Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2021 10:39:17 AM EDT
So, like many of us, I’m not looking forward to the upcoming election. Kemp has been a huge disappointment, and I don’t like Jones for numerous reasons. I have been seeing an increasing number of ‘Taylor for Governor’ signs in my area, and after taking a look at her website she seems like a good candidate. Has anyone here spoken with her, or have any additional insight? Might be a campaign worth throwing some money towards to get her name out there a little more.

https://www.kandisstaylor.com
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Well she seems to be saying the right things, but so did Kemp when he was running. I know that sounds jaded I am just having a hard time trusting anyone that seeks power these days. I would certainly be willing to give her a fair shot.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 1:50:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Very little real info on her page. Mostly just platitudes. I'll keep an eye out but it didn't get me too excited.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 3:48:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well she seems to be saying the right things, but so did Kemp when he was running. I know that sounds jaded I am just having a hard time trusting anyone that seeks power these days. I would certainly be willing to give her a fair shot.
View Quote

I totally agree, Kemp was a huge disappointment because I really believed he was going to do a good job when I voted for him. I’m afraid if there isn’t a strong candidate to rally support, we’re going to get our asses handed to us. I can’t imagine Kemp or Perdue are going to get republicans turning out to the polls in record numbers.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 7:08:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I totally agree, Kemp was a huge disappointment because I really believed he was going to do a good job when I voted for him. I’m afraid if there isn’t a strong candidate to rally support, we’re going to get our asses handed to us. I can’t imagine Kemp or Perdue are going to get republicans turning out to the polls in record numbers.
View Quote

We already saw people won't turn out to vote for Perdue. I can't see many Trump supporters turning out for Kemp either.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 8:41:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

We already saw people won't turn out to vote for Perdue. I can't see many Trump supporters turning out for Kemp either.
View Quote

Yeah, I agree.  I am still at a loss as for who I will fill in a bubble for come that day. Someone will really need to convince me one way or the other.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 1:34:28 PM EDT
[#6]
My wife met Taylor at a local rally and liked her.  That said, we also met Vernon Jones and he seemed pretty solid on the 2A.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 1:02:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

“Those who seek power are not worthy of that power.” -Plato

I’ve come to the conclusion that no rational person would run for public office.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 5:11:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I’ve come to the conclusion that no rational person would run for public office.
View Quote

So that would leave it to the irrational person by default.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 6:26:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This ^
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 7:28:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Trump's support is a double-edge sword. It may help convince Trump supporters to vote for a particular candidate, but it will drive away the independents who dislike Trump.

In order to stand a snowball's chance in hell of countering the liberal voters in the metro areas, the Republicans need as many independents as they can get...and I'm not sure that's the best route to take.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 1:32:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Trump's support is a double-edge sword. It may help convince Trump supporters to vote for a particular candidate, but it will drive away the independents who dislike Trump.

In order to stand a snowball's chance in hell of countering the liberal voters in the metro areas, the Republicans need as many independents as they can get...and I'm not sure that's the best route to take.
View Quote

IMHO: The only route to take is the big tent route. If you agree with someone 80% of the time, your tent needs to be big enough to bring them in. At the ballot box, that's all that matters. The other 20 - 25% that we don't have in common, we need to simply agree to disagree, and move on. As far as I'm concerned, that's likely our only hope.....
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 4:30:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 11:24:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I used to think the same but I've been coming around to a different idea. If the only people who run are power hungry shit bags, it just reinforces the fact.

I know a couple in our HTF who have ran and been elected on a local level that I trust. I am considering doing the same at some point in the future as well simply because there aren't many people in government that I feel like I can trust, and it isn't going to change if people like us don't get our asses up and do something about it.

I think the local level is the place to start.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I used to think the same but I've been coming around to a different idea. If the only people who run are power hungry shit bags, it just reinforces the fact.

I know a couple in our HTF who have ran and been elected on a local level that I trust. I am considering doing the same at some point in the future as well simply because there aren't many people in government that I feel like I can trust, and it isn't going to change if people like us don't get our asses up and do something about it.

I’d hardly call you rational
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:27:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 8:59:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

"Those who seek power are not worthy of that power." -Plato

I've come to the conclusion that no rational person would run for public office.
View Quote
That Plato guy was a smart dude.
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 8:42:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 5:44:34 AM EDT
[#17]
https://kandisstaylor.com
I looked around on Taylor's website a little.
I like the initiative to get a forensic audit of the election. I'll get deeper into that when I'm off shift.
I clicked the menu tab then clicked "endorsements". Mike Lindell was first on the list. Second on the list is Lin Wood.
That's a problem for me. Wood was telling Georgia Republican voters to sit out the runoff elections in protest of the Presidential election fraud.
I'll see if I can find a link.
ETA: I can't post the link about Wood. I'm not good with tech.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 5:55:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Damn it! For some reason when I try to post the Lin Wood link it keeps pasting the Kandiss Taylor link.
I just googled Lin Wood tells GA voters not to vote in elections. There are a ton of results. Sorry I dicked that up fellas.

