Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2018 9:23:31 AM EDT
So I am looking at the possibility of moving to IN in the future.

nothing is immediate or set it stone but im just trying to get a feel for the area.
it would be in the north east part of the state, a little north of Fort Wayne.

shooting ranges?
How is the winter?
How is summer?
how rural are the area's up there?
Are people friendly?

I am currently in Eastern KY and have 400 acres of property (that I will be keeping).
I am definitely used to being out in the country with no neighbors and just being left alone.
walk out behind the house and shoot half a case of ammo and the neighbors cant even hear the shots.
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 11:25:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I am looking at the possibility of moving to IN in the future.

nothing is immediate or set it stone but im just trying to get a feel for the area.
it would be in the north east part of the state, a little north of Fort Wayne.

shooting ranges? There is a shooting range in FT. Wayne that does USPSA, IDPA, etc., but the name escaped me at the moment. Hillside shooting sports is another one and I believe they are setup for 1000 yards or very close to it (been a while since I've been there) and Bend of the River Conservation Club in Niles, MI isnt that far away.
How is the winter? Cold and snowy. You'll probably end up with some lake affect snow at times.
How is summer?Humidity sucks
how rural are the area's up there? Can't answer that since I don't live there
Are people friendly?I've found the father away from Chicago you are the more laid back folks are. I live in Lake county about an hour and ten minutes from downtown, but I can't give you a definitive answer.

I am currently in Eastern KY and have 400 acres of property (that I will be keeping).
I am definitely used to being out in the country with no neighbors and just being left alone.
walk out behind the house and shoot half a case of ammo and the neighbors cant even hear the shots.
View Quote
Gun laws are better than most states. SBS, SBR, MG's, suppressors all legal to own. Concealed or open carry legal with a permit, but there had been a push over the last few years to become a constitutional carry state. I could use a little more scenery as far as hills, etc., but it's mostly flat farmland where I'm at. I sit on 100 acres so it's nice and isolated just like I prefer. I would suggest checking property tax rates in whatever county you are looking at. Living in Lake county, we are one of the higher property tax rates in the state so that's always a kick in the nuts twice a year. If I built my house 10 minutes south my taxes would have been half, but I couldnt pass up the deal on the property.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top