Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2021 10:19:46 AM EDT
Howdy. My family and I are visiting Siesta Key at the moment and I thought about heading to Tampa to the Gun Show at the Fair Grounds and then take my family to the Grand Prix park on the NW end on Nebraska Ave but am unsure if it's a good area. I'm just wondering what are considered the city's good areas and the areas to definitely stay away from. Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 2:09:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Haven’t been to the gun show in a long time. Nothing special. The Grand Prix is ok and in the hood sorta. But it’s close to Shooter’s world and you can rent full autos there.....  If you decide to head to Tampa check out the river walk  downtown and maybe take 275 through St Pete and check out Fort De Soto on your way back.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 2:23:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Make sure you get ice cream at the Orange Octopus (Siesta Key)
The Bullet Hole is just around the corner from you on Orange Ave. And if wanting to drive to Venice, Total Impact Guns and Range.(no rentals)
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 4:24:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Haven’t been to the gun show in a long time. Nothing special. The Grand Prix is ok and in the hood sorta. But it’s close to Shooter’s world and you can rent full autos there.....  If you decide to head to Tampa check out the river walk  downtown and maybe take 275 through St Pete and check out Fort De Soto on your way back.
View Quote

Quoted:
Make sure you get ice cream at the Orange Octopus (Siesta Key)
The Bullet Hole is just around the corner from you on Orange Ave. And if wanting to drive to Venice, Total Impact Guns and Range.(no rentals)
View Quote

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely get the ice cream while I'm here.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 5:28:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely get the ice cream while I'm here.
View Quote

Before I forget. Check out The Salty Dog while you are in siesta key. Also check out munchies 420 and Yoder’s Amish restaurant since you’re in the Sarasota area.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 8:53:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Did you meet the homeless guy in the wheel chair in SK?
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 11:31:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Before I forget. Check out The Salty Dog while you are in siesta key. Also check out munchies 420 and Yoder’s Amish restaurant since you’re in the Sarasota area.
View Quote

Quoted:
View Quote

I'll do that except I get the same Amish cooking back up home because that's where they come from so I'll probably skip that one. Haven't seen the homeless guy yet though.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 8:22:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 9:56:50 AM EDT
[#8]
While in tampa, if you find yourself in Ybor City, dont pass up the opportunity to eat at the Columbia restaurant. The 1902 salad is awesome, as is the rest of their menu.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 10:12:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
While in tampa, if you find yourself in Ybor City, dont pass up the opportunity to eat at the Columbia restaurant. The 1902 salad is awesome, as is the rest of their menu.
View Quote

2nd this.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 10:59:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 4:19:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

3rd this
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 8:42:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The dude has been rolling around out there for at least ten years.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The dude has been rolling around out there for at least ten years.

yup, a fixture isn't he?
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 10:05:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

3rd this
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

3rd this
4th.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 1:39:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
4th.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

3rd this
4th.
It's the 1905 salad
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 2:50:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's the 1905 salad
View Quote

Well..Its been a few years, but it is awesome nonetheless. Maybe we should have an ARFCOM meetup and order the 1905 salad!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top