Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2021 7:15:23 PM EDT
Thinking of moving there, I'm retired and want a much smaller town to live in.

I've stopped there for gas and for lunch but have not spent any more time there than that.

Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:30:38 AM EDT
[#1]
No one?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:46:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:06:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted: I live across the state, so I’m no help. I’m sure someone will be along to help. Eventually
View Quote
+1

And if you're interested in expanding your search to retirement-friendly, smaller towns across the state you may get a few more "hits".

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:53:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I live across the state, so I’m no help. I’m sure someone will be along to help. Eventually
View Quote

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:55:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
+1

And if you're interested in expanding your search to retirement-friendly, smaller towns across the state you may get a few more "hits".

View Quote

Also looking at the Las Vegas area.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:52:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Do a research on low yearly temperatures
There is one large grocery store, no Wally, Trinidad  co. has a Wally,pepole go there. Small towns across the country are depressed, Raton Dairy Queen  and Kentucky fried chicken closed.
Would suggest road trip to check out stuff for your self this spring summer.
Whittington center and the visitor center are outstanding

Las Vegas is larger medical falsities would be better
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:18:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do a research on low yearly temperatures
There is one large grocery store, no Wally, Trinidad  co. has a Wally,pepole go there. Small towns across the country are depressed, Raton Dairy Queen  and Kentucky fried chicken closed.
Would suggest road trip to check out stuff for your self this spring summer.
Whittington center and the visitor center are outstanding

Las Vegas is larger medical falsities would be better
View Quote

Thank you for the info.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:25:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Your not from California are you??
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:11:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Your not from California are you??
View Quote

No, born in Arizona, lived in the southwest my whole life.

Where I live is being overrun by people from California, that is one reason I'm looking to move after almost 50 years.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:07:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thinking of moving there, I'm retired and want a much smaller town to live in.

I've stopped there for gas and for lunch but have not spent any more time there than that.

Thanks!!!
View Quote

I lived close by for several years. Love the area. It’s pretty desolate, not much in the way of amenities, medical care, and entertainment. I wouldn’t put it too high on my list in retirement.

On the plus side, you’ve got the Whittington, Valle Vidal, Vermejo Park, and the best cuisine around (Northern NM).

ETA, I think Vegas would be a better place overall. It would be awesome to live out of town a bit toward Mora.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:32:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I lived close by for several years. Love the area. It’s pretty desolate, not much in the way of amenities, medical care, and entertainment. I wouldn’t put it too high on my list in retirement.

On the plus side, you’ve got the Whittington, Valle Vidal, Vermejo Park, and the best cuisine around (Northern NM).

ETA, I think Vegas would be a better place overall. It would be awesome to live out of town a bit toward Mora.
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:22:58 AM EDT
[#12]
I wont be any help to you OP, I am an Okie, but a few months ago I drove across the top part of the state from Clayton to Cimarron.

Most people would find that boring, desolate country but I loved it.  I could live there and be in heaven.  I don't mind driving 40 miles one way to shop for groceries, I do that now in SW OK.

Make a trip every couple weeks or so and fill the truck up.  Good luck with your search.  I will be passing through Raton in June as I look around the Westcliffe, Canon City, Salida area of Colorado.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:59:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I wont be any help to you OP, I am an Okie, but a few months ago I drove across the top part of the state from Clayton to Cimarron.

Most people would find that boring, desolate country but I loved it.  I could live there and be in heaven.  I don't mind driving 40 miles one way to shop for groceries, I do that now in SW OK.

Make a trip every couple weeks or so and fill the truck up.  Good luck with your search.  I will be passing through Raton in June as I look around the Westcliffe, Canon City, Salida area of Colorado.
View Quote

Thank you, it's a beautiful part of the state.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:35:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I actually love the Clayton high also. I’ve even stopped at the store in Gladstone, NM lol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top