Settings.

What now?

NVM, dumbfuck here figured it out.

Now what? >>> RTFM.  

I already have one Arfcom TNer on Signal in my phone.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:01:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Cool a version of Mighty Text where you can read and reply to text messages on your phone or your PC.  

But I've already hit the first stumbling block:  I downloaded the app onto my iPhone and now my desktop.  Now my desktop is asking "Link your phone to Signal Desktop".  For the Apple, the instructions are:

> Signal Settings
> Linked Devices
> Link New Device

What now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

> Signal Settings
> Linked Devices
> Link New Device

What now?

Quoted:

Thanks,

ETA:  You have to download to your phone before it will allow you to download to your PC.  My iPhone is asking me:  "Signal" is asking for access to your Contacts".

Don't Allow or OK?

I did allow, makes it easier on the app.

Quoted:

> Signal Settings
> Linked Devices
> Link New Device

What now?

Good question actually, I haven't done the desktop yet.  I will do that and get back to you.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:08:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Sent you an IM.  The subject line is:  "It's a Forking Miracle".  
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:09:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

> Signal Settings
> Linked Devices
> Link New Device

What now?

NVM, dumbfuck here figured it out.

Now what? >>> RTFM.  

I already have one Arfcom TNer on Signal in my phone.  
View Quote

Just got it too.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:14:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Messaged you, I don't see that anywhere though.  lol
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:20:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was humor.  

Importing Contacts from the phone isn't working.  Says I need to have both the PC and the phone connected to the internet.  Since I'm getting your Signal messages on both, I'm connected.  Don't know why it's not working.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:22:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

That was humor.  

Importing Contacts from the phone isn't working.  Says I need to have both the PC and the phone connected to the internet.  Since I'm getting your Signal messages on both, I'm connected.  Don't know why it's not working.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was humor.  

Mine won't sync across devices right now either.

It was totally offline last week, due to the increase in traffic.  Probably still having an effect.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:42:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Mine won't sync across devices right now either.

It was totally offline last week, due to the increase in traffic.  Probably still having an effect.
View Quote

Not gonna worry about it then.

Thanks,

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:46:58 PM EDT
[#21]
@Mossyrocks I sent an email, let’s see if that works
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:46:01 PM EDT
[#22]
PM sent. W. Tenn area.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:14:27 PM EDT
[#23]
did I IM you?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:04:50 PM EDT
[#24]
West TN now has a signal group going.  It is still quiet in there since it is brand new.  

If you join the group, the main rule of thumb is don’t post anything in there that you wouldn’t want to see reported in the local newspaper.  This rule should apply across the board with any social media platform you participate in.  

Otherwise, keep it friendly and fun.  Hopefully, when the COVID hysteria finally calms down, we can start organizing regular in person events.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:47:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Who do I IM for west TN?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:31:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Who do I IM for west TN?
View Quote

Same. Would like to make the next shoot.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:19:38 AM EDT
[#27]
PM me for the W TN group.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:16:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
did I IM you?
View Quote

Just messaged.  Not seeing your number on Signal.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:25:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Just added a State group, probably rarely used but it gives some communication structure if we need it.

West, East, Up, Down, hop on there just in case.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:17:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Just added a State group, probably rarely used but it gives some communication structure if we need it.

West, East, Up, Down, hop on there just in case.
View Quote

Good thinking. Now I can roll out my business plan statewide!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:20:34 AM EDT
[#31]
PM sent to join state group.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:13:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Good thinking. Now I can roll out my business plan statewide!
View Quote

Damn straight, Wine Mixers?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:13:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
PM sent to join state group.
View Quote

Signal sent!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:57:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top