Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2023 12:52:52 PM EDT
Cross-posted from .mil forum

I’m slated to PCS to FGGA. Allegedly will be working something cyber.

I’ve never been to Gordon, I don’t know squat about cyber. I’m a field artillery officer; the FA BN XO trainer (Wolf 02) at NTC.

Evans looks like the place to live. Any good info on local ranges (big USPSA shooter), or places to ride dirt bikes…?
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 1:35:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 2:12:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Find a place in Columbia County. Grovetown is closest to post but the traffic is soul crushing.

Sunnyside ATV park is nice and located between Harlem and Wrens. Truck Night in America was filmed there.

Pinetuckey does matches. I’m not sure what kind though. I’ve heard enough Fudd stories to not be interested. YMMV.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 3:36:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I grew up in that area.

There are worse places to live than Martinez and Evans, that's for sure.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 11:52:35 PM EDT
[#4]
This reminds me, I need to visit Ft Gordon some time again, haven't been there since 1990-1991 when I was in AIT.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 3:08:30 PM EDT
[#5]
No OCs allowed. Stay at FT Irwin.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 6:02:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome! I'm retired but working at ARCYBER, are you headed to the school house? I'll pm you my .mil and can be your ARFCOM sponsor

ROCK6
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 10:41:56 PM EDT
[#7]
As mentioned, traffic around the area SUCKS.  My wife is from Evans, and her dad retired from Fort Gordon...if he'd stop being a deadbeat and actually join the site, he could tell you all about it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 3:21:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I’ve never been to Gordon, I don’t know squat about cyber.

View Quote

Georgia is hot and humid, you'll hate it. On the bright side, no goofy gun laws.

Cyber may not interest you but it could be the best career bump the army gives you.

Buddy was a gun bunny, somehow switched to cyber, best move of his life.

Try and make a shoot at Emu range when you get settled in.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Find a place in Columbia County. Grovetown is closest to post but the traffic is soul crushing.

Sunnyside ATV park is nice and located between Harlem and Wrens. Truck Night in America was filmed there.

Pinetuckey does matches. I'm not sure what kind though. I've heard enough Fudd stories to not be interested. YMMV.
View Quote
this. OP i suspect i know where you're going and what ur doin. ill send u a pm.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 6:53:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Welcome! I'm retired but working at ARCYBER, are you headed to the school house? I'll pm you my .mil and can be your ARFCOM sponsor

ROCK6
View Quote
@ROCK6

you still need to get out with us Augusta boys.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 9:02:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
@ROCK6

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ROCK6
@ROCK6

Fo sho
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 4:08:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
@ROCK6

View Quote

@ThrustMyStoma
Yeah, I've been a little absent lately...I shouldn't be as busy as I am!
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 5:16:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Pinetucky has monthly USPSA matches with good attendance. Mid-Carolina outside Columbia,SC does too. There are steel challenge and some other matches at Pinetucky as well. It is hot and humid here during the summer, price to pay for not being butt deep in snow. It’s not a bad place to live. Welcome to the area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top