Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2020 3:44:55 PM EDT
Looking at a new gig in Chattanooga.

Would move out this summer.  Just me so I'd be renting an apartment.

Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 6:32:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 10:44:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 4:29:22 PM EDT
[#3]
You've gotten very good advice so far. I'll add a bit: unless your job is close to I-75, avoid it. Even if your job is close to I-24, avoid it: it is a clusterfuck of major proportions, rivaling the D.C. area. Unless you absolutely are required to live in the city of Chattanooga, don't. By going a bit north and west to the Hixson area and U.S. 27, you have fairly easy access without the major headaches. Same with the Harrison area. If you don't mind driving a little, the Soddy-Daisy area is quite non-urban.    
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 6:12:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I’m in the same boat, OP.  I’m just coming from an hour and a half or so away though.

I started the new job last week.  I haven’t looked for a new place to live in damn near 20 years, it’s frustrating as hell.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 9:48:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Ooltewah isn't a bad place to be for Chatt work. McDonald is just up the road from them as well.

If you like good beer, Hutton & Smith is a good micro brewery in Chattanooga.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 9:27:25 AM EDT
[#6]
We live in Soddy Daisy, takes me 25 mins to get to work in downtown Chattanooga and that is with the construction on 27.  You couldn't pay me to live in Ooltewah, the traffic on I75 and I24 is nuts. It takes some of my co-workers 45+ minutes to get home after work due to traffic. Look in Hixson, Soddy Daisy, and Sale Creek.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:43:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Anyone know much about Harrison?  I'm looking at a house up there this afternoon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top