Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2021 11:16:34 AM EDT
Please tell me about living in Tuscaloosa...

Is it a safe place to live?

What is it like?

Is there a better place to live nearby, if someone works in the city?

Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 9:34:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Just like with any city, there are some good and not good areas.

How long of a commute are you willing to drive?
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 12:21:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Welfare is making every place worse.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 7:16:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How long of a commute are you willing to drive?
View Quote

No more than 30 min.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 7:47:20 PM EDT
[#4]
We moved there about 30 years ago and moved south of town on Hwy 69 for the schools. In the past 3 decades the "sprawl" has really put a damper on this area as far as traffic and crime. We left about 10 years ago and if we moved back now, we would live north of the Black Warrior in the North Tuscaloosa area.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 8:56:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Born and lived there for 23 years. Was a police officer at TPD for 1.5 years. I hope to never live there again. But if you have to, find a place down on HWY 69 S or North of the Black Warrior River. I wouldn't advise anyone to live in the city. I have family in the city and I still wish to never go back. Look at Northport or further North on 82 for a better place to live. Brookwood, Coker, Moundville, McCalla, and Gordo would be better if you're ok with the drive.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 10:36:31 PM EDT
[#6]
30 minutes changes a lot between August and January there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top