Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2018 6:05:27 PM EDT
Flying into Baltimore (BWI) and will eventually get on 301.
Mapquest shows 2 routes
One being (MD-100 & 2) and the other being I-97.

The last time I took 2 which looks more direct but there were so many lights and speeds rarely got above 45.
Thinking of taking I-97 but know highways in some areas can be so congested you barely hit 45 there as well.

Estimate driving time will be about 9-10am which I am hoping avoids the morning commuters.

Based on the time and your experience which will be more advisable?
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 5:36:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Flying into Baltimore (BWI) and will eventually get on 301.
Mapquest shows 2 routes
One being (MD-100 & 2) and the other being I-97.

The last time I took 2 which looks more direct but there were so many lights and speeds rarely got above 45.
Thinking of taking I-97 but know highways in some areas can be so congested you barely hit 45 there as well.

Estimate driving time will be about 9-10am which I am hoping avoids the morning commuters.

Based on the time and your experience which will be more advisable?
View Quote
Are you talking 301 South towards Virginia or going across the bridge to get on 301 North towards Delaware?
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 8:25:16 AM EDT
[#2]
more info on the route

but i have found 97 faster, unless theres an accident
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 10:38:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Need more info. Where are you going, DE.VA or Eastern Shore?

97 is "normally" faster.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 12:39:09 PM EDT
[#4]
97>2

Literally and figuratively
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 4:01:20 PM EDT
[#5]
You guys were too late. Already here.
Heading to DE.
Took a chance and hit 97 this trip and definitely a much smoother ride. No congestion or stop/go traffic.
I think I was just behind the morning rush so missed it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top