Link Posted: 12/26/2021 11:02:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 3:30:31 AM EDT
[#20]
@southerncross
My thoughts exactly. To my way of thinking it doesn't look like she thought that through. Especially in Georgia. Wounds are still raw for alot of people here.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 6:10:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I looked around on Taylor's website a little.
I like the initiative to get a forensic audit of the election. I'll get deeper into that when I'm off shift.
I clicked the menu tab then clicked "endorsements". Mike Lindell was first on the list. Second on the list is Lin Wood.
That's a problem for me. Wood was telling Georgia Republican voters to sit out the runoff elections in protest of the Presidential election fraud.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/27/2021 9:06:09 AM EDT
[#22]
@Extorris
Yes sir, I intend to do more research, obviously, but as it stands, me voting for her ain't looking to good.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 9:04:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Lin Wood is all kinds of cancer. I would steer very clear of him if I was a candidate for anything.
View Quote

A Mike Lindell endorsement isn't any better. The guy has zero credibility at this point.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 8:19:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
A Mike Lindell endorsement isn't any better. The guy has zero credibility at this point.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 11:24:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Are we still doing mail in voting etc because we know how that's all going to turn out...
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 4:45:44 PM EDT
[#26]
I met Kandiss Taylor a few times in 2020 when she was running for senator (lol).  She finished with 0.8% of the vote.

She's nice enough but a bit crazy and has no real experience.  If she was serious about a career in politics I think she'd be better served running for a state house/senate position and working her way up the chain.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 9:29:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Work her way up the chain, like a career politician?

I thought we were supposed to hate those...
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 10:36:04 AM EDT
[#28]
We are, which never made much sense to me.  When I look for a mechanic I want a shop that's been there for years.  I seek out career barbers and prefer contractors with long lists of happy customers.  I've never been clear on why a complete lack of experience is a selling point in politics.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 11:26:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
We are, which never made much sense to me.  When I look for a mechanic I want a shop that's been there for years.  I seek out career barbers and prefer contractors with long lists of happy customers.  I've never been clear on why a complete lack of experience is a selling point in politics.
View Quote
Just my opinion here.
Politicians aren't "average, everyday Americans". They are self serving and power hungry assholes. Think about how much wealth a carrer politician can gain just by inside knowledge of up coming laws or mandates. Make it totally unbelievable like say vaccine mandates or a massive run on masks.
They don't care about the people because they're not of the people.
Again, just my opinion, it's worth exactly what you paid for it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 12:42:12 PM EDT
[#30]
I saw a small cut from tuckers show with her and they were talking about twitter.  I wasn't encouraged.  She wants everyone else to quit twitter 3 days after she got the boot.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 12:46:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I saw a small cut from tuckers show with her and they were talking about twitter.  I wasn't encouraged.  She wants everyone else to quit twitter 3 days after she got the boot.  
View Quote

Wrong Taylor.  This thread isn't about Marjorie Taylor Greene.  It's about Kandiss Taylor.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 12:57:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Honestly I've been toying with this as well....I have a good friend that lost his city Counselman seat in a nearby burb in the last election due to woke Karens and I fear this is the cross to bear for all Conservatives types who would run for office.  One will have to apply some level of persuasive argument constantly in order to be successful. So, one will need to be more like DeSantis than Trump; problem will be finding out who will follow through which boils down to luck. Jones or Taylor would be a crapshoot but we do know Perdue and Kemp so I guess that's where I'm at.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 1:54:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Honestly I've been toying with this as well....I have a good friend that lost his city Counselman seat in a nearby burb in the last election due to woke Karens and I fear this is the cross to bear for all Conservatives types who would run for office.  One will have to apply some level of persuasive argument constantly in order to be successful. So, one will need to be more like DeSantis than Trump; problem will be finding out who will follow through which boils down to luck. Jones or Taylor would be a crapshoot but we do know Perdue and Kemp so I guess that's where I'm at.

Link Posted: 1/6/2022 1:58:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Honestly I've been toying with this as well....
View Quote

FWIW I have some political campaigning experience and have even been the treasurer on a campaign so if you did want to do this I could probably help.  I've debated a run in my city as well but am just not at a point in my life where I can commit the time and energy to a four year term.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 5:30:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

FWIW I have some political campaigning experience and have even been the treasurer on a campaign so if you did want to do this I could probably help.  I've debated a run in my city as well but am just not at a point in my life where I can commit the time and energy to a four year term.
View Quote

That's where I'm sort of at. I've thought about my county government as I'm not happy where it's going, thing is I think the ship has sailed on that so I think it may be a frustrating waste of time.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 5:48:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That's where I'm sort of at. I've thought about my county government as I'm not happy where it's going, thing is I think the ship has sailed on that so I think it may be a frustrating waste of time.
View Quote
I cant argue with you @ATLDiver.
It may be too late, but maybe it's not.
Obviously I can't vote for you or @southerncross. But I am definitely down to help any way I can.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe in my heart if we can elect real, working men to the county, city and hell even school board positions, we can start to make a difference. I mean no offense or disrespect to anyone but in my very humble opinion we need more men with calluses on their hands as our representatives.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 5:52:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 4:27:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I agree with the sentiment. There are too many of the same kind of people in government. Seeing what @boersun and his wife are doing in their area has made me seriously consider seeking office at some point. If nothing else, being a bullshit detector and willing to tell the rest of the locals exactly what is going on in clear terms would be worth trying to get elected.
View Quote
Please do! I have run for office, and worked on campaigns from the local to national level. Would be happy to help out.

Link Posted: 1/20/2022 10:15:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I agree with the sentiment. There are too many of the same kind of people in government. Seeing what @boersun and his wife are doing in their area has made me seriously consider seeking office at some point. If nothing else, being a bullshit detector and willing to tell the rest of the locals exactly what is going on in clear terms would be worth trying to get elected.
View Quote
Dude, you'll kill it in local politics! People don't know how to deal with someone that's got nothing to lose and tells it like it is. You should do it. I'll drive down to come sit in a meeting and make snarky remarks when people disagree with you
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top