Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2022 12:13:50 PM EDT
I recently tried to purchase this pistol online and was told it was not legal in MN. The email said certain types of rimfire brands are not legal here. Is this bullshit? I’ve never heard of this before.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 1:12:48 PM EDT
[#1]
MN Saturday Night Special
I think Ruger Wrangler is another one
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 2:06:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats strange, I own a TX22 and didn't go thru anything out of the ordinary to buy it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 12:13:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Perfectly legal. Slide is aluminum.   Pure speculation but shop probably can't get them in stock or doesn't want to stock them.  

Wrangler / Walther 22's / Firefly / ATI 1911 .22  / Hi-Point / Heritage Revolvers all fit the list with Zamak or low melting point frames/slides.  Sig's Mosquito and 1911 . 22 were allowed under law because of some loophole regarding a variance/waiver or something to that effect.
I've seen the aforementioned in stock at certain dealers across the state so there are probably certain dealers who don't care or are ignorant to the law.  
Good  Luck
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 12:17:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Hmm, I’m guessing the reason is the that the slide is made of pot metal and is easily melted down. How stupid.

ETA: just saw the post above me. I know I’ve seen some of those pistols for sale in the metro area.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 12:49:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I own 2 and had no issues buying them online in 2020 and 2021.

Sportsmans.com is showing that I can order one right now and pick up in Coon Rapids om February 1st.
Unfortunately it is the $699 model. The sub $300 ones are sold out.

Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore is showing they will ship one to an FFL of my choice in MN.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 8:41:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I see one for sale on Armslist at Total Defense in Ramsey.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 3:11:26 PM EDT
[#7]
KL gun store in Lino Lakes have them.
Hard to find the sub $300 version at the moment. Its on my list to pick up.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 8:17:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Ahlman's in Morristown has TX22 Competition in stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